Ray RNS

What Camera do you guys use for taking best photos?

Recommended Posts

Hi All

Im not knew to the trade (far from it) however when it comes to doing the "walk around" photos ready for internet advertising, I have always relied on my trusty iphone, however I think this does not give the best photos when it comes to summer time "glare" and I just wanted to get some recommendations from other dealers with what they use? Im about to go and buy a new digital camera and before I spend my money I wanted to know if anyone recommends one?

 

Thanks in advance 

Edited by Ray RNS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tend to Switch between a few cameras my phone an old  digital one for ease of use and dslr find the dslr takes the better photos .welcome by the way and you have posted the same question twice . 

Edited by Casper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Casper

Yes I noticed that I listed it twice? However I cannot for the life of me figure out how to delete one of them?? Any ideas? lol

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There a sort of arrow or line at top moderator actions lets you delete it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro smartphone.

Awesome pictures and a few lenses (including a wide lens, perfect for for the back through to front 2 x seats shot).

Amazing bit of kit and so simple to use!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, trade vet said:

Brownie 125

we use the plates method

what a picture what a memory,flash bang......................:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a Nikon D5600 and an iPhone X. Admittedly, I am not the world's best photographer, but no matter how hard I try, the iPhone produces the best, most honest and hassle-free results every time.

When I spend ages doing photos with the Nikon, the results look too good if that makes sense, they have a kind of dishonest 'magazine' feel to them which I do not think the punters want.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless you are a skilled photographer and have an in depth knowledge of digital processing, a high end Dslr camera will not get you the best results.

I own several high end Dslr cameras as my "other job" is photography related.

However, I use a smart phone to take my car photos as its a lot quicker and easier and gives excellent results relative to effort.

iPhones ...apart from the very latest X models do not have brilliant cameras, Samsung and Huawei are better.

Dslr cameras are designed mainly to capture digital imagery in raw format for manual processing in a digital dark room and this is where they excel. To first capture the best raw data you need to have the knowledge and skill to set them up correctly relative to the conditions and circumstances.

A high end smartphone will give better results for most people as they are doing all the setting and processing for you.

The same applies to video. A full frame Dslr is capable of capturing Cinematic quality video in the right hands, but most people will do better with a smartphone or Go-Pro.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, premi-motor said:

Huawei Mate 20 Pro smartphone.

Awesome pictures and a few lenses (including a wide lens, perfect for for the back through to front 2 x seats shot).

Amazing bit of kit and so simple to use!

How do you find the huawei in general was looking at upgrading from an iphone to android looked at them and one plus was slightly worried about future updates with news reports Probably just worrying over nothing  

Edited by Casper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Casper said:

How do you find the huawei in general was looking at upgrading from an iphone to android looked at them and one plus was slightly worried about future updates with news reports Probably just worrying over nothing  

I’ve been with iphone since they launched the “4” and to be honest I’ve got so used to how the iPhone works that when I try and use a mates android I just get annoyed with it and find it “not obvious” where apps and uses are laid out. 

Just thought ide mention it, as mybe worth considering staying with what you are used to - “better the devil you know” and all that jazz!

Thanks for all you reply guys - really appreciate your time 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Ray RNS said:

I’ve been with iphone since they launched the “4” and to be honest I’ve got so used to how the iPhone works that when I try and use a mates android I just get annoyed with it and find it “not obvious” where apps and uses are laid out. 

Just thought ide mention it, as mybe worth considering staying with what you are used to - “better the devil you know” and all that jazz!

Thanks for all you reply guys - really appreciate your time 

Thank you and You are probably right there I'm so used to apple format now with iPhone and iPad I'd find it hard to adapt one the mechanics I use does some weekends and that for me to keep his hand in he is a workshop supervisor for a large company they supplied him with a Samsung and his own phone always been iPhone .

says he struggles with the Samsung sometimes .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't worry about future updates... That just won't happen...

I came from the iPhone. I used to hate Android (having spent only a few minutes on it), but became sick of Apple slowing the older phones down purposely through their OS updates so you buy another (Samsung and Apple have been fined for this).

Having had the Huawei on Android, after a day I knew that there's no way I would go back to Apple...

Its like unlocking the chains.

As for the camera, image quality and phone in general - just incomparable in a good way!!!

 

 

 

Edited by premi-motor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, premi-motor said:

Don't worry about future updates... That just won't happen...

I came from the iPhone. I used to hate Android (having spent only a few minutes on it), but became sick of Apple slowing the older phones down purposely through their OS updates so you buy another (Samsung and Apple have been fined for this).

Having had the Huawei on Android, after a day I knew that there's no way I would go back to Apple...

Its like unlocking the chains.

As for the camera, image quality and phone in general - just incomparable in a good way!!!

 

 

 

Thank you yes a computer repair man I know mentioned the iPhone Samsung thing ..

didn't know they had been fined though his technically terms was apple break the old phones through updates lol . 

Edited by Casper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, premi-motor said:

Having had the Huawei on Android, after a day I knew that there's no way I would go back to Apple...

Its like unlocking the chains.

As for the camera, image quality and phone in general - just incomparable in a good way!!!

I upgraded from an iPhone 6S to the budget Huawei P Smart - less than £200 brand new. Step above the iPhone in every way.

Then I dropped the bloody thing and have now upgraded to the Huawei P30 - Camera is something else. No need for a seperate camera, the pics are that good.

Would never go back to Apple after using a Huawei.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had an iPhone 7 and my son had a Galaxy 8

We took exactly the same photos to compare them.

There was no comparison. The Galaxy was in a different league. I believe the Huawei Pro models are a step up again.

I have an iPhone XR now. Its on a par with Samsung and Huawei models from 2/3 years ago. But it is entirely adequate for car images and videos.

I can't change because everything I have is Apple. Android phones are simply better, but I could never switch back to PC from Mac, thats the killer I guess. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, XFS said:

I had an iPhone 7 and my son had a Galaxy 8

We took exactly the same photos to compare them.

There was no comparison. The Galaxy was in a different league. I believe the Huawei Pro models are a step up again.

I have an iPhone XR now. Its on a par with Samsung and Huawei models from 2/3 years ago. But it is entirely adequate for car images and videos.

I can't change because everything I have is Apple. Android phones are simply better, but I could never switch back to PC from Mac, thats the killer I guess. 

I agree I even thought about using 2 phones at one point I've two on contract but I gave one to me elderly father to use and put the sim in a basic handset .ive a couple of iPads and a couple of amazon tablets prefer the iPads . Guess it's what your used to 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/08/2019 at 1:07 PM, Ray RNS said:

Hi All

Im not knew to the trade (far from it) however when it comes to doing the "walk around" photos ready for internet advertising, I have always relied on my trusty iphone, however I think this does not give the best photos when it comes to summer time "glare" and I just wanted to get some recommendations from other dealers with what they use? Im about to go and buy a new digital camera and before I spend my money I wanted to know if anyone recommends one?

 

Thanks in advance 

Don’t take pictures in direct sunlight, you need Shade. Correlate it with a brutally honest video description. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cannon 1500D - perfect all-rounder, changeable lenses if required and wifi enabled so super simple to get the photos on your phone or laptop :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/08/2019 at 2:47 PM, D&M said:

I upgraded from an iPhone 6S to the budget Huawei P Smart - less than £200 brand new. Step above the iPhone in every way.

Then I dropped the bloody thing and have now upgraded to the Huawei P30 - Camera is something else. No need for a seperate camera, the pics are that good.

Would never go back to Apple after using a Huawei.

:) thanks for the reply only just noticed it . Yes I might try something else soon still undecided .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.