NacMan

OFF TOPIC QUESTION

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

I know I know... People living in glass houses...

Its when we realise in a few months time its nearly another year older and so are we its scary it seems no time from last year .. 

13 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Coming from you :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Casper said:

Its when we realise in a few months time its nearly another year older and so are we its scary it seems no time from last year .. 

When I was a kid, the 6 week holidays seemed to last forever. Now holidays, summer holidays and everything else seem to fly by the older I get.

Can you imagine what it must be like for @trade vet if this continues :lol:

Edited by Mark101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tradegirl said:

Top marks at GCSEs and A Levels in languages. Got into a good uni and suddenly everyone was as good as/better than me, and it scared me. Went from top of the class to bottom. Ended up with a 2:2 French degree that no one wanted, because I didn't work hard enough. Started working in bars/nightclubs from 2005-2012. Fell into cars in 2013 with my business partner. He knew a bit about cars, I knew nothing. (And still don't know much haha)

Bumpy 6 years so far, but hopefully with some changes and hard work, the future will be better and brighter.

Otherwise I might have to find a rich OAP to sign his savings over to me.

You will do ok trade-girl we are all to help with opinions help and advice if you want my honest opinion  think you come across as very knowledgeable and helpful you to always try to help people 

tell you what if i win the lotto tonight ill send you some cash at least 2 pound for you to have go Wednesday lol  

hope all is well casper .. 

4 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

When I was a kid, the 6 week holidays seemed to last forever. Now holidays, summer holidays and everything else seem to fly by the older I get.

Can you imagine what it must be like for @trade vet if this continues :lol:

Lol :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Casper said:

You will do ok trade-girl we are all to help with opinions help and advice if you want my honest opinion  think you come across as very knowledgeable and helpful you to always try to help people 

tell you what if i win the lotto tonight ill send you some cash at least 2 pound for you to have go Wednesday lol  

hope all is well casper .. 

Lol :lol:

Casper, it's all an illusion haha.

And thanks for the £2 lol, I can buy a centre cap for a car :lol:

Speaking of lotto though, revcomps is probably a better bet. Smaller prize, but better odds. Win a car then flog it, pure profit lol. Hey, that rhymes.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Casper said:

You will do ok trade-girl we are all to help with opinions help and advice if you want my honest opinion  think you come across as very knowledgeable and helpful you to always try to help people 

tell you what if i win the lotto tonight ill send you some cash at least 2 pound for you to have go Wednesday lol  

hope all is well casper .. 

Lol :lol:

 

17 minutes ago, tradegirl said:

Casper, it's all an illusion haha.

And thanks for the £2 lol, I can buy a centre cap for a car :lol:

Speaking of lotto though, revcomps is probably a better bet. Smaller prize, but better odds. Win a car then flog it, pure profit lol. Hey, that rhymes.

 

25 minutes ago, Casper said:

You will do ok trade-girl we are all to help with opinions help and advice if you want my honest opinion  think you come across as very knowledgeable and helpful you to always try to help people 

tell you what if i win the lotto tonight ill send you some cash at least 2 pound for you to have go Wednesday lol  

hope all is well casper .. 

Lol :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

When I was a kid, the 6 week holidays seemed to last forever. Now holidays, summer holidays and everything else seem to fly by the older I get.

Can you imagine what it must be like for @trade vet if this continues :lol:

Don’t worry about me.My concern is how some of you guys can carry on.It was dead easy when we started.When you were early 20’s it was normal to have 30 car pitches,own freehold property and be debt free.You would not believe what it was like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

@tradegirl  @trade vet is a retired rich OAP maybe he could be your sugar daddy :lol: Rumour has it 'awards' is his safe word or at least that what AD says in their sessions :lol:

......Not a good idea as I only get pocket money from my wife.( my CEO )It goes back to when I had my first pitch and always having a grand readies in your back pocket. I was always missing cash.I now run around in a 06 Rav while my wife’s handbag collection is probably worth more than the stock on a small pitch !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

@tradegirl  @trade vet is a retired rich OAP maybe he could be your sugar daddy :lol: Rumour has it 'awards' is his safe word or at least that what AD says in their sessions :lol:

Haha, I might consider it. He seems stern though. Is he a looker?

