Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mikey360

Is my insurance pricey?

6 posts in this topic

Hi all, new to the game and just starting out.

Just sorted out my trade insurance with the chaps from thinkinsurance, it cost £1877 (cars kept at premises, no engine restrictions, 5k max value, test drives covered & personal vehicle included)

Is that about right for a first timer? 

No, it sounds a small fortune to me but it’ll depend upon your age, driving convictions & postcode. However if you’re a 21 year old nutter with 15 points & live in a rough neighbourhood it’s a bloody bargain.

Anyhow, welcome.

42 minutes ago, BHM said:

No, it sounds a small fortune to me but it’ll depend upon your age, driving convictions & postcode. However if you’re a 21 year old nutter with 15 points & live in a rough neighbourhood it’s a bloody bargain.

Anyhow, welcome.

Thanks for the reply, I'm 26, clean licence, corby area. I think the main problem is I'm storing the cars at a separate residential address (basically my works address). I was quoted £1200 to keep them on my drive at home but there really isn't the space here. 

As recent start-up (restarter), I had to use my 4 years private no claims and I pay about £1400 upto £20k per unit unlimited stock - for my wife and I to drive on business and/or socially. I'm 44, 3 points (SP30) and live in a Worcestershire.

Mikey360 likes this

Just renewed mine. £920 for the same cover as you fully comp but cars kept at home (home trader). I’m 31 within a Birmingham postcode which unfortunately comes under the highest premiums in the country. Annoying thing is I don’t even live in Birmingham I’m in staffordshire but still comes within a B postcode area. 

Mikey360 likes this