Arfur Dealy

Where have all the "what's the lasta Prica brigade gone?"

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, J.T said:

Unless it's something VAG where the first question is always has the cambelt been changed, my response to people asking that now is "is it a belt or a chain?" 

I’ve just switched on eBay to which I saw I’d had an email regarding a VW. Guess what he was asking about......:lol:

WTF is wrong with VAG men? On Friday one of them phoned up with the same question to which I answered “Yes, over the years it’s had a few actually”. He thanked me for the information & rang off! What’s that all about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BHM said:

I’ve just switched on eBay to which I saw I’d had an email regarding a VW. Guess what he was asking about......:lol:

WTF is wrong with VAG men? On Friday one of them phoned up with the same question to which I answered “Yes, over the years it’s had a few actually”. He thanked me for the information & rang off! What’s that all about?

VAG idiots love to worry, and even do some worrying for others too.;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a gentleman on eBay who has offered me a great deal, £1500 for my £4500 Porsche Cayenne, I told him We would be happy to accept that offer, I’ll wait till he turns up then tell him it just sold the minute before he arrived :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

I have a gentleman on eBay who has offered me a great deal, £1500 for my £4500 Porsche Cayenne, I told him We would be happy to accept that offer, I’ll wait till he turns up then tell him it just sold the minute before he arrived :lol:

Are  you the chap that offered £1500?   Really.... someone else just turned up I sold it for a grand. Can't beleive this I thought you weren't coming.

 

:lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Are  you the chap that offered £1500?   Really.... someone else just turned up I sold it for a grand. Can't beleive this I thought you weren't coming.

 

:lol:

:lol: LIKE

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guy is wanting to pay a holding deposit; does anyone have the bank details for a cash for kids charity or something like that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

cash for kids 

I'm not Googling that, i'll end up on a register.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, J.T said:

I'm not Googling that, i'll end up on a register.

:lol: nearly spat my coco pops out reading that :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, J.T said:

I'm not Googling that, i'll end up on a register.

They cant put you on there twice you will be ok B)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2019 at 7:44 PM, Arfur Dealy said:

Serious point this... I cannot remember the last time a jolly foreigner has rung or emailed asking this for a long time...... neither am I getting "will you take £xxxx"

It's almost as though Ebay has put a 'best/last price' filter on emails

I signed up on 12 months ebay/gumtree package a couple of months ago and  really regretting this now. 1 lead in 2 months! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2019 at 6:16 PM, BHM said:

+1.

Confirmed buyers only, deposit upfront confirms your intent to buy based on accuracy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mr VAG man is obviously busy as he asked Mrs VAG man to ring on his behalf on friday, "I'm ringing on behalf of my husband, are the stamps Skoda main dealer?" I don't know I say looking at the torrential rain outside. "Could you get soaking wet and go and have a look and I'll call you back, because I'm too lazy to come and have a look at the car myself", ok she didn't actually say that but that's what I was hearing. I get wet, she rings back, yes they are I say it has 4 stamps all main dealer, "what's the date on the stamps?" No offence love but I just got bleeding soaked and I'm not going out there again! 

Then came the question I was waiting for all along, "has the cambelt been changed?", so I immediately counter with is it a belt or a chain on those? "Ooh I don't know, what's the difference?" "All I know is they are supposed to be changed every 3 months or 300 miles according to what internet says"

I really must stop buying VAG cars, it's not good for my stress levels!! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, J.T said:

Mr VAG man is obviously busy as he asked Mrs VAG man to ring on his behalf on friday

In my experience this is because Mrs. VAG man is actually more of a man than Mr. VAG man because he’s nowt but a spineless bellend repeating parrot fashion every bit of shite that is spewed across the Internet, pretending to worry about every aspect of his potential purchase in order to make a pathetically low offer which he’s praying you don’t accept because he hasn’t got the money anyway and even if he did, could he just check the Volkswagen wallet again “in order to check the veracity of the information contained within the documentation, by means of main dealer service stamps, against the manufacturers service schedule in order to satisfy myself as to the calibre of the previous owner”. Wankers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BHM said:

In my experience this is because Mrs. VAG man is actually more of a man than Mr. VAG man because he’s nowt but a spineless bellend repeating parrot fashion every bit of shite that is spewed across the Internet, pretending to worry about every aspect of his potential purchase in order to make a pathetically low offer which he’s praying you don’t accept because he hasn’t got the money anyway and even if he did, could he just check the Volkswagen wallet again “in order to check the veracity of the information contained within the documentation, by means of main dealer service stamps, against the manufacturers service schedule in order to satisfy myself as to the calibre of the previous owner”. Wankers.

