chrishowie

Apart from a discount... what incentives do you feel work

11 hours ago, J.T said:

You're missing a trick there TV, all of my cars end in 99 and not 95. The reason being if you sell 250 cars a year that £4 per car is a grand a year you're just giving away for no reason, over 10 years that's £10,000!! 

The thing that always makes me laugh is when people pay in cash and the balance is £5999, they'll give me £6,000 in notes and when I've finished counting I'll reach for my back pocket and they always say "oh no don't worry about the change" so I get an extra £1. The thing is if they went to the Co-op next door and spent £9 and paid with a £10 note and didn't get their £1 change they would soon start complaining, so suddenly that £1 is important to them!!

Now if my figures ended in 5 instead of 9 they would probably be much more likely to want their £5 change, and I'd miss out on my free £1's lol.  

15 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Brilliant.

why not stick another grand on - extra quarter mill per year :lol:

this is the best way)

Edited by GodInyou

16 hours ago, J.T said:

You're missing a trick there TV, all of my cars end in 99 and not 95. The reason being if you sell 250 cars a year that £4 per car is a grand a year you're just giving away for no reason, over 10 years that's £10,000!! 

I love those sort of money multiplications :D 

Man after my own thinking :ph34r:

On 10/9/2019 at 2:48 PM, EPV said:

I have a backlog 

My question is, why are they now dead? What you been doing to them?

15 minutes ago, tradegirl said:

My question is, why are they now dead? What you been doing to them?

Killing them 

On 10/9/2019 at 11:06 AM, chrishowie said:

In the 80's my father in law tells a great story about buying 20 large TV's (in colour!?) and offering them free with any car purchased that month!!

He said he ended up with 19 of the TV's as everyone said, just knock the extra £££ off the price of the car....

Anyone else been left with Autogylm kits or security locks they just couldn't give away as an incentive or have you found free 12 month RAC cover works?!

Just a bit of fun : )

I remember there was a dealer who offered free videos with every car in the dim and distant, that is the machines, not tape :D i have tried krooklocks, alarms, free mot for life [ the cost of mot, returned to me, i took it for mot, they normally failed ;) ]

but top n bottom is now i just say, no gimmicks here, just service and quality:ph34r::P 

• Like 2