Anyone seen that dominatrix lady down South I think? She's 60-odd, you pay her £150 an hour to clean her house and be abused by her. No sex either, you can only "worship" her feet up to her ankles. Not a bad gig at all, and no screamers either :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I managed a couple of O Levels and some grade one CSE’s. From 14 I had a Saturday job as a Valetter, went full time at 16 and bought my first PX at 17 when I passed my test. Bought and sold for 2/3 years whilst Valetting and then got a proper job at an insurance company, then a bank advancing to branch manager. Throughout this period I continued Trading. I never stopped buying and selling.... it’s in my blood, been doing it over 35 years now. I  got made redundant in the late 90’s and went full time doorstepper... 

Edited by Arfur Dealy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I managed a couple of O Levels and some grade one CSE’s. From 14 I had a Saturday job as a Valetter, went full time at 16 and bought my first PX at 17 when I passed my test. Bought and sold for 2/3 years whilst Valetting and then got a proper job at an insurance company, then a bank advancing to branch manager. Throughout this period I continued Trading. I never stopped buying and selling.... it’s in my blood, been doing it over 35 years now. I  got made redundant in the late 90’s and went full time doorstepper... 

What O levels if you don't mind me asking? Sounds like a bumpy ride smoothened out!:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NacMan said:

What O levels if you don't mind me asking? Sounds like a bumpy ride smoothened out!:)

English lit, language and woodwork, not that it’s ever helped me. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NacMan said:

What O levels if you don't mind me asking? Sounds like a bumpy ride smoothened out!:)

O levels were equivalent to the olden day standard grade nac man its changed again since my day it all to do with levels now 

 

4 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

English lit, language and woodwork, not that it’s ever helped me. 

 

 

Everyday is a school day anyway you learn more when you leave i got one in french think i can count to ten still and say my name and ask someone theres now and say thank you and thats about it 

Edited by Casper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Casper said:

O levels were equivalent to the olden day standard grade nac man its changed again since my day it all to do with levels now 

 

Everyday is a school day anyway you learn more when you leave i got one in french think i can count to ten still and say my name and ask someone theres now and say thank you and thats about it 

I think there equivalent to A levels don't count me on it:lol:

19 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

English lit, language and woodwork, not that it’s ever helped me. 

 

 

Always something to fall back on! Especially in a quiet time like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did a Business Degree and enjoyed University for what it was but it’s very different running a business in the real world than studying textbooks on business!

I then joined a graduate scheme and I found after 5 years of working for corporate companies I just didn’t enjoy it - no job satisfaction for me - just a salary and a car.

Id worked in used car sales from 18-20 so I went back to that. I’d traded on the side while having a “real job” and it’s a bug that’s never left me so I went full time working for myself, initially as a doorstepper. 

I feel lucky I don’t have a 9-5 like a lot of my friends despite the stress this job can bring

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SouthernTrader said:

I did a Business Degree and enjoyed University for what it was but it’s very different running a business in the real world than studying textbooks on business!

I then joined a graduate scheme and I found after 5 years of working for corporate companies I just didn’t enjoy it - no job satisfaction for me - just a salary and a car.

Id worked in used car sales from 18-20 so I went back to that. I’d traded on the side while having a “real job” and it’s a bug that’s never left me so I went full time working for myself, initially as a doorstepper. 

I feel lucky I don’t have a 9-5 like a lot of my friends despite the stress this job can bring

Yep, you can just drop everything and go as I said to Arthur you can never worry about this job going bust, firstly because everyone wants/needs a car and you have your degree to fall on!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, NacMan said:

I think there equivalent to A levels don't count me on it:lol:

Always something to fall back on! Especially in a quiet time like this.

Your correct.i google it guess its the same as a higher or national 5 it said there all different up here in Scotland so i stand corrected . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hated school although when I applied myself I did always do well, I left at 15, did an access college course for car mechanics. Done 2 years of course in one year as I was good at it, I then took an apprenticeship with Honda and hated it, lasted 6 months as it wasn’t challenging me.

I then worked in a bank for a while like the money hated the office, moved from that to valeting, worked in a car wash then did mobile valeting later on for myself. It was then I started buying and selling the odd car when I was about 18, 

I then started helping out in a friends garage with mechanical work whenever mobile valeting was rained off or quiet. He then offered me good money to be full time which I done for several years whilst still selling cars as a hobby, the workshop was ideal as I could do the prep on my sales cars for free on my own time. 

Two sales cars became 4, 4 became 8 etc and it finally became too much to manage, After a short 3 month holiday at her majesty’s pleasure for things I won’t get I had a lot of free time to reflect and decided to go full time with car sales and it’s been the best decision I’ve made. I’m now 28 with a decent pitch and I’ve recently bought over the my friends workshop business etc. 

