Marian TDM

No interest/diesel hard to sell

Recommended Posts

Hi guys 

Just got a Vauxhall Astra 2.0 CDTi Auto (63 plate, 2013) 36k miles in excellent condition. (diesel) 

I am trying to sell it for 5000 but its been a week and only one phone call about it. 

Am I pricey or people are actually scared about diesel cars? 

Cheers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only 1 phone call in a week???

I’d be trying to offload it to WBAC, if they won’t take it send it to the block? 

If all else fails, burn it out!!!

Edited by C B
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What? Your car isn’t selling in a week and you’re not taking a grand out of it?

I thought all these car dealers were lying about the trade being shit.

Definitely don’t buy any more diesels. Rubbish sellers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or any more astras .lot of people seem to being doing ok with diesels still .. 

guess thats the double edge sword it a diesel and an astra even the petrol ones struggle .  

Edited by Casper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

What? Your car isn’t selling in a week and you’re not taking a grand out of it?

I thought all these car dealers were lying about the trade being shit.

Definitely don’t buy any more diesels. Rubbish sellers.

Thanks. 

 

8 minutes ago, Tony911 said:

What's last price cash?

1st comes 1served. 

 

12 minutes ago, C B said:

Only 1 phone call in a week???

I’d be trying to offload it to WBAC, if they won’t take it send it to the block? 

If all else fails, burn it out!!!

Selling as well 3 Series 63 plate and had 2 viewers after 6h I posted it. 

Just now, Casper said:

Or any more astras .lot of people seem to being doing ok with diesels still .. 

I am near London. Everyone seems to be scared about Ulez. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Marian TDM said:

Thanks. 

 

1st comes 1served. 

 

Selling as well 3 Series 63 plate and had 2 viewers after 6h I posted it. 

I am near London. Everyone seems to be scared about Ulez. 

Probably friend .. is the  3 series diesel or petrol  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Casper said:

Probably friend .. is the  3 series diesel or petrol  

Diesel 2.0 30£ road tax, they sell very good in my area. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Marian TDM said:

Diesel 2.0 30£ road tax, they sell very good in my area. 

Yes the £20 and £30 road tax seem to help as well 

I'm sure you will find an astra buyer eventually there is a bum for every seat .. 

Keep the head up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Casper said:

Yes the £20 and £30 road tax seem to help as well 

I'm sure you will find an astra buyer eventually there is a bum for every seat .. 

Keep the head up 

I am not sure if my price is too high. 

Cap value comes up around 5k

38 minutes ago, Casper said:

Yes the £20 and £30 road tax seem to help as well 

I'm sure you will find an astra buyer eventually there is a bum for every seat .. 

Keep the head up 

I am not sure if my price is too high. 

Cap value comes up around 5k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Marian TDM said:

I am not sure if my price is too high. 

Cap value comes up around 5k

I am not sure if my price is too high. 

Cap value comes up around 5k

Look around see what similar ones are selling for .

its got miles on its side 

wait it out see what happens .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A week! I’ve had hangovers last longer. Presumably the 3 series is a different type of diesel to the Astra, if the 3 series sold quickly. It’s the only explanation for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marian TDM said:

Hi guys 

Just got a Vauxhall Astra 2.0 CDTi Auto (63 plate, 2013) 36k miles in excellent condition. (diesel) 

I am trying to sell it for 5000 but its been a week and only one phone call about it. 

Am I pricey or people are actually scared about diesel cars? 

Cheers. 

I would think one call in a week is good Marian for an Astra Diesel the fact its an Auto can work for and against you , Look on Autotrader to match your car against the others , you dont want to be the lowest price on there but 1st page within a 50 mile radius of your post code would give you an idea of the prices , Its low miles , Service history ? I hope , Nice colour I hope  , tell the buyer about the condition and any extras , Nav , Leather , Climate . It will go pretty soon . So don't panic after a week :rolleyes:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

I would think one call in a week is good Marian for an Astra Diesel the fact its an Auto can work for and against you , Look on Autotrader to match your car against the others , you dont want to be the lowest price on there but 1st page within a 50 mile radius of your post code would give you an idea of the prices , Its low miles , Service history ? I hope , Nice colour I hope  , tell the buyer about the condition and any extras , Nav , Leather , Climate . It will go pretty soon . So don't panic after a week :rolleyes:

Good advice this! A week is nothing. I’m new to this like you and I’m typically finding most my cars are advertised for a month before they sell, however I’ve got one I’ve had since May!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, C B said:

Only 1 phone call in a week???

I’d be trying to offload it to WBAC, if they won’t take it send it to the block? 

If all else fails, burn it out!!!

I thought WBAC only buy from private punters with their name on the V5 ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, XFS said:

I thought WBAC only buy from private punters with their name on the V5 ?

You have to have had the v5 in your name for over a month .we tried it with an old audi once was in the guys name but had only been in it 2 weeks 

Edited by Casper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your worrying about only having one call in a week? I’ve got a couple of cars here that haven’t had a single call in over a month and neither are diesels.

Edited by Lakeside
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

A week :D:D

I’d assumed this topic was a piss take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BHM said:

I’d assumed this topic was a piss take.

Most threads on here are these days.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sparky said:

Most threads on here are these days.

A lot of advertising spam as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Lakeside said:

Your worrying about only having one call in a week? I’ve got a couple of cars here that haven’t had a single call in over a month and neither are diesels.

I Agree, If I sell a vehicle in one months of advertising I'm happy & within 3 months its meet a realistic expectation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had them gone before I have even collected them but conversely, I have had one in stock for 9 months - nothing wrong with it, just one of those things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

I've had them gone before I have even collected them but conversely, I have had one in stock for 9 months - nothing wrong with it, just one of those things.

Its down to luck sometimes I guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you would have to be off your nuts to want to be the proud owner of an french automatic diesel

astra live the dream.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.