All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past Hour
  2. Bee(stie)

I couldn't agree more! I feel like I've set some pretty good foundations for the kids, so now it's making some time to enjoy ourselves. I've not had the time to tinker with my toys (is that rude?) for a while now and I've promised myself that the bike is going to be running this summer (after a seize at Donnington) and various other projects that I've been wanting to do for ages. I've been looking at Porsche 997s and RS6s (yes both VAGs and I luv 'em) and possibly an early 70s Alfa Spider or an M5 over the RS6 purely because they're a fair bit cheaper. Utter madness I know... But wait, 7 children! Wow.
  3. Share the information

very easy way to car rental. Very Good service and cheap RatedCar rental
  4. Today
  5. Bee(stie)

Isn't that the Brabus of the BMX world ?? RS 6 is a weapon, however it's VAG I love a 2 smoke, all that power in one place mmmmmmmmmmm Thing I like about the S Class is they are a wolf in sheeps clothing mine started as a barn find S500 that no one round these parts could fix, they had made it worse to the point of being a non runner Iused it a bit in the beginning,thenI bought a rolled S55 Kompressor with 34k miles and swapped all the running gear etc, added full Android including all the Headrest DVD / TV Screens, etc etc. I've seen original S55K's with 70k miles sell for £18k recently, mine owes me around 5grand all in, including the price of buying the wrecked W220 Kompressor, but not including the labour ........... That is my hobby, I love resurrectingand modding Cars Yeah, I'm a lover of my toys, over my manyyears I've been Karting, Special Saloons, Formula Ford, Drag Racing, Special Stage Rallying, Water Skiing, Power Boats, Dirt and big road Bikes, Quads, Jet Skis, even did a bit of light Aircraft flying ..................... If it's got an Engine I've likely owned it at some point Pure un adulterated Petrol Head Adrenaline Junkie me My philosophy is I can't take it with me, and havinglost close relatives and good buddies to the dreaded Cancer etc you never know what is around the corner .................. Between Mel and I we have 7 childrenand umpteen grand children, they'll likely all be fighting over it all when wefinally cark it !! My advice to anyone isenjoy your life,family, friends and toys while you can
  6. Guys, can we close this thread now please. I dont like advertising the fact that the Korean cars are our favourites. Soon we will have everyone putting their hands up in the auction for them!
  7. I tend to only buy autos where possible (and petrol) on all makes if I can. Parts are a bit pricey but you rarely need much apart from the usual consumables.
  8. Just one note to say the oil was below maximum, it's at halfway full, they even cleaned it, but I wouldn't employ the valeter, the wheels were still dirty Had a chat with the service guy to say how I admired his incredible patience with his customers
  9. I like a Kia myself, quite well built but lately have had a few with early rust and weak clutches. ....but the OE spares prices make my eyes water, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo expensive, they make Hyundai look like value.
  10. My Missus has a new (petrol)GTline S AWD. Cracking bit of kit indeed. Miles better than any German crap I've been in. Bit like Lucas- under estimate Kia and Hyundai at your peril. (I'm still happy in my old MK1 CRV though ;o) I was meaning the older previousshape cars around 2010. Spec seems to usually be very basic and pretty much always diesel.
  11. I had a Sportage recently and it was a really well put together, great value aswell. Kia has come a long way in recent times. Oh dear.... I have a black 64 plate diesel auto SE coming in on the chop... 49k FHSH £8000, thought that was cheap...
  12. Yesterday
  13. Price Guides

The vw link gives cap figures just with a different layout.
  14. I like the Sportage but I don’t understand the spec level, they sll seem to come with glass roof and nav, so hard to differentiate. A mate has just bought a brand spanker 19 plate - I have to say, it looks fantastic, has all the gadgets etc but whilst I would like to sell them, I struggle with the brand to own one - then again, I am a small man with an inferiority complex
  15. Business Recovery Cover

Thats cheap for trade cover.
  16. Business Recovery Cover

The AA is £15 a month for the two of us on personal cover, and includes a tow to our choice of destination. Unlimited callouts too. I think the speed just depends on how local the patrols are to you. I think they aim to be with you within 40 mins, which isn't bad. But I think if you are stranded in a live lane or somewhere dangerous, you are prioritised and they come out quicker. Touch wood, we haven't had to use them.
  17. Business Recovery Cover

How much does it cost with AA? And are they fast? I know rac and aa are piss slow as they use their own vehicles. Whereas green flag will send out a contractor which is by far quicker! On the new dumb motorways if you break down and you miss the lay by you will be screwed on a live lane by the time recovery come out and tow you
  18. New V5’s

Tax tax tax Am guessing
  19. Price Guides

I woundered if I opened a hpi account with another provider or someone if anyone offered cap prices without perhaps having to do a hpi check first
  20. Price Guides

I don’t care what anyone says, we all bearin mind some reference to CAP figures, especially when spotting last minute opportunities during a live auction. Given time, I base my valuation/max bid on AT’s suggested trade and compare with their suggested retail less my margin and costs.
  21. This plus often stipulated by the manufacturer themselves as terms of the franchise.
  22. Price Guides

I use the vw system and Autotrader for trade figures, the vw one is quite useful, I’ll attach a link below https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/used-cars/part-exchange
  23. Bee(stie)

The car sounds like a beast! I'm after an RS6 one of these days... That an the odd 2 stroke.
  24. Price Guides

PAYG HPI account. WBAC tend to be somewhere around cap below and cap avg.
  1. Load more activity