Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tradex

how's that for inflation Ebay classifieds, nearly 40%!

21 posts in this topic

Was paying £15.64 per 28 day listing. Just renewed a listing and bang, now gone up to £21.59!

....percentage wise that's what, around shade under 40% by my quick and dirty maths?

Incredible:o

Yep gumtree was the same as soon as everyone jumps on board hey presto prices rocket. 

And people complain about auto trader 

I rember the days when it was £125 for eBay motors pro on a twenty car package and auto trader was a approx £5 per car a week

them were the days

4 hours ago, Lazz said:

I rember the days when it was £125 for eBay motors pro on a twenty car package and auto trader was a approx £5 per car a week

them were the days

Same here:D

On 21/04/2019 at 1:58 PM, Grantlfc81 said:

How many cars do you have 

Only around 5 to 8 nowadays, and sometimes I can 'go green' with an ad' too :ph34r:

Just looking and I have 12 out there, how did that happen....I came up here to retire, you know the odd one of two:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, tradex said:

Only around 5 to 8 nowadays, and sometimes I can 'go green' with an ad' too :ph34r:

Just looking and I have 12 out there, how did that happen....I came up here to retire, you know the odd one of two:rolleyes:

Not all CRV's are they :lol:

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

Not all CRV's are they :lol:

:lol:CRV's have had their day here sir, like many cars, you fly with them for years, then seemingly overnight, the switch goes off. C1's are going off the boil too, they've been too expensive for too long. 

9 hours ago, tradex said:

:lol:CRV's have had their day here sir, like many cars, you fly with them for years, then seemingly overnight, the switch goes off. C1's are going off the boil too, they've been too expensive for too long. 

I couldnt agree more there old news now but still bringing more money in the block than i have them for sale for. 

Good riddance i say they where a bag of bolts held together with glue and quite possibly the worst car i have ever driven.

David Horgan likes this

3 hours ago, justina3 said:

I couldnt agree more there old news now but still bringing more money in the block than i have them for sale for. 

Good riddance i say they where a bag of bolts held together with glue and quite possibly the worst car i have ever driven.

have to disagree the crv's are quite well built in my opinion:lol:

13 hours ago, tradex said:

Yes, the switch flicked at the beginning of the year - if you look at the prices of them there are some VERY cheap cars on the pitches so I’d guess many have been sat around for ages.

Done well with them on & off for a decade but then all of a sudden......nothing. I’ve just sold the Mrs’s & have one mega-mileage heap of shit left that’s showing me about a £50 profit & I still can’t get rid.

In theory this should mean I can pick up another petrol auto CRV for ‘er indoors on the cheap :rolleyes:

Same here with CRV’s. Couldn’t get enough Exec Autos ever.  It’s a shame but they all have their day and eventually the wave just crashes. 

(I remember same with Espaces, 306’s, Micra etc.  Good old days ;o)

MK 2 CRVs aren’t too bad still for nice ones (when you can find them). I think MK 3 will be good news when they’re up for 44/4995 and below. 

Kia Sportage are good news now here, but only good spec ones - and most don’t seem to be. 

9 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

Kia Sportage are good news now here, but only good spec ones - and most don’t seem to be. 

I like the Sportage but I don’t understand the spec level, they sll seem to come with glass roof and nav, so hard to differentiate.

A mate has just bought a brand spanker 19 plate - I have to say, it looks fantastic, has all the gadgets etc but whilst I would like to sell them, I struggle with the brand to own one - then again, I am a small man with an inferiority complex :lol:

7 hours ago, Mark101 said:

I struggle with the brand to own one

Motability fodder.

7 hours ago, Mark101 said:

I like the Sportage but I don’t understand the spec level, they sll seem to come with glass roof and nav, so hard to differentiate.

A mate has just bought a brand spanker 19 plate - I have to say, it looks fantastic, has all the gadgets etc but whilst I would like to sell them, I struggle with the brand to own one - then again, I am a small man with an inferiority complex :lol:

I had a Sportage recently and it was a really well put together, great value aswell. Kia has come a long way in recent times. 

On 22/04/2019 at 10:38 PM, tradex said:

Oh dear.... I have a black 64 plate diesel auto SE coming in on the chop... 49k FHSH £8000, thought that was cheap...

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Oh dear.... I have a black 64 plate diesel auto SE coming in on the chop... 49k FHSH £8000, thought that was cheap...

It is, £10,990 at a guess

9 hours ago, Mark101 said:

My Missus has a new (petrol) GTline S AWD. Cracking bit of kit indeed. Miles better than any German crap I've been in. Bit like Lucas- under estimate Kia and Hyundai at your peril.  (I'm still happy in my old MK1 CRV though ;o)

I was meaning the older previous shape cars around 2010. Spec seems to usually be very basic and pretty much always diesel.

I like a Kia myself, quite well built but lately have had a few with early rust and weak clutches.

....but the OE spares prices make my eyes water, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo expensive, they make Hyundai look like value.

I tend to only buy autos where possible (and petrol) on all makes if I can.  Parts are a bit pricey but you rarely need much apart from the usual consumables. 

Guys, can we close this thread now please. I dont like advertising the fact that the Korean cars are our favourites.

Soon we will have everyone putting their hands up in the auction for them!