Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
David Horgan

Expecting retail money back OMG

34 posts in this topic

Had two calls today , yep TWO on same subject .

Hello I bought a car off you last year , One in Aug one in Oct 18 

Both want to sell me their cars back , not refund as no complaints , just want to sell their cars as one is planning to buy a house , one is moving to London .

Turns out that they want the full retail price back they paid for it :o

One was £9,495 bought in August last year on Finance  HIM " I had a 3k px and £6,495 on finance " so when I come do you pay the finance off and give ME the 3k or does the finance send the 3k to me :lol: OMG 

Me  "whats the point of me buying the car at what you bought for ? Him " its what you do isnt it , sell cars :lol: 

Had to explain the meaning of PROFIT :o

 

Half hour later I get another call " hello its Olly , Hello Olly how can I help ? Need to sell my car I bought last Oct cos I'm working in London from next week  , When can I bring it back ? me , How much you looking for then , er £3,995 cos that's what i paid you :lol:

 

Oh and to top it off , some pratt brought her car back for her headlight to be replaced on warranty , BUT WE didn't sell the car  to you did we , No she goes but the other place is shut , ME !!! that's because they are in Spain for two weeks :o So your not going to do it then she says , NO,  unless you pay us , I'll leave it then and storms out :rolleyes:

Must be mad peoples day out today , so after explaining the meaning of profit AGAIN twice and refusing warranty on someone else's car I'm going home , its windy raining and I'm hungry :lol:

Always tomorrow  

RJEauto likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

That is unbeliveable but very funny :lol:

Just to top it off Mark .

I'm JUST locking up and phone goes .

Hello my battery went flat last night and the KEY  code doesn't work so my CD player isnt working . :o

WELL TRY THE BLOODY RADIO CODE THEN :angry:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Just to top it off Mark .

I'm JUST locking up and phone goes .

Hello my battery went flat last night and the KEY  code doesn't work so my CD player isnt working . :o

WELL TRY THE BLOODY RADIO CODE THEN :angry:

 

This is the reason I use a VOIP system - at a certain time each day, calls automatically route to a voicemail saying "we are closed, leave a message and we will call you back upon reopening."

These people will buy a car from a main dealer and pay £30,40,50K+ and accept that they close at 5 or 6pm - us independents, they think they own us - which is why I no longer publish my mobile number - just a VOIP landline which gets routed to my mobile.  I also call out from my mobile via VOIP, so it appears as a landline number and I can be anywhere in the world but it looks like a proper business number.

Voicemail when I chose not to take calls.

Edited by Mark101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They don’t get the concept of depreciation or cost of sale either then...madness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JDM1983 said:

They don’t get the concept of depreciation or cost of sale either then...madness

Just wait till you get into the madness :o You will be writing a book like the rest of us :lol: 

The best comment I like is  " I know you need to earn a BIT on top " and they mean a bit too £50/£100 is their meaning of bit to earn , and that's the clever ones . 

Funny old world nowdays 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, David Horgan said:

Just wait till you get into the madness :o You will be writing a book like the rest of us :lol: 

The best comment I like is  " I know you need to earn a BIT on top " and they mean a bit too £50/£100 is their meaning of bit to earn , and that's the clever ones . 

Funny old world nowdays 

I had a mate who asked if I would sell his 66 plate Fiesta Eco Boost for him.  I said Eco Boost, no thanks.  He said, but you can keep anything you make over £10k for yourself :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

I had a mate who asked if I would sell his 66 plate Fiesta Eco Boost for him.  I said Eco Boost, no thanks.  He said, but you can keep anything you make over £10k for yourself :rolleyes:

How super generous of him :o wonder if he would shell out the warranty costs when it went BANG after you lost money on it :angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, David Horgan said:

How super generous of him :o wonder if he would shell out the warranty costs when it went BANG after you lost money on it :angry:

Exactly what I told him - oh, and he said there was no financial interest in the car - HPI said different.

He knows all about the overheating issue and I made a point of telling him, I wouldn't even give him £5k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must be one of them days.. 

I just had a call on a car I've just advertised yesterday for 8.5k and his first words were 'I know you've bought that off a private seller as I was going to buy it, you must have paid 7k so I'll give you 7.5k and you've got yourself a quick sale'

They think we work for free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hasn't got Finance interest :ph34r: 

I never buy off friends or relatives or sell to them either .

