Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
C B

Buyers beware.....

32 posts in this topic

Last week I won a silver S Max on DA. 

Sent my driver on a 2.5hr journey to collect it yesterday and the pan roof blind is absolutely fucked. 

They've re listed it without images or mention of said fucked blind. 

Just a quick heads up so no one wastes time and money like I did. 

Reg KT10 XSU

Great sellers, very popular, don't miss this one, 7 seater, Drives and looks nice, Please view photos for condition and service history

What a terrible appraisal ^

50 minutes ago, C B said:

Last week I won a silver S Max on DA. 

Sent my driver on a 2.5hr journey to collect it yesterday and the pan roof blind is absolutely fucked. 

They've re listed it without images or mention of said fucked blind. 

Just a quick heads up so no one wastes time and money like I did. 

Reg KT10 XSU

Very common on these we have seen a few with the exact same thing. never the less terrible they didn't mention it

i think we should have a hall of shame in the private area and just keeping adding the bad vendors likewise one for the good vendors?

13 minutes ago, Lazz said:

i think we should have a hall of shame in the private area and just keeping adding the bad vendors likewise one for the good vendors?

I've said this for a long time. Ratings system should be in place. I stopped using DA some time ago, fed up of deceitful vendors who have cottoned on to the fact that most buyers send Movex drivers to collect vehicles and have to use them for their onward journeys. Try calling them the next day to complain about the undeclared faults and problems and they simply say they are not liable once a vehicle has left their premises. 

I use them now for two accounts only which are local to me other than that i have zero intention of buying from them anymore. 

5 hours ago, Lazz said:

there isB)

4 hours ago, JA Trader said:

Very common on these we have seen a few with the exact same thing. never the less terrible they didn't mention it

Yeah I've had a lot of S Max and very luckily only ever had one with, as you say, this very common issue. I was unable to find a second hand unit to a fix to the problem other than a four figure sum for a new one from Ford. 

They're proper snidy cunts not mentioning it when re listing it. The only reason I've mentioned it on here is some poor fucker will bid, win it, pay online and get it delivered and then be told to fuck off when they ring up about it. 

11 hours ago, C B said:

Yeah I've had a lot of S Max and very luckily only ever had one with, as you say, this very common issue. I was unable to find a second hand unit to a fix to the problem other than a four figure sum for a new one from Ford. 

They're proper snidy cunts not mentioning it when re listing it. The only reason I've mentioned it on here is some poor fucker will bid, win it, pay online and get it delivered and then be told to fuck off when they ring up about it. 

CB fyi it is a pig to fix but  you can fix them for peanuts mate. Just means full roof lining off.  Any normal guy half a day max. Our old mechanic a day. 

Posted (edited)

On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 2:40 PM, Lazz said:

In the Public Forum more like, too many getting away with selling shit and no recourse.

Bought an a4 last week, photos showed a spare in the boot and appraisal showed one ding on NS door. Arrived with no spare wheel, wheel lock key nowhere to be found and 2 bad scuffs on rear bumper.

There needs to be a review section added urgently to that site

Edited by Scooby who

New one from yesterday. 

Audi R8. Bid and won reserve met. 

There was a mileage discrepancy on HPI so I asked them to send me images of all the paperwork prior to me arranging collection. 

All was ok mileage wise and the paperwork was very extensive and looked fantastic. 

My driver gets there yesterday. I ask him to send me pictures of everything again as there was 1 service record missing from what they sent to what was in the DA listing. The service invoice record they didn't send me listed...... 

Gearbox previously removed with several gearbox bolts snapped and/or missing. Fitted new bolts where possible. 

Oil leak from gearbox

Oil leak from engine

And a load of other electrical faults. 

My driver looked under the car to see oil literally dripping from underneath. 

Yesterday cost me in the region of £300.00 in wages, taxis and train tickets. 

CUNTS

11 minutes ago, C B said:

New one from yesterday. 

There was a mileage discrepancy on HPI so I asked them to send me images of all the paperwork prior to me arranging collection. 

All was ok mileage wise and the paperwork was very extensive and looked fantastic. 

My driver gets there yesterday. I ask him to send me pictures of everything again as there was 1 service record missing from what they sent to what was in the DA listing. The service invoice record they didn't send me listed...... 

