tradex

Toyota Yaris 2006 fuel filler flap cable.....?

Had a 2006 Yaris but older shape, chopped in and the very honest, upright and "never missed a let me down, breaking my heart, hope this one will be as reliable as my old car" customer must have had memory failure during the handover.....

...the fuel filler flap hasn't worked since early September according to the garage invoice that he forgot to remove and, low and behold, it still doesn't work, funny that.....which was a tad frustrating last night, 16 miles from home in the pissing rain, trying to put fuel in the bloody thing....amazing what a credit type card does though, saw that on Columbo years ago, never thought it would come in handy.

I've looked at the cable and I'm thinking Toyota started off with a cable and, then built the whole car around this bowden cable.

Google doesn't give me too much to go on, anyone had to do this job on one of Toyotas finest (sic) , slim shot but worth asking for a heads up before I get the angle grinder out to cut off the nearside rear wing.....I hate p/x cars.

Got a Megane here needing a clutch that only slips when hot in top that I missed even after a test drive and, a 207 with a fucked heater system that I didn't miss but thought would be an easy one:angry:

toyot_yaris99.jpg

Edited by tradex

Just run the cable outside the car?:P

Edited by metcars

I could put it outside the car, along the side of rear wing along the rear door into the cabin via door window with molegrip handle but, I don't the window will go all the way up then..... may cause wind noise and then a bad review? 

;)

• Haha 1

1. remove front seat
2. remove backseat bottom and right side back rest
3. pull up some carpeting
4. find and cut pieces of tape holding boot cable and petrol cap cable together
5. pull hand lever assembly out of carpet  
6. remove wire from the holder thing by twisting it clockwise 90deg 
7. pull wire out, and feed new one in
8. reassemble the car, bob's your uncle!
9 finish beer while having watched someone else do the above.

Disclaimer. I have no idea if this is the correct procedure but I highly recommened point 9!

Edited by David Ayers

B)Well I've got the made in Portugal cable from Mr Toyota an hour ago at 32 squid and ear wigged a funny conversation over a 6 month old Yaris with a more mature pensioner boy.....tyres down to 6mm on safety check "best keep an eye on those" (!) , there is no fix according to Toyota for clock and stereo resetting every few days and third attempt at fixing the door handle pulling away from the door.....quality cars them rice grinders;)

Give me a crappy old Renault any day:D

2 hours ago, David Ayers said:
1. remove front seat

Disclaimer. I have no idea if this is the correct procedure but I highly recommened point 9!

:lol:B)

Edited by tradex
  • Haha 2

Just hit the flip off with a big feckin hammer :lol:

3 hours ago, David Ayers said:
1. remove front seat

6 hours of Labour at least at dealers this would be £140per hr plus vat plus £79+ vat for cable

21 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

6 hours of Labour at least at dealers this would be £140per hr plus vat plus £79+ vat for cable

A total loss then:lol:

1 hour ago, Casper said:

Just hit the flip off with a big feckin hammer :lol:

I suppose I could advertise it with a free hammer and screwdriver, but I feel there maybe health and safety implications here even after taking the customer thru a training session on their use. 

Crowbar maybe more intuitive? 

Edited by tradex
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Plus 6 hours of beer! Thats another £100

23 minutes ago, tradex said:

A total loss then:lol:

I suppose I could advertise it with a free hammer and screwdriver, but I feel there maybe health and safety implications here even after taking the customer thru a training session on their use. 

Crowbar maybe more intuitive? 

