All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. haha that's a kick in the teeth adding an owner too!
  3. Today
  4. Casper

Mr

Its a 2014 Mercedes then .. i would always suggest to view cars like this prior to bidding .hope it works out ok ,
  5. Tony911

Mr

Good time to get the popcorn out
  6. D&M

Mr

Yes, I did. What are you not understanding exactly? - I've made the important bit bold for you. With reference to our terms and conditions, your attention is drawn to the fact that all lots are sold with faults and imperfections and errors of description and the goods are sold as seen; hence why you are required, under our terms and conditions, to inspect the vehicle prior to bidding on the same and to satisfy yourself, “prior to sale as to the origin, description, suitability, age, durability, completeness, operability, mileage, state and condition of each Lot and should exercise and rely on their own judgment as to whether the Lot accords with any description and/or suitability for the buyer's purpose”. What? Because I can read and understand Terms and Conditions? Sounds like you were hoping to wipe a rag over it and make a quick buck. Turns out you have a bit more work on your hands. You cocked up. Own it. Fix it. Sell It. Move on and learn from your mistakes. It happens, you're not going to get sympathy here for buying a wrong 'un. If you want a shoulder to cry on, try Mumsnet or CAG.
  7. Ford buyer - You seem to be coming across abit over heated (no pun intended ) cool down and look at the glass... some say half empty some say half full ... it’s life and auctions are auctions we have all bought from live auctions or online and sometimes the purchases aren’t always as they seem... it’s the chance we take and if they have thrown the book at you on the T’s and C’s and you claim you know the law then go on to court and sort it out no point complaining on here best of luck!
  8. met

Mr

It seems to be the thing at the moment for budding 'entrepreneurs' to buy a write off for 'tuppence' and fix it for 'tuppence' for a massive profit. Like the big boys do. As seen on youtube. Great until they buy a lemon, then they bitch and moan!
  9. Lol I was thinking the same, no intro no hi I’m new on the forum but yes to just straight up complaining
  10. The information on this vehicle, [now you have modified your post and added the vrn] is freely available on google, and a quick phone call before purchase would have easily established its past history re the cat n TOTAL LOSS marker, i cannot honestly see how you can accuse someone of not abiding with the The Business Protection from Misleading Marketing Regulations act 2008, when yourselves have not sorned or taxed the aforesaid vehicle and are yourselves not complying with the law ? MOT Expired: 30 August 2018 Tax due: 30 July 2019 stated purchased "june 2019"
  11. Hi , just got this advert appearing: Cadevot scratch remover £14.99 Is this any good?
  12. To be fair I doubt any members of his forum are regular customers of HBC but good luck with you car.
  13. MarkTVS

Mr

Not really much of a first post to introduce yourself is it?
  14. D&M

Mr

I did read your post. Whether it was intentional or not is nothing you can prove. They have specific terms you have quoted yourself to mitigate any errors. Perhaps you should have read the terms of the auction and adhered to them? We've got one in we bought on line. Turned up and the bastard clutch is slipping... If we were there is person would we have bought it? No. Are we crying about it? Nope. Took the change, some you win. Some you lose. This one, you took the chance TWICE and lost both times. Take your pill and suck it up.
  15. No they didnt press the wrong button, Read my Post in Full again, then you will grasp what HBC intentionally done. It would cost More than £3k to replace a 350D engine, you wouldnt even get a shit second hand engine for £3k, then labour to fit on top. What htye done was deliberate to pass it off a Stolen recovered when they New it was not, known it had a Damaged engine which they kept silent about. Under the (The Business Protection from Misleading Marketing Regulations 2008) it provides: Prohibition of advertising which misleads traders 3.—(1) Advertising which is misleading is prohibited. (2) Advertising is misleading which— (a) in any way, including its presentation, deceives or is likely to deceive the traders to whom it is addressed or whom it reaches; and by reason of its deceptive nature, is likely to affect their economic behaviour;
  16. D&M

