metcars

MOT history check online

So, lady across the road has blown the H/G in her Corsa. It's been parked up outside her house for a couple of weeks. I ran the usual checks and its "uninsured", Tried to check the tax and it says "VEHICLE DETAILS COULD NOT BE FOUND", so I'm guessing its SORN'd. But the MOT history has disappeared and I get the message "No vehicle that matched the data you entered could be found". Am I doing something wrong?

Private plate change can cause this 

They also go missing if they haven't been on the road for a for few years too.

Before the change of DVLA software contract supplier there was a lot more information around on MOT's and tax liabilty. If you remember DVLA renewed the contract with a new supplier whom couldn't use the other companies software due to commercial restrictions. We had no means of checking for a while, that was around a year ago from memory?

I used to enjoy looking up some old cars from my youth to see when they had last been used but now it comes up with no information...but only on some...go figure.

In fact some the systems are still 'Beta' trial versions a year down the line.

I hope I am not hijacking this old thread but landed here when I was googling MOT history check online.

Link to below GOV website where you can check MOT history and its free

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

another website (link below) offers detail free car history check. I am not promoting but its genuinely free no credit cards or personal details asked

all the best to all used car buys out there

https://caranalytics.co.uk/

• Like 1

great findB)

and interestingly my old fizzie that got scrapped in 1980, has now reappeared on the road....hmm:huh:

I was/kind of still am interested in a vehicle that is throwing up odd results in valuation queries.  MOT history works fine, eurocarparts recognize the car but  not all motor factors . 'Cant identify car from registration ' Anyone think of a reason why? It's a Ford focus reg sj60gfk. 

It does that when the certificate of destruction is issued normally especially on the tax . Sometimes the mot history still works sometimes not ..

On 9/21/2018 at 11:26 PM, Marc said:

I was/kind of still am interested in a vehicle that is throwing up odd results in valuation queries.  MOT history works fine, eurocarparts recognize the car but  not all motor factors . 'Cant identify car from registration ' Anyone think of a reason why? It's a Ford focus reg sj60gfk. 

Ive seen this to phone one factor with the reg it doesn't come up on the computer phone another it comes up fine .

On 10/6/2016 at 9:55 AM, met said:

So, lady across the road has blown the H/G in her Corsa. It's been parked up outside her house for a couple of weeks. I ran the usual checks and its "uninsured", Tried to check the tax and it says "VEHICLE DETAILS COULD NOT BE FOUND", so I'm guessing its SORN'd. But the MOT history has disappeared and I get the message "No vehicle that matched the data you entered could be found". Am I doing something wrong?

Why did you check it !

11 hours ago, Row said:

Why did you check it !

because she wanted me to buy it?