Gearbox previously removed with several gearbox bolts snapped and/or missing. Fitted new bolts where possible. 

Oil leak from gearbox

Oil leak from engine

CUNTS

its a dam good job you were on the ball

1 hour ago, C B said:

New one from yesterday. 

Oil leak from gearbox

Oil leak from engine

CUNTS

By the sounds of that car the £300 was a lucky break. Still an absolute joke they think they can get away with this stuff.

8 hours ago, C B said:

New one from yesterday. 

Oil leak from gearbox

Oil leak from engine

CUNTS

Feel free to name and shame.

On 28/06/2019 at 0:05 PM, JA Trader said:

By the sounds of that car the £300 was a lucky break. Still an absolute joke they think they can get away with this stuff.

And even if CB brought this to DA’s attention I can assure you they would do absolutely zilch about it. DA take the “It’s your word against theirs” stance but in reality have no intention whatsoever of upsetting vendors, even the unscrupulous ones.

I had a look on DA about a fortnight ago. The number of half-arsed pisspoor cosmetic descriptions, lacking any mechanical comments but accompanied by paragraphs of disclaimers is an insight into the professional standards of some of the shysters operating on there. I do not miss DA one bit & my recon costs have slumped now I do my own appraisals at the block.

JA Trader and Dealer like this

I noticed one vendor now charges a £60 “traders fee” on top of the sale price. Understandable as they are doing us such an incredible favour in letting us buy their part exchanges! 

On 28/06/2019 at 11:01 AM, C B said:

New one from yesterday. 

Oil leak from gearbox

Oil leak from engine

CUNTS

FYI...... 

This has been relisted with no mention of the above faults. 

I've just emailed DA general manager including images of the paperwork and underneath the car. 

Be interesting to see what happens. 

16 minutes ago, C B said:

FYI...... 

This has been relisted with no mention of the above faults. 

I've just emailed DA general manager including images of the paperwork and underneath the car. 

Be interesting to see what happens. 

No offence but good luck with that. Management at DA don't give a toss unfortunately. I've been there years ago, bleating how a mondog with a flywheel hanging out of it was misdescribed then relisted........ Guess what came of it.............nothing! 

1 hour ago, BHM said:

And even if CB brought this to DA’s attention I can assure you they would do absolutely zilch about it. DA take the “It’s your word against theirs” stance but in reality have no intention whatsoever of upsetting vendors, even the unscrupulous ones.

I had a look on DA about a fortnight ago. The number of half-arsed pisspoor cosmetic descriptions, lacking any mechanical comments but accompanied by paragraphs of disclaimers is an insight into the professional standards of some of the shysters operating on there. I do not miss DA one bit & my recon costs have slumped now I do my own appraisals at the block.

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth! 

Just now, Dealer said:

No offence but good luck with that. Management at DA don't give a toss unfortunately. I've been there years ago, bleating how a mondog with a flywheel hanging out of it was misdescribed then relisted........ Guess what came of it.............nothing! 

This. 

I’ve tried a few times over the years, with seriously mis-described/broken cars and they honestly don’t give a toss. We are just two-a-penny. All they care about is the Main Dealers. 

Dealer likes this

the problem is its not so much the franchise but more who the sales manager is at the time, and as we know some of these managers are scum bags and move ship regularly, a change of seat often leads to a change of ethics at that franchise,

as for paying first then sending a third party driver,well that's asking for trouble and one of the main reasons they get away with selling problem cars.

if you have trusted DA dealers you buy from then great, if not then best these days to stick local regards DA pop in have a look pre bid.

52 minutes ago, awc1000 said:

as for paying first then sending a third party driver,well that's asking for trouble and one of the main reasons they get away with selling problem cars.

Bang on! For years they've cottoned onto the fact that a driver turns up to collect, needs to drop your car in order to collect his next job in your area therefore has no intention of walking from it if it's faulty or misdescribed etc. Then once it's delivered it's your problem and the vendor won't want to know as per their disclaimer. 

18 hours ago, James01 said:

I noticed one vendor now charges a £60 “traders fee” on top of the sale price. Understandable as they are doing us such an incredible favour in letting us buy their part exchanges! 

really? do DA know?