Arfur Dealy

July, how’s it going

excuse the pun but we have been absolutely motoring. 37 in 37 days. then on the 6th of July someone turned the tap off! zero sales in 6 days. the tap will soon be switched on and we can resume as normal :)

here's to a great weekend everyone and I hope we all smash it out of the park :)

On 04/07/2019 at 5:09 PM, David Horgan said:

98 406 OMG :lol: wasn't worth a grand when it was new :D. With 200,000 on clock I'd tell him it will cost him £50 to leave it here as scrap has gone down in value :rolleyes:

I would have been generous and offered him £100 ha 

We are up to 15 now and a finance proposal online at 1:37 am this morning - I always wake up in the morning to 2-3 leads.... lol although this one does not sound like it’s going to be prime haha

Managed to get 3 out of prep and listed last week. So up to 4 listed.

Could have sold the one but tried to squeeze more out of the deal. Was supposed to have a viewing today on another, but he hasn't called to confirm.

Bit disappointing, but I know/hope something will shift soon. They're all higher than usual price bracket, so I can't wait to roll the money over.

3 hours ago, tradegirl said:

Managed to get 3 out of prep and listed last week. So up to 4 listed.

Could have sold the one but tried to squeeze more out of the deal. Was supposed to have a viewing today on another, but he hasn't called to confirm.

Bit disappointing, but I know/hope something will shift soon. They're all higher than usual price bracket, so I can't wait to roll the money over.

you mentioned 1 on sale 6 in prep? could i ask what your buying criteria is? just curious if you like to buy prep cars on price or just being unlucky at the moment..

10 minutes ago, awc1000 said:

you mentioned 1 on sale 6 in prep? could i ask what your buying criteria is? just curious if you like to buy prep cars on price or just being unlucky at the moment..

2 were in the bodyshop, got those out and listed.
5 were in/awaiting mechanics, got 1 out and listed.

I knew they all needed prep, but all mechanics/bodyshops have been dragging their feet more than usual (1 bodyshop had no electricity for a week :rolleyes:). For the most part they have healthy profit margins, so at least that's something!

1 minute ago, jason doyle motor sales said:

i put up all my prices and the sales are coming in

weird but there you go

punters obviously want to get rid of their lolly before our great new leader leads us to the better land:lol::)

Have you seen that scene in the Three Amigos where they're in the desert, and two of them are dying of thirst, and Chevy Chase just glugs down water, spilling it everywhere while the others look on in thirsty disbelief?

That's how I feel right now reading that haha. That's good news though!

13 minutes ago, tradegirl said:

Have you seen that scene in the Three Amigos where they're in the desert, and two of them are dying of thirst, and Chevy Chase just glugs down water, spilling it everywhere while the others look on in thirsty disbelief?

That's how I feel right now reading that haha. That's good news though!

:D:) I like how you put it I guess we all have our good and bad times at this game and up and downs but were still here doing it so we must be doing something right .i guess you will be busy when others are quiet  and vice versa 

Edited by Casper

30 minutes ago, Casper said:

:D:) I like how you put it I guess we all have our good and bad times at this game and up and downs but were still here doing it so we must be doing something right .i guess you will be busy when others are quiet  and vice versa 

Casper, it seemed like a fitting example haha. Funnily enough this isn't a bad time. Touch wood and thank God, for the first time in a while we have a few popular cars with a good profit. A couple of months ago it was dire straits with just crap. So I'm at least confident the cars are right, now it's just a waiting game.

But definitely this job has its ups and downs!

After a completely dead month, just sold two in two days, could have sold them both three times in the end. Full ticket price, both good meaty deals to.