friar

In the trade.

29 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Nick M.K. said:

But you CAN apply for a new V5 surely??? You fill in the V62, you pay the £25 and eventually a book will arrive. 

If you fill in the V62 with new keepers details and pay £25, they will receive the new V5 in their name. Or you can fill in the V62 in your name requesting a new V5. Once your customer or you have the new V5 (with a new keeper added) you can tax the car. The problem is waiting for the new V5 as it takes weeks (6-8) for DVLA to write to the old keeper and for the old keeper to respond. 

This is not the same as the old keeper requesting a replacement V5. A V62 requests a new V5 with a new keeper added.

I could never understand why it needs to be some complicated, why can't DVLA just take the money, afterall they don't care whom pays for the tax, daft as a brush.

to muddy the waters deeper

you buy car not in trade but apply for log book pay £25 its also good practice to v890 at the same time

why?

because if you dont once the log book arrives you need to sorn it,this makes taxing online impossible for up to a week if you sell it fairly fast,this means you either need to phone up the dvla to tax (never done this) or find a PO that can tax for you

and also if its in your name then apparently as its not in trade even though the log book is now registered to your trading name business you cannot do test drives on trade plates you are supposed to tax it

no wonder i voted brexit so things like this can be put right for future generations when we get our old laws eventually back (including hanging,did i say i might run as an MP

4 minutes ago, boring dave said:

to muddy the waters deeper

you buy car not in trade but apply for log book pay £25 its also good practice to v890 at the same time

why?

because if you dont once the log book arrives you need to sorn it,this makes taxing online impossible for up to a week if you sell it fairly fast,this means you either need to phone up the dvla to tax (never done this) or find a PO that can tax for you

and also if its in your name then apparently as its not in trade even though the log book is now registered to your trading name business you cannot do test drives on trade plates you are supposed to tax it

no wonder i voted brexit so things like this can be put right for future generations when we get our old laws eventually back (including hanging,did i say i might run as an MP

I don't think brexit will help with DVLA, I don't know any other country that operates a similar tax or V5 scheme as we do, FFS why would they want to?

Administration of the country vehicle fleet....it was one of the things that member states could f*ck up themselves.;)....in our case 'if it's broke, why change it'