Mr

Sounds like someone clicked the wrong button when listing it. (I assume?) You bought it..... Twice. I'd use the £3k you saved to repair/replace the engine and be happy. You've got a Cat N that only has reported engine damage. As a buyer, I'd be more happy knowing a car was written of and repaired due to engine damage than one thats been stolen recovered. Salvage companies always advise to view the car in person BEFORE bidding. One thing buying a straight car online unseen to a salvage.
  17. May I enquire if you are a regular buyer of these damaged repairable or ex stolen vehicles.
  18. Its not something I use but I guess a lot of buyers will pick them up in tesco etc and tell us all there px is worth x amount our cars are overpriced by x amount etc always remember guys at the auction laughing between Themselves when the sharp dressed want to be car dealer had the phone In one hand and parkers car price guide under there arm .it wasnt me honest . I'm not knocking them for using parkers but never take a book one in to an auction . Looks unprofessional ..
  19. Same here I had this last month on a focus 11 plate... for once I enjoyed opening the post lol kinder surprise kinda feeling
  20. Relying on Parker’s............maybe you are not quite ready to set up full time after all.
  21. HBC salvage are scammers. In June 2019 they had a 2016 Mercedes S350 LOt number (7227606) YG64 YGH listed as stolen recovered. The vehicle was won but enquires revealed that infact the car had never been stolen recovered and the yard in Sandtoft the Manager there said they got the imformation from hpi. Hpi confirmed this cannot of been so as they held No data from the police or insurers that it had been stolen recovered and infact it has Never since date of registration been noted as such to hpi. Under this auction the car sold for £18,100. Hbc refunded the deposit taken and within 24 hours they listed it again as stolen recovered. As a result of insistance with the company the vehicle was removed from auction and within minutes relisted now as accident damage and the stolen recovered note removed. It is to be noted that infact the ca body panels has No visible damage and no doubt this is why it was listed as stolen recovered. The car was now won as accident damage and the sum paid £15,600. When the transport driver went to collect the car it was ntoed the engine was noisy and further investigation revealed infact it had been in a Flood/Water which caused the engine conrods to bend. HBC failed to notify the auction listing that it had been in a Flood and further that the engine is noisy. The engine infact needs to be replaced and this is why the insureres deemed it a Cat (N) total loss. When contact was made with Hbc about what was found they simpley relied on there Ts & Cs in particular; With reference to our terms and conditions, your attention is drawn to the fact that all lots are sold with faults and imperfections and errors of description and the goods are sold as seen; hence why you are required, under our terms and conditions, to inspect the vehicle prior to bidding on the same and to satisfy yourself, “prior to sale as to the origin, description, suitability, age, durability, completeness, operability, mileage, state and condition of each Lot and should exercise and rely on their own judgment as to whether the Lot accords with any description and/or suitability for the buyer's purpose”. Our term and conditions make it clear that we are not responsible for errors of description or for the genuineness or authenticity of any Lot, no warranty is given by us or our servants or agents or by any seller to any buyer in respect of any Lot, and any express or implied or statutory conditions or warranties are excluded to the maximum extent permitted in law. We take the allegation of fraud seriously and given the baseless nature of the same, we put you on notice that should you continue with these unfounded and false allegations, we shall take necessary action against you to refrain you from making these allegations and shall seek our costs in doing so from you. Enquires with the insurance company whom delt with the claim advised that HBC were aware that the vehicle had been written off as a result of Flood/Water and that the MIAFTR register its noted of the damage type. Hbc are compelled to note the auction under the ABI code of practice the same, but did not. Hbc were prepaired to pass off this high valued vehicle as stolen recovered, then accidenat damage each time failing to advise infact its Flood/Water damage which has caused damage to the engine. This is Fraud by hbc seeking to hide behind its exclusion clauses, but such cluases are Not absolute in Law it is subject to the Unfair Contract Terms Act. HBC Really do take allegations of Fraud seriously, but in This instance it is Not an allegation its a Fact based upon what the insurers advised which is; Further to your email I can confirm that:- The vehicle was declared total Loss cat N Vehicle was declared Total loss due to damage throughFlood not Theft The data on MIAFTR does state that it has been damaged through Water Thanks for your email, yes HBC would have been advised that the vehicle was flood damaged when they collected it. These are the Email extracts from the insurers, so it Follows based on HBC lsiting of the vehicle ie Stolen Recovered was False on done Deliberate to acheive maximum gain at auction by Not advising it was Flood/Water and caused damage to the engine. It is further reasonable to say the same applies to when HBC further lsited it as accident damage again failing to advise flood/Water damage, although the incident leading up to the damage has been confirmed by the insurers it was an accident it none the less does not remove the fact it was a flood/water damage to the engine which caused damage to it and this was why the insurers settled the claim as it was cheaper to do this than replace the engine. Really out of order what HBC done but it goes to show they cannot be trusted, dishonest company.
  22. Happened to me once, literally the day after I’d paid £25 for a new V5.
  23. From my experience you can tax a car if the MOT is valid for the month you are taxing it into. So for example if you want to tax a car on the 1st of Sept. ,the MOT can expire on the 2nd of Sept and no issues.
  24. I source most stuff from auctions . As do my friends in the trade and associates as well as part exchange there is a few online auctions you can use but most you have to be ltd or vat registered . Did used to buy some from a main landrover dealer but the guy left who was our contact and think it all goes to dealer auction now .and also a Volkswagen dealer but it changed hands so it much harder to get into dealers now for part exchanges There is a hpi free car price guide online you can always use the we buy any car etc to give you an idea what you should be paying but expect to pay slightly more as most of there stuff goes to auction .. when buying to sell on use the Arnold Clark px price checker and expect to pay a bit more buying private most dealers will have the cap and glasses price guides well online apps now that they use But in your position this might might work what i suggested above when you register as a trader at the auctions with trade insurance etc the trade catalogue has guide prices on it Look out on gumtree there a lot of badly presented cars that come up well with a polish a new set of trims and number plates If your able put a full 12 months mot on everything as it reassures your buyers hope this helps .. oh and aim higher 10 percent is not a lot but keep at it
  1. Load more activity