:0)

Amen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J.T said:

Mr VAG man is obviously busy as he asked Mrs VAG man to ring on his behalf on friday, "I'm ringing on behalf of my husband, are the stamps Skoda main dealer?" I don't know I say looking at the torrential rain outside. "Could you get soaking wet and go and have a look and I'll call you back, because I'm too lazy to come and have a look at the car myself", ok she didn't actually say that but that's what I was hearing. I get wet, she rings back, yes they are I say it has 4 stamps all main dealer, "what's the date on the stamps?" No offence love but I just got bleeding soaked and I'm not going out there again! 

Then came the question I was waiting for all along, "has the cambelt been changed?", so I immediately counter with is it a belt or a chain on those? "Ooh I don't know, what's the difference?" "All I know is they are supposed to be changed every 3 months or 300 miles according to what internet says"

I really must stop buying VAG cars, it's not good for my stress levels!! :lol:

3 months or 300 miles, I'd love to be their local garage:lol:.

So that's what, a quid per mile on cambelts, or £2 if chain! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my first "Hi, your car, what discount can you offer because..." in months.

Apparently you're a rude c**t for saying that the cheaper "privately" advertised base model that you saw in Friday nights auction with three months ticket sounds like a cracker and to snap their hand off.

Some people just can't handle good advice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BHM said:

In my experience this is because Mrs. VAG man is actually more of a man than Mr. VAG man because he’s nowt but a spineless bellend repeating parrot fashion every bit of shite that is spewed across the Internet, pretending to worry about every aspect of his potential purchase in order to make a pathetically low offer which he’s praying you don’t accept because he hasn’t got the money anyway and even if he did, could he just check the Volkswagen wallet again “in order to check the veracity of the information contained within the documentation, by means of main dealer service stamps, against the manufacturers service schedule in order to satisfy myself as to the calibre of the previous owner”. Wankers.

Shockingly accurate.

In my experience the ~ 3K VAG stuff in particular attracts the biggest PITA punters I’ve ever experienced; they’ve not got a pot to spit in, yet they’re expecting absolute perfection.

Edited by 15Cars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had an email message on a Clio which was brief even by Fleabay standards. 

Clio at £,3995.

Message from 'numbknuts1999' with zero feedback reads :-     3

 

 

 

 

.....that's it, not £3k, £3,000, £300 or three quid, just '3'....so much effort in that diatribe I can almost feel their pain:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had someone a few weeks back came to look at a mint but over average mileage Focus RS we had in.  Seemed genuine, looking all over it but oddly taking pictures.  Was pretty much told to F/O when he announced it was to update the RS Focus web forum or something as he was the nearest member.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Contracts said:

Had someone a few weeks back came to look at a mint but over average mileage Focus RS we had in.  Seemed genuine, looking all over it but oddly taking pictures.  Was pretty much told to F/O when he announced it was to update the RS Focus web forum or something as he was the nearest member.

Could possibly lead to a sale though? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

Could possibly lead to a sale though? 

or a clone:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last price brigade were out this weekend,  

3 different messers on a Crossfire, up for £3995. Punter how much will you take for it? Me : What's your offer? Punter: NO Reply. 

1 messer on a Mondeo Titanium estate, up for £4995. Same questions. Got a reply back from this one £4200. My reply: wish you would of that question when you called as I would of told you not to come down. 

Some of these people are travelling upto 2 hours. Don't know what they get out of it . The only good thing come out of it none of them went out on test drives. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, A & S said:

The last price brigade were out this weekend,  

3 different messers on a Crossfire, up for £3995. Punter how much will you take for it? Me : What's your offer? Punter: NO Reply. 

1 messer on a Mondeo Titanium estate, up for £4995. Same questions. Got a reply back from this one £4200. My reply: wish you would of that question when you called as I would of told you not to come down. 

Some of these people are travelling upto 2 hours. Don't know what they get out of it . The only good thing come out of it none of them went out on test drives. 

 

Sunday messers? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, tradex said:

Sunday messers? 

Can't even call them customers....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.