A & S

Auto Raperrrr

Recommended Posts

Has anyone else had an email about a price increase? 

About 15%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying AT for a few months, can't see the fuss at the moment. eBay is outperforming it on the sub £4k stuff we sell. AT's answer.... YOU'RE TOO EXPENSIVE. Well clearly not since eBay is shifting it.

Maybe we don't sell them for dirt money but ours are properly prepped. But that counts for nothing clearly. I'll make a thread in a few months with my findings.

As for a price increase... it's expensive enough!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, A & S said:

Has anyone else had an email about a price increase? 

About 15%

No. Surely this can't be right

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

AT's answer.... YOU'RE TOO EXPENSIVE. Well clearly not since eBay is shifting it.

That's what they told me when I shut my contract down - currently having my best month for 6 months already (2 today, 2 yesterday and enquiries coming out of my ears).

You're too expensive - yes I am, reassuringly so.

Edited by Mark101
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sparky said:

No. Surely this can't be right

 

Deja vu this is spooky it’s Almost as if it’s the same time every year and the same thing happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s quite simple, if it doesn’t work for you leave, I’m pretty sure if I had a strong monopoly I’d squeeze my customers till they popped, if you disagree then you’re not a businessman 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rory RSC said:

Deja vu this is spooky it’s Almost as if it’s the same time every year and the same thing happens. 

We need to start talking about this more. Get it out in the open. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mark101 said:

That's what they told me when I shut my contract down - currently having my best month for 6 months already (2 today, 2 yesterday and enquiries coming out of my ears).

You're too expensive - yes I am, reassuringly so.

What was the straw that made you stop using AT ? Who are you advertising with now ? I would love to lose that AT bill....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

What was the straw that made you stop using AT ? Who are you advertising with now ? I would love to lose that AT bill....

You’re with CD5 as well Simon, so.

I moved to their top package which has much better SEO 12 months < 1 month AT

For £25 month, feeds all stock automatically to FB market place

EMP £333 for 10 + 3 (better deal offered if signed for 12 months but this is a 3 Month trial)

I have the remainder of my Shpock deal and obviously Gumtree (neither of which I want)

and AT is still live until Saturday (the end of my 30 day period).

Without doubt, lumpier, miley stock (flash for little cash) sells well on EBay - video integrates now, very good deal IMO.

I hate the new portal, I hate being told, “It’s not a race to the bottom but you need to reduce prices and aim at £600 unit to be successful.” 

Most of all though (I have had a good few quiet months) and that £1,000 + VAT bill for 5+2 cars still keeps coming.

And, I just know this latest HPI bollocks has more to it than they are saying. You’ll be forced into it or lose any dominance.

I went on the premium package (hence the cost) and when I mentioned it to the rep, I had one of two choices - reduce prices (and was told my level of prep and warranty isn’t sustainable) or add even more bells and whistles (yes, more than the top package).

Feels like finally getting away from a bad relationship - huge relief knowing the monster isn’t coming into my bank again.

Caveat, if I do come back to AT it will be a basic 11+2 package only.

Edited by Mark101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I tried the premium package and had the worst month in sales for many years. Complete waste of money.

I had words with my rep yesterday after cancelling vehicle check, it’s just another way to interfere / meddle in our business, plus then have the cheek to charge us for it. 

I’m fed up with being patronised and told how I should run my own business. 

Edited by Arfur Dealy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sparky said:

No. Surely this can't be right

 

Has the queen mum died? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I tried the premium package and had the worst month in sales for many years. Complete waste of money.

I had words with my rep yesterday after cancelling vehicle check, it’s just another way to interfere / meddle in our business, plus then have the cheek to charge us for it. 

I’m fed up with being patronised and told how I should run my own business. 

Are you thinking of cancelling AT? Or just cutting it back a bit?

I ask because I’m surprised in a way. I thought it would shift the majority of your stock and you’d be a pretty vocal supporter.

I just think they’re making a rod for their own back with all this price indicator stuff. The reality is they’re driving their customers towards worse cars. My observation aswell has been the customers calling from AT on my stock have been really awkward know it alls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mojo121 said:

Are you thinking of cancelling AT? Or just cutting it back a bit?

I ask because I’m surprised in a way. I thought it would shift the majority of your stock and you’d be a pretty vocal supporter.

I just think they’re making a rod for their own back with all this price indicator stuff. The reality is they’re driving their customers towards worse cars. My observation aswell has been the customers calling from AT on my stock have been really awkward know it alls.

Mojo, I have no intent on cancelling or changing my package, AT works very well for me, I just don't like the way they operate sometimes and I would love to lose their bill....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.