JA Trader

Cars That Stick.

Recommended Posts

My day has gone tits up. Another no show text them to find out they have bought something else. Not an issue but would of been nice to be told, could of been in the pub earlier.

Tomorrow morning Job fresh clean new photos and new listing.

Edited by JA Trader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:D:D:D ITS GONE :D:D:D

Took some new photos new listing.

Relisted at the most expensive price i have had it up for sale and it went yesterday no low balling no offers full amount paid and down the road.( It was half 8 at night mind but i am so happy to see the back of that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, JA Trader said:

:D:D:D ITS GONE :D:D:D

Took some new photos new listing.

Relisted at the most expensive price i have had it up for sale and it went yesterday no low balling no offers full amount paid and down the road.( It was half 8 at night mind but i am so happy to see the back of that one.

Good, pleased for you! I’m still stuck with mine, praying for a miracle :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JA Trader said:

:D:D:D ITS GONE :D:D:D

Took some new photos new listing.

Relisted at the most expensive price i have had it up for sale and it went yesterday no low balling no offers full amount paid and down the road.( It was half 8 at night mind but i am so happy to see the back of that one.

LIKE! Especially the price part!

Got a silver 2008 Fiesta 1.6 Ghia 76k. Had it since March. Started at 2500, had a couple of bites. It's now at 1695 and nothing. Even when I accepted "best price" they never showed. Sick of the damn thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, JDM1983 said:

Good, pleased for you! I’m still stuck with mine, praying for a miracle :blink:

Fingers crossed one will come along eventually.

Dare say i will be stuck with something else shortly. Always the way in this trade.

23 minutes ago, tradegirl said:

LIKE! Especially the price part!

Got a silver 2008 Fiesta 1.6 Ghia 76k. Had it since March. Started at 2500, had a couple of bites. It's now at 1695 and nothing. Even when I accepted "best price" they never showed. Sick of the damn thing.

I take it that's the mk6 i have only every sold a zetec s one of them and even that was hard going. Suppose people are aware the newer model on the fiesta is often only that little bit more expensive so will choose that direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JA Trader said:

Fingers crossed one will come along eventually.

Dare say i will be stuck with something else shortly. Always the way in this trade.

I take it that's the mk6 i have only every sold a zetec s one of them and even that was hard going. Suppose people are aware the newer model on the fiesta is often only that little bit more expensive so will choose that direction.

Yeah mk6. I know what you mean, but still...for a cheap runaround you'd think someone would want it. Might auction it off on eBay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JA Trader said:

:D:D:D ITS GONE :D:D:D

Took some new photos new listing.

Relisted at the most expensive price i have had it up for sale and it went yesterday no low balling no offers full amount paid and down the road.( It was half 8 at night mind but i am so happy to see the back of that one.

im sat here now waiting for my cyber pint:);):lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tradegirl said:

Yeah mk6. I know what you mean, but still...for a cheap runaround you'd think someone would want it. Might auction it off on eBay.

I have had some good success auctioning of cars on eBay but becareful of the 20% fees

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tradegirl said:

LIKE! Especially the price part!

Got a silver 2008 Fiesta 1.6 Ghia 76k. Had it since March. Started at 2500, had a couple of bites. It's now at 1695 and nothing. Even when I accepted "best price" they never showed. Sick of the damn thing.

1.6?:unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, met said:

1.6?:unsure:

I know shocking engine, if it was the 1.4 or better still 1.4 tdi then it would have flown out

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, met said:

1.6?:unsure:

I know now. We got it cheap, bought as a quick small profit car. Impossible to shift.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, tradegirl said:

I know now. We got it cheap, bought as a quick small profit car. Impossible to shift.

Would probably do ok on ebay if you get a serious bidder .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Casper said:

Would probably do ok on ebay if you get a serious bidder .

I recently raffled off a couple of p/x shitters on ebay - they made the sort of money I expected (shit) to the sort of punter I expected (shit). If you’ve bought below trade money you have half a chance but don’t expect a wage.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn't owe us much. So it's either flog to eBay or drop the price. I expect as BHM says there will be some crap buyers. I also didn't know about the 20% fee. Might just kill it off and sell it cheap

Edited by tradegirl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tradegirl said:

It doesn't owe us much. So it's either flog to eBay or drop the price. I expect as BHM says there will be some crap buyers. I also didn't know about the 20% fee. Might just kill it off and sell it cheap

It's terrible sometimes for my neighbours dog stood on the ipad and placed the bid types .. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Casper said:

It's terrible sometimes for my neighbours dog stood on the ipad and placed the bid types .. 

Haha! No need for those extremes these days. More like "my one yr old had my phone."

Nephews came around the other day while I was bidding Copart. Made sure they stayed well away from the laptop!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tradegirl said:

Haha! No need for those extremes these days. More like "my one yr old had my phone."

Nephews came around the other day while I was bidding Copart. Made sure they stayed well away from the laptop!

I was joking and exaggerated a little  but have had Some Cracker of excuses over the years and nothing surprises me now  . 