NEVER 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People are just becoming more and more stupid.Every day you seem to hear and see things which are just stupid.Is it technology that is causing this,they appear to run their life based on social media influencers.We had someone last week requesting a PCP deal because their friend had one.They could not grasp the difference between renting and owning a car.

David Horgan and DHill like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DHill said:

Must be one of them days.. 

I just had a call on a car I've just advertised yesterday for 8.5k and his first words were 'I know you've bought that off a private seller as I was going to buy it, you must have paid 7k so I'll give you 7.5k and you've got yourself a quick sale'

They think we work for free.

Oh My God they are all out today :o

Your so greedy wanting to earn a living and not taking the nice mans offer , He wanted you to take the risk , warrant the car , clean and inspect it , MOT it Service it , and present it for sale for £50 profit , wasn't he generous , and you would have had a quick 50 quid too , :D

DHill likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David Horgan said:

Had two calls today , yep TWO on same subject .

Hello I bought a car off you last year , One in Aug one in Oct 18 

Both want to sell me their cars back , not refund as no complaints , just want to sell their cars as one is planning to buy a house , one is moving to London .

Turns out that they want the full retail price back they paid for it :o

One was £9,495 bought in August last year on Finance  HIM " I had a 3k px and £6,495 on finance " so when I come do you pay the finance off and give ME the 3k or does the finance send the 3k to me :lol: OMG 

Me  "whats the point of me buying the car at what you bought for ? Him " its what you do isnt it , sell cars :lol: 

Had to explain the meaning of PROFIT :o

 

Half hour later I get another call " hello its Olly , Hello Olly how can I help ? Need to sell my car I bought last Oct cos I'm working in London from next week  , When can I bring it back ? me , How much you looking for then , er £3,995 cos that's what i paid you :lol:

 

Oh and to top it off , some pratt brought her car back for her headlight to be replaced on warranty , BUT WE didn't sell the car  to you did we , No she goes but the other place is shut , ME !!! that's because they are in Spain for two weeks :o So your not going to do it then she says , NO,  unless you pay us , I'll leave it then and storms out :rolleyes:

Must be mad peoples day out today , so after explaining the meaning of profit AGAIN twice and refusing warranty on someone else's car I'm going home , its windy raining and I'm hungry :lol:

Always tomorrow  

Wow. I’ve heard some crazy talk but....this is premier league stupid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a call off someone who just said - I would like to come and test drive your Audi TTS.  

I said we only do test drives after we have agreed a sale and a deposit paid.  He said that’s fine, can I have my deposit back after the test drive.  I said no (I could tell he was a young test pilot on a jolly).

So glad I have learned to suss people after having my fair share of messers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saturday teatime & the phone starts. As is the norm at this time of day they all want to meander down “Sometime tomorrow, for a look”. “Sorry, I’m closed”, which is another way of saying NO FUCKING CHANCE!!

My blood pressure dealing with Sunday tyrekickers would be through the roof - we’ll see how keen they are to visit on the other 6 days of the week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must be the day for it. 

I even had a close friend kindly offer me £50 'commission' to take a day out and buy him a banger

David Horgan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a phone call yesterday, hi I was going to come and see your 107 but it’s raining, I replied yes madam it is but the car is under cover to which she replied that’s still no good I will get wet at some point. 

I agreed and advised she stay tucked up until summer and she hung up how rude. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, twerp said:

Must be the day for it. 

I even had a close friend kindly offer me £50 'commission' to take a day out and buy him a banger

Really wow !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Hasn't got Finance interest :ph34r: 

I never buy off friends or relatives or sell to them either .

NEVER 

 

Best way I don't entertain family and friends 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Tony911 said:

Best way I don't entertain family and friends 

i have in the past and it ended badly real badly

if you are new to this job learn,never take 12 pieces from family it will end with no supper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, David Horgan said:

 

I never buy off friends or relatives or sell to them either .

NEVER 

 

this x100!:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tradex said:

this x100!:D

Yep, I think we've all been their done that and got the T Shirt, gave that lark up when I was in my early 20's ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Friends and Family - You almost have to charge them more than anyone else let alone do mates rates. Never hear the end of it and they are never grateful. 

Had a few of these lately who bought from places within the last few months/ weeks ( this always makes me suspicious) and they don't mind losing a few hundred quid. 

If you make that much of a mistake on the second biggest purchase you are likely to make in life its probably going to cost a little ,more than that.

Edited by Rory RSC
twerp likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0