Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Frankieola

Auction fees

18 posts in this topic

Which of the big 3 auctions, BCA, Manheim or Aston Barclay have the most reasonable buyers fees in you guys opinion? 

I've got all 3 the same sort of distance away, BCA looks the most expensive followed by Manheim and then Aston Barclay but is this still the case when they add on all the extras such as the online fees and sure check and the like? 

I've also seen that Manheim want £70 +vat just to set up an account, is this the norm or have people got round it? 

Many thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Frankieola said:

Which of the big 3 auctions, BCA, Manheim or Aston Barclay have the most reasonable buyers fees in you guys opinion? 

I think the importance should be on who has the most quality stock and what location gives the greatest opportunity to buy stock CHEAPLY even if you have to pay them a few quid more for their buyers fees. 

All I can add is that I remember BCA Gold fee of around £80 for a £3500 car which right now will be £250 ish. Not a huge difference between Gold and Platinum at the moment.

Edited by Nick M.K.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Frankieola said:

Which of the big 3 auctions, BCA, Manheim or Aston Barclay have the most reasonable buyers fees in you guys opinion? 

I've got all 3 the same sort of distance away, BCA looks the most expensive followed by Manheim and then Aston Barclay but is this still the case when they add on all the extras such as the online fees and sure check and the like? 

I've also seen that Manheim want £70 +vat just to set up an account, is this the norm or have people got round it? 

Many thanks 

Aston Barclay are the cheaper , because you don't have to start at the bottom of the buyers pile , same fees for all buyers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also logistics plays a big part for me Movex come to my neck of the wood from manhiem weekly so delivery costs are far cheaper than bca offer, and speed of delivery is far better.

Our local ford dealer have a lane weekly at manhiem which when selling a car knowing where is comes from makes a big difference to the punter.

as always lots of things to consider not just one bottom line figure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

i always find it strange that when another trader asks what you paid for something we all say the hammer price

14 minutes ago, justina3 said:

Also logistics plays a big part for me Movex come to my neck of the wood from manhiem weekly so delivery costs are far cheaper than bca offer, and speed of delivery is far better.

Our local ford dealer have a lane weekly at manhiem which when selling a car knowing where is comes from makes a big difference to the punter.

as always lots of things to consider not just one bottom line figure. 

shoshigers:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Aston Barclay are the cheaper , because you don't have to start at the bottom of the buyers pile , same fees for all buyers 

Problem here is same buyers for all cars - ie a lot of public.

It makes a lot of cars too expensive for me to make worthwhile, as it's not possible to get to the standard I want them to be prepped to.

Edited by premi-motor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David Horgan said:

Aston Barclay are the cheaper , because you don't have to start at the bottom of the buyers pile , same fees for all buyers 

cheaper fees but their locations are always a little isolated and tend to sell cars at higher prices in my experience

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Frankie

You are very fortunate.There are no cheap buyers fees anymore.But it doesn’t matter because most stuff is under booked these days anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Find bca to charge the most but 99% of there cars come fully valeted unlike others

Edited by Tony911

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/05/2019 at 3:16 PM, Tony911 said:

Find bca to charge the most but 99% of there cars come fully valeted unlike others

Do they?? I didnt notice that 

Am i the only one thinking BCA might be breaking some little law somewhere when they increase fees and dont tell anyone? Dont you have to notify customers when you increase Charges ie broadband packages etc

Yes its not an on going payment but only when you buy but they dont display fees publicly so fools like me can keep an eye on them...

Mojo121 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/05/2019 at 1:17 PM, trade vet said:

Hi Frankie

You are very fortunate.There are no cheap buyers fees anymore.But it doesn’t matter because most stuff is under booked these days anyway.

I dont go to many of the big boy auctions any more. Is stuff actually behind book at the moment?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, lastyboy said:

I dont go to many of the big boy auctions any more. Is stuff actually behind book at the moment?

What I mean by under booked is that Cap Clean valuations are often wrong and don’t reflect the market.Most proper stuff is well into book.

met likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, trade vet said:

What I mean by under booked is that Cap Clean valuations are often wrong and don’t reflect the market.Most proper stuff is well into book.

Spot on. Shame CDM couldn't ask CAP some questions? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TangoVictor32 said:

 

Am i the only one thinking BCA might be breaking some little law somewhere when they increase fees and dont tell anyone? Dont you have to notify customers when you increase Charges ie broadband packages etc

 

You definitely aren't the only one thinking that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

You definitely aren't the only one thinking that...

Trade to Trade = Do whatever you like...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Am i the only one thinking BCA might be breaking some little law somewhere when they increase fees and dont tell anyone? Dont you have to notify customers when you increase Charges ie broadband packages etc

Yes its not an on going payment but only when you buy but they dont display fees publicly so fools like me can keep an eye on them...

BCA do post the charges , but only the private buyers fees , only ever have done , Silver /Gold /Platinum & Black have never been displayed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, David Horgan said:

BCA do post the charges , but only the private buyers fees , only ever have done , Silver /Gold /Platinum & Black have never been displayed 

I don't know why bca make such a big secret about it, Manheim have all the trade buyer fees readily available? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, David Horgan said:

BCA do post the charges , but only the private buyers fees , only ever have done , Silver /Gold /Platinum & Black have never been displayed 

Exactly my point. 95% of customers aren't joe public. 

And whether you're a trader or joe public you're still a customer..  And should be able to see fees.

 

Yet when you ask the clerks they say it's management orders to not display but you can ask us what the fees are and we can tell you...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0