Sometimes I hate the job and the stress but I don’t think I’d do anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

I hated school although when I applied myself I did always do well, I left at 15, did an access college course for car mechanics. Done 2 years of course in one year as I was good at it, I then took an apprenticeship with Honda and hated it, lasted 6 months as it wasn’t challenging me.

I then worked in a bank for a while like the money hated the office, moved from that to valeting, worked in a car wash then did mobile valeting later on for myself. It was then I started buying and selling the odd car when I was about 18, 

I then started helping out in a friends garage with mechanical work whenever mobile valeting was rained off or quiet. He then offered me good money to be full time which I done for several years whilst still selling cars as a hobby, the workshop was ideal as I could do the prep on my sales cars for free on my own time. 

Two sales cars became 4, 4 became 8 etc and it finally became too much to manage, After a short 3 month holiday at her majesty’s pleasure for things I won’t get I had a lot of free time to reflect and decided to go full time with car sales and it’s been the best decision I’ve made. I’m now 28 with a decent pitch and I’ve recently bought over the my friends workshop business etc. 

Sometimes I hate the job and the stress but I don’t think I’d do anything else.

Well done mark on the purchase of your friends workshop business

business seems to be thriving which ive always liked to see great achievements in the motor trade in fact in general life i like to see people do well 

keep up the good work  

all the best 

Edited by Casper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

I hated school although when I applied myself I did always do well, I left at 15, did an access college course for car mechanics. Done 2 years of course in one year as I was good at it, I then took an apprenticeship with Honda and hated it, lasted 6 months as it wasn’t challenging me.

I then worked in a bank for a while like the money hated the office, moved from that to valeting, worked in a car wash then did mobile valeting later on for myself. It was then I started buying and selling the odd car when I was about 18, 

I then started helping out in a friends garage with mechanical work whenever mobile valeting was rained off or quiet. He then offered me good money to be full time which I done for several years whilst still selling cars as a hobby, the workshop was ideal as I could do the prep on my sales cars for free on my own time. 

Two sales cars became 4, 4 became 8 etc and it finally became too much to manage, After a short 3 month holiday at her majesty’s pleasure for things I won’t get I had a lot of free time to reflect and decided to go full time with car sales and it’s been the best decision I’ve made. I’m now 28 with a decent pitch and I’ve recently bought over the my friends workshop business etc. 

Sometimes I hate the job and the stress but I don’t think I’d do anything else.

The best job out there:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

I hated school although when I applied myself I did always do well, I left at 15, did an access college course for car mechanics. Done 2 years of course in one year as I was good at it, I then took an apprenticeship with Honda and hated it, lasted 6 months as it wasn’t challenging me.

I then worked in a bank for a while like the money hated the office, moved from that to valeting, worked in a car wash then did mobile valeting later on for myself. It was then I started buying and selling the odd car when I was about 18, 

I then started helping out in a friends garage with mechanical work whenever mobile valeting was rained off or quiet. He then offered me good money to be full time which I done for several years whilst still selling cars as a hobby, the workshop was ideal as I could do the prep on my sales cars for free on my own time. 

Two sales cars became 4, 4 became 8 etc and it finally became too much to manage, After a short 3 month holiday at her majesty’s pleasure for things I won’t get I had a lot of free time to reflect and decided to go full time with car sales and it’s been the best decision I’ve made. I’m now 28 with a decent pitch and I’ve recently bought over the my friends workshop business etc. 

Sometimes I hate the job and the stress but I don’t think I’d do anything else.

You're 28 but left school at 15? How is that possible in the 2000s?

Pre 1960s yes but in today's climate how so?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

You're 28 but left school at 15? How is that possible in the 2000s?

Pre 1960s yes but in today's climate how so?

It was to do with when you became 16 technically I left at 15

about 3 weeks from my 16 th birthday 

also you could leave if you could find a college course to go to some scheme they did some of the lads from my year went for the last 6 months 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Casper said:

It was to do with when you became 16 technically I left at 15

about 3 weeks from my 16 th birthday 

also you could leave if you could find a college course to go to some scheme they did some of the lads from my year went for the last 6 months 

How old are you again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

How old are you again?

I'm in my late thirties . Tango think it was about 17 days before my 16th birthday I left as a said some of the boys from the year left earlier about 6 month before they should have because they found them a college placement  

Edited by Casper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Casper said:

It was to do with when you became 16 technically I left at 15

about 3 weeks from my 16 th birthday 

also you could leave if you could find a college course to go to some scheme they did some of the lads from my year went for the last 6 months 

Pretty much as above, the college course was still classed as full time education.

 

cheers Casper 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.