Cost free option maybe 

Good honest previous Joe public car owner Hey , " Don't you just love them :ph34r:

The public 70% of the time have another agenda for PX ing their beloved well cared for family pet that we are oh sorry to see go :ph34r: 

Then have audacity to ask if everything works on their new proposed purchase :o

My daughter had a guy yesterday on a TT , Can i see its advertised history? , is it genuine ?, is it FULL Audi , have you verified it ?  Then goes on the present her with an A4 Diesel thats lumpy on tick over :huh: Needed new front discs 10,000 miles ago :huh: 117,000 miles and NO history :blink: told her it had a long life cambelt on , they all have lumpy tickovers cos its diesel , and he wants £5k for it :lol: She said sell it yourself and come back :D "whats your your offer he shouts back,,,,,  £250 at best she returned :lol:"

Sorry I have no idea about Yaris fuel flaps :(

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Good honest previous Joe public car owner Hey , " Don't you just love them :ph34r:

The public 70% of the time have another agenda for PX ing their beloved well cared for family pet that we are oh sorry to see go :ph34r: 

Then have audacity to ask if everything works on their new proposed purchase :o

My daughter had a guy yesterday on a TT , Can i see its advertised history? , is it genuine ?, is it FULL Audi , have you verified it ?  Then goes on the present her with an A4 Diesel thats lumpy on tick over :huh: Needed new front discs 10,000 miles ago :huh: 117,000 miles and NO history :blink: told her it had a long life cambelt on , they all have lumpy tickovers cos its diesel , and he wants £5k for it :lol: She said sell it yourself and come back :D "whats your your offer he shouts back,,,,,  £250 at best she returned :lol:"

Sorry I have no idea about Yaris fuel flaps :(

And that £250 was a very genuine offer 

• Haha 1

customer responding to vendor on their p/x...

076eb8b0-495b-11e9-8e02-95b31fc3f54a_ima

customer asking about vendors car...

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by tradex
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Casper said:

And that £250 was a very genuine offer 

Casper the A4  Actually booked at £1,900 Clean on CAP , £1,450 0n Autotrader 

Bag of shite it was Casper , I thought the daughter was being very GENUINE Indeed :ph34r::lol:

5 hours ago, David Horgan said:

5 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Casper the A4  Actually booked at £1,900 Clean on CAP , £1,450 0n Autotrader 

Bag of shite it was Casper , I thought the daughter was being very GENUINE Indeed :ph34r::lol:

Love it if you can't beat em join em .

Edited by Casper

Surely you could bodge something up so the fuel flap doesn’t actually lock? Just remove the lock mechanism and make it a push to open ;)

2 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

Surely you could bodge something up so the fuel flap doesn’t actually lock? Just remove the lock mechanism and make it a push to open ;)

Just remove it for God's sakes.

Normally yaris' at that age have yellow lights

Selotape on bumpers

Discolored paint

Missing wheel trims

Dents all over at random areas

13 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

Sprung loaded flaps, ooooer. 

1 former, straight as, all the doors, more history than the Tower of London, only 42k, that's an average of just over 3k per year...... BCA Tony? 

Edited by tradex
  • Like 1

On 10/11/2019 at 9:24 AM, tradex said:

Had a 2006 Yaris but older shape, chopped in and the very honest, upright and "never missed a let me down, breaking my heart, hope this one will be as reliable as my old car" customer must have had memory failure during the handover.....

...the fuel filler flap hasn't worked since early September according to the garage invoice that he forgot to remove and, low and behold, it still doesn't work, funny that.....which was a tad frustrating last night, 16 miles from home in the pissing rain, trying to put fuel in the bloody thing....amazing what a credit type card does though, saw that on Columbo years ago, never thought it would come in handy.

I've looked at the cable and I'm thinking Toyota started off with a cable and, then built the whole car around this bowden cable.

Google doesn't give me too much to go on, anyone had to do this job on one of Toyotas finest (sic) , slim shot but worth asking for a heads up before I get the angle grinder out to cut off the nearside rear wing.....I hate p/x cars.

Got a Megane here needing a clutch that only slips when hot in top that I missed even after a test drive and, a 207 with a fucked heater system that I didn't miss but thought would be an easy one:angry:

toyot_yaris99.jpg

We just took a toyota yaris verso in px and this is how you fix it tradex

19 minutes ago, Tony911 said:

We just took a toyota yaris verso in px and this is how you fix it tradex

For god sakes it won't let me upload the image, but basically it's a metal hinge:D

Edited by Tony911