Big Dom

Accidentally bought on BCA live auction

So that is your car that the OP has bought by mistake. Would you expect him to honour it? Would you be expect BCA to honour it? Of course you would. 

There are pros and cons of internet buying, if you can't deal with the cons then best not bother.

• Like 1

what a load of tripe, did the dog eat your homework? its almost impossible to do what you did

Isn’t there a different thread for ‘buyers remorse’ where we all cunt the buyers off? 

I don’t buy the story and even if I did I’d be sticking with the ‘It’s your car’ comments. 

Thank god you don’t work for the government in nuclear missile launch control room :lol:

2 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

what a load of tripe, did the dog eat your homework? its almost impossible to do what you did

It really is impossible. 

On 9/12/2019 at 8:13 PM, Big Dom said:

Thanks all, it’s so frustrating. I use an Apple Mac & was only logging on to see what price a certain car was but when I entered the live auction the volume was on full, completely deafening, as I was trying to turn it down an on screen volume emblem came up which is what I clicked on to adjust the volume however this didn’t work so I continued with the buttons but the volume emblem was obviously over the bid button. I had no idea I’d placed a bid until I received the email

Repeatedly pressed the button by mistake? Of course. Buyers remorse more like. Pay up, if you dont, bca have every right to suspend your account. Theres a sign up in the auction I use to say they have a responsibility to the vendor as much as the buyer. The trade has a habit of remembering a car when it comes through for a second time and doesnt normally bid as high, so BCA aren't going to help you out on this.

My friend did this a few years ago, however due to him being a black card holder they didn't care. Double standards .

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NacMan said:

My friend did this a few years ago, however due to him being a black card holder they didn't care. Double standards .

Yes my colleague did it once was with mainheim not bca though as i said earlier he just payed the money for it sold it and actually did ok out of it probably the best way as was his mistake 

they did phone once saying we had won the bid on a ford ka which had never been bid on as this was was there mistake they rightly sorted it ..

Edited by Casper

1 hour ago, NacMan said:

I received an invoice from Aston Barclay for a £3k motor

Whilst I have signed up for an online account I have never logged in let alone have a membership card with them and let alone bidding for a motor!

I get the weekly and daily emails. 

I sent them a message saying this and they accepted it. I was so waiting for them to come back and say you bidded in it!

Online system can be abused by the auctioneer too ie dump a banger on someone else and insist they bidded on it!