Sign in to follow this  
Pip

No more BMWs

On 09/07/2019 at 2:54 PM, Tony911 said:

Nicked a lovely 325 last week as everybody got put off the smoke coming from side of the engine obviously it was rocker cover gasket failure common issue. £2500 under cap so not complaining :)

Was it just a gasket?, a few years back we had a few failures under warranty on the 320i and they had to change the rocker cover, I seem to recall it’s plastic and warps?

On 09/07/2019 at 10:26 AM, CRW said:

Problem is finding a post 2012 Ford (Fiesta, Focus, C-Max) that isn't a 1.0 Ecoboost! Did a few 1.6 Ecoboost until turns out the don't just blow up, they barbeque you! Hoping the 1.5 Ecoboost turns out to be better in the long run.

In the event you did get a failure on a 1.0 Ecoboost Ford still help with goodwill as long as you can show service history.

10 hours ago, Contracts said:

Was it just a gasket?, a few years back we had a few failures under warranty on the 320i and they had to change the rocker cover, I seem to recall it’s plastic and warps?

In the event you did get a failure on a 1.0 Ecoboost Ford still help with goodwill as long as you can show service history.

Yes just a new rocker cover gasket fresh oil and a new oil filter job done. No more oil dripping on to exhaust