Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bagheera

Hyundai - your experience.

18 posts in this topic

I have my first two cars lined up for purchase, both private sellers.  One is a mini, the other a hyundai i10.  I know the former is very popular but is the hyundai i10 a car that sells well?

How do you guys know if a car does well, is it just experience? Is there anywhere online that will give you that sort of information?

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No experience with i10s, but i20s have been popular for us, and never had any mechanical problems with them. Granted, the ones we had all had low mileages. But they're generally cheap to run, and buyers seem to like them.

Bagheera likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, tradegirl said:

No experience with i10s, but i20s have been popular for us, and never had any mechanical problems with them. Granted, the ones we had all had low mileages. But they're generally cheap to run, and buyers seem to like them.

Thanks for the reply, really helpful!  I know some of it will be trial and error but I like to get as much info as possible before taking the plunge. Been to see the Mini, think I'll get it at the right price and apart from a dent and a scrape in the bumper it's tip top.  Taking a look at the i10 over the weekend so could have two cars by next week......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Congratulations you might have 2 cars next week:ph34r:

Edited by Tony911

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would rather have two i10s over the mini any day. 

Stats imo count for nothing last ones I seen had the Corsa in the top 3 second hand best selling cars, I would wager it would be in the top three most refunded car also. 

Screenman and Bagheera like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, justina3 said:

I would rather have two i10s over the mini any day. 

Stats imo count for nothing last ones I seen had the Corsa in the top 3 second hand best selling cars, I would wager it would be in the top three most refunded car also. 

I've heard mini's are very unreliable, its just this one is very low mileage, with a full mini history so worth a shot I think. Thanks for replying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bagheera said:

I've heard mini's are very unreliable, its just this one is very low mileage, with a full mini history so worth a shot I think. Thanks for replying.

Depends on the model the psa french pile of doss was rubbish when brand new for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bagheera said:

I've heard mini's are very unreliable, its just this one is very low mileage, with a full mini history so worth a shot I think. Thanks for replying.

Whats the Mini  Age Miles spec etc... can give you a steer.

ta

 

Bagheera likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Mat C said:

Whats the Mini  Age Miles spec etc... can give you a steer. 

ta

 

Steer  ing pump ho ho ho done one or two of them in my time mostly down to fools using the wrong fluid in them.

Bagheera likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, justina3 said:

Steer  ing pump ho ho ho done one or two of them in my time mostly down to fools using the wrong fluid in them.

I avoid the early ones so thankfully don't have this issue....... but have several others!!

Bagheera likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 21/05/2019 at 0:40 AM, justina3 said:

Stats imo count for nothing last ones I seen had the Corsa in the top 3 second hand best selling cars, I would wager it would be in the top three most refunded car also. 

:lol::lol::lol:

On 21/05/2019 at 0:40 AM, justina3 said:

I would rather have two i10s over the mini any day.

I wouldn’t want either. One is peasant motoring, Korean style, & the other attracts greedy peasantry wanting what they consider to be a bit of flash. I’d take a pair of Focus estates over these two horrors any day of the week.

Edited by BHM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is thread going to be as long as Benji's "I nearly possibly maybe might of could of bought an Astra?"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like an i10 (not that I actually like anything). Sold plenty, good build quality and can’t remember any issues ever. Have pretty much all been autos though, as we’re in old people-ville  

However, I was in a new one the other day, and I’m not so sure it’s as good and felt a bit cheaper. Same with the i20’s. Might just be me and my aversion to change. 

Bagheera likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, NOACROSS said:

I like an i10 (not that I actually like anything). Sold plenty, good build quality and can’t remember any issues ever. Have pretty much all been autos though, as we’re in old people-ville  

However, I was in a new one the other day, and I’m not so sure it’s as good and felt a bit cheaper. Same with the i20’s. Might just be me and my aversion to change. 

From my research, there was an instrument cluster fault on the early 2011 face lift models and a few were changed under warranty but haven't read about anything else :) This one's a 2011 manual. 

1 hour ago, David Ayers said:

Is thread going to be as long as Benji's "I nearly possibly maybe might of could of bought an Astra?"

 

Might well be, especially if you keep adding to it with unrelated comments :rolleyes: What's the length to beat?

Edited by Bagheera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tony911 said:

Have you bought any stock yet?

Yes, I've bought the mini.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

theres a bum for every seat. i10 sells (in my experience) to people who dont care about cars. cheap to run is all theyre bothered about. Minis? Each to their own....

Bagheera likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0