Sign in to follow this  
GentlemanJames

“Sold?! But what did it sell for?!”

Recommended Posts

Sent a text out of courtesy to let Mr Prospect know

Mr Prospect Rings again last night and today.

“Yes Mr Prospect that BMW at £6995 you were trying all day to get a discount on over the phone has been sold to Mr Customer last night”

“Sold?! But what did it sell for?!”

I did of course sell for £6995, but I couldn’t help telling him I did a deal at £5400 

Why do do they ask what it sold for?! Like they have some sort of right to know?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GentlemanJames said:

Sent a text out of courtesy to let Mr Prospect know

Mr Prospect Rings again last night and today.

“Yes Mr Prospect that BMW at £6995 you were trying all day to get a discount on over the phone has been sold to Mr Customer last night”

“Sold?! But what did it sell for?!”

I did of course sell for £6995, but I couldn’t help telling him I did a deal at £5400 

Why do do they ask what it sold for?! Like they have some sort of right to know?!

Its a question only ever asked by someone that would have never paid asking price. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“None of your business but I don’t discount anyway”. This is usually met with huffing & puffing as I put the phone down.

The email enquiries are ignored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love those sorts :lol: 

How long you had it ?          Longer than you 

How much did you pay for it ?  little as possible 

How much will you take ?  Let me read the advert 

Whats your lowest price for cash ? Why should I lower my standard of living to improve yours ? 

I have sold my px so I'm a cash buyer . You will be needing a car quick then so you had better make me an offer above screen price , 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

I love those sorts :lol: 

How long you had it ?          Longer than you 

How much did you pay for it ?  little as possible 

How much will you take ?  Let me read the advert 

Whats your lowest price for cash ? Why should I lower my standard of living to improve yours ? 

I have sold my px so I'm a cash buyer . You will be needing a car quick then so you had better make me an offer above screen price , 

 

Spot on... :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always say that the car sold after HUGE interest for the full asking price which in hindsight probably was too low. 

If we get something similar in the next couple of weeks we’ll give you a call but it was a rare find and it will be a matter of great luck. 

Then the next dealer that gets their call can make the easiest sale ever... professional courtesy of sorts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2019 at 1:00 PM, Nick M.K. said:

I always say that the car sold after HUGE interest for the full asking price which in hindsight probably was too low. 

If we get something similar in the next couple of weeks we’ll give you a call but it was a rare find and it will be a matter of great luck. 

Then the next dealer that gets their call can make the easiest sale ever... professional courtesy of sorts. 

Your professional courtesy is appreciated! I love a customer telling me about the car they just missed out on, they know not to mess around on mine then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MattR said:

Your professional courtesy is appreciated! I love a customer telling me about the car they just missed out on, they know not to mess around on mine then

The trouble is greedy messers are greedy messers, it’s in their genes. They say they’ve missed out on other cars yet fuck about & miss out again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this