Sign in to follow this  
SouthernTrader

Advert Views

Sold a cheap part exchange last week £995 - a grand under its retail as it had a few little issues.

4600 views on the advert before a viewing let alone a sale! Loads of interest from people not reading the advert and thinking it was a proper retail car which were turned down for viewings.

Got me thinking what’s the most views you’ve had on a car before you actually sold it?

I am put off by stock that generates too many ad views or too much interest before sale, especially if that takes a long time.  If I can have 1 ad view and 1 sale within 20 days I will be happier than 1000 ad views, 20 emails, 5 calls, 3 viewings and 1 sale in 15 days. 

Typically though the stock with the most ad views sells fastest. 

We had a Panda 100HP. Had it for about 4 months in total, was a Cat D - so was expecting it to stay a while, but so much fun to drive we ended up putting about 3k miles on it! - Each eBay listing got over 1500 views. So, that makes 6,000 internet armchair 'buyers' before someone bought it.

Also had a BMW 316i SE Auto (NEVER AGAIN!) - Had it 9 months. Each eBay listing got over 500 views from the internet expects.

Both turned a healthy profit, and no negotion so can't complain! - Got sick of seeing the BMW especially, Panda was a hoot!

On the other hand - a Saab 9-5. £550 tax so was expecting it to hang around... Listed it at about 10:30 - 13 ad views later and the new owner is driving it away at 3PM.

Funny old game.....

• Like 1