Sign in to follow this  
Blenheim Car Sales

On Court Day......... what happenes

Recommended Posts

Just, to add. We also won a case a few month ago. Judge seemed like a sensible fella, and it would seem he was.

This was our first court case (been trading 15 years) and if I'm honest I didn't find it too bad. I certainly won't be afraid or taking it all the way again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok so we had our 3 hours in court and |Lost  as expected, but at least its over now, she was in small claims with a £9999 claim and judge awarded £2975

I learned a  lot from the process and how it all works, If it happened again i would defend myself as i can ask clever questions like my solicitor too

Question, While of course i am committed to pay this sum is there anything i can do to split it into monthly payments sofen the blow ??is this discretion of court or the  plaintiff ??

 

 

so nil deals for September and a £2975 hole in the bank account, VAT qtr in 14 days time, Christmas around the corner :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

Lost  as expected

£9999 claim and judge awarded £2975

Sounds like you won :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you get the car back? Maybe a few more details in the private room?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i dont have access to private room...................... your right i will be discreet but its over done finished and i was expecting more than the  amount awarded so in that respect :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont give us exact figures round it ie just shy of £3k

Was it for the repairs or compensation for plaintiff not having access to the car and travel costs?

And do they have to return the item?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

Question, While of course i am committed to pay this sum is there anything i can do to split it into monthly payments sofen the blow ??is this discretion of court or the  plaintiff ??

In a few days you’ll receive Form N24 confirming judgement with the payment due date (which will be 14 days from the date of the court hearing). 

After that the claimant is free to instigate whatever legal action they want and it will subsequently be added to your bill. If they have any sense they’ll take the High Court route & send in enforcers unannounced- it’ll take months but you’ll end up being raped.

A genuine piece of advice - instead of making a twat of yourself dragging it out, pay it & put it all behind you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BHM said:

In a few days you’ll receive Form N24 confirming judgement with the payment due date (which will be 14 days from the date of the court hearing). 

After that the claimant is free to instigate whatever legal action they want and it will subsequently be added to your bill. If they have any sense they’ll take the High Court route & send in enforcers unannounced- it’ll take months but you’ll end up being raped.

A genuine piece of advice - instead of making a twat of yourself dragging it out, pay it & put it all behind you.

Well said mate.

The tv bailiff shows do show a lot of car dealers...and cars do get clamped or removed... You might end up losing a few more cars to get the £3k plus additional costs :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

is there anything i can do to split it into monthly payments sofen the blow ??is this discretion of court or the  plaintiff ??

Yes, you can plead poverty and they'll allow you to pay circa £150pm 

*****BUT***** I Believe unless you pay within 30 days you will have a CCJ registered against you.

I know what I'd rather do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am now a member of the Private lounge lucky me, I wont be having bailiffs i will be  getting  things sorted, My cars are safe, I was taken to court on as a sole Trader my cars are in the ltd company name  but i wont be on call the sheriff's or cant pay wont pay

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

I am now a member of the Private lounge lucky me, I wont be having bailiffs i will be  getting  things sorted, My cars are safe, I was taken to court on as a sole Trader my cars are in the ltd company name  but i wont be on call the sheriff's or cant pay wont pay

We were looking forwards to seeing you on the Sheriff's program :lol:. I'm glad you got it sorted and she didn't get the ridiculous amount she claimed for, and now you can tick off being taken to court in your Motor Dealers eye spy book!! I lost my first and only case in court last week too, so I feel your pain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

 

Question, While of course i am committed to pay this sum is there anything i can do to split it into monthly payments sofen the blow ??is this discretion of court or the  plaintiff ??

 

 

 

application to vary a judgement = £50

form n245 available online

read = i cannot pay the judgement ex326 form, again, available online 

they would do it to you so do it to them, but do,nt hang about :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this