Edited by Casper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2007 Audi TT Roadster S-tronic in Red. Full screen Nav, 19" alloys, 2 Owners, 133k with FSH... Proper car in A1 original condition.

Had it about 4 months... Lovely car.

3 x eBay auctions later (3 "buyers" - none of whom even viewed it)...

#1 @ £5150 didn't contact.

#2 @ £4350 had to pick it up within 3 hours after the auction ended as was going to Poland the next day (didn't check that was OK with me first - which it wasn't)

#3 at £3700 "didn't expect to get it that cheaply" and then asked "is there anything wrong with it?". Turns out the poor man "bought it for his wife as a surprise" in an "attempt to save his marriage" but "she doesn't like the colour" (Can't make this stuff up)...

Now advertised at £4895 or best offer. Not a sniff...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, premi-motor said:

2007 Audi TT Roadster S-tronic in Red. Full screen Nav, 19" alloys, 2 Owners, 133k with FSH... Proper car in A1 original condition.

Had it about 4 months... Lovely car.

3 x eBay auctions later (3 "buyers" - none of whom even viewed it)...

#1 @ £5150 didn't contact.

#2 @ £4350 had to pick it up within 3 hours after the auction ended as was going to Poland the next day (didn't check that was OK with me first - which it wasn't)

#3 at £3700 "didn't expect to get it that cheaply" and then asked "is there anything wrong with it?". Turns out the poor man "bought it for his wife as a surprise" in an "attempt to save his marriage" but "she doesn't like the colour" (Can't make this stuff up)...

Now advertised at £4895 or best offer. Not a sniff...

 

Hi there. Why are you auctioning the car off? Why not put a classified at the original price? Have you tried AT? Even Cargurus.
Saw your other post about the phone not ringing. It's frustrating when that happens. Have you tried a shuffle-around? Photos? Jiggle prices a little up or down?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, I find eBay classified ads just sit there. With auctions, at least you get interest (yet not always real buyers), plus there's a sense of urgency for a quicker turnover.

I've tried price up, down, left, right... Car on side of the road priced up. 1 viewer who phoned up wanting to view, yet when we met she didnt want a red car and didnt think she wanted a cabriolet! Idiots....

Genuinely a lovely car. Perhaps a bit miley at 133k but is the S-Tronic with Factory Nav so seems (and looks) like a cheap car to me!

Autotrader is expensive. I only had 2 calls last time on a cheap but mint Audi A5 M-Tronic (Black with Tan leather) - sold it locally...

Most people in the area I know are REALLY struggling this month with  the exception of my mate whos beat his August record and has done about 25+ this month!

Edited by premi-motor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, premi-motor said:

For me, I find eBay classified ads just sit there. With auctions, at least you get interest (yet not always real buyers), plus there's a sense of urgency for a quicker turnover.

I've tried price up, down, left, right... Car on side of the road priced up. 1 viewer who phoned up wanting to view, yet when we met she didnt want a red car and didnt think she wanted a cabriolet! Idiots....

Genuinely a lovely car. Perhaps a bit miley at 133k but is the S-Tronic with Factory Nav so seems (and looks) like a cheap car to me!

Autotrader is expensive. I only had 2 calls last time on a cheap but mint Audi A5 M-Tronic (Black with Tan leather) - sold it locally...

Most people in the area I know are REALLY struggling this month with  the exception of my mate whos beat his August record and has done about 25+ this month!

I feel you. We had a 318 coupe red leather, just the SE spec, but beautiful car. Had it for sale about 4 months I think and priced very well. Was about to go get the alloys done in gunmetal grey, when a lad rang, it was exactly what he was looking for. He was so made up. He said he wouldn't have wanted gunmetal alloys. The right buyer will come along, and it will be just the 1 sensible person who knows what they want. Unfortunately it's a waiting game with some cars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2019 at 11:29 PM, tradegirl said:

I feel you. We had a 318 coupe red leather, just the SE spec, but beautiful car. Had it for sale about 4 months I think and priced very well. Was about to go get the alloys done in gunmetal grey, when a lad rang, it was exactly what he was looking for. He was so made up. He said he wouldn't have wanted gunmetal alloys. The right buyer will come along, and it will be just the 1 sensible person who knows what they want. Unfortunately it's a waiting game with some cars.

Its mental. There really are no rules... Prep a ll my cars very highly (overboard really) but they usually sell to the fist to view. I just cannot understand this TT... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...did a deal on the car Friday evening to an older chap. Agreed a price. He asked if Cash or Bank Transfer was OK, and agreed to call before he left. Buyer coming from Southampton to Essex.

No call by 11am. 

I work from home and he had my address so tried to call numerously throughout the day, being tied to the house.

Eventually got through at 6.30pm. 

"I sent you an email saying I wasnt coming - cant get insured, sorry".

Email was sent at 17:15 after having to wait in all day. Needless to say he was "enlightened".

This car is a $&!* magnet

Edited by premi-motor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.