All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. we now have a 2 tier society those scared and those that dont give a toss open your business up and work out which group is IN WHICH GROUP and don't give me the baloney we have a perspex screen up and pathetic handwipes by the door just sayin.....
  3. well more pertinantly are you brave enough to go? I stopped going 20 years ago when the clientele decided toilets were for perching on rather than sitting on I sent a link of the future to james last night hopefully hes working on it for you guys still in the last century the futures bright but it's not orange
  4. boris at 17.10 on the government briefing = "we will set out what moving to step two means for other areas such as none essential retail and more social contact other the next week"
  5. There’s pitches near me that have never shut, been open all through lockdown but for viewing on appointment only.
  6. Halfpenny

Hertz

The bankruptcy affects only the US and Canada operations. They have the best part of $20bn of debts! Their international operations are seperate and not affect so the 30k vehicles a month are US only. US car rental companies tend to buy cars outright and then dispose of them themselves. UK rental companies generally use buyback agreements with the manufacturers. Europcar and Sixt have already had bailouts (France and Germany, respectively) but expect to see a lot of rentals coming onto the market in any case. Almost nobody is renting cars at the moment.
  7. As above, its not been announced yet. "Plan for the worst, hope for the best".
  8. Having read the governments "our plan to rebuild" i see it as 4th july earliest, i think a lot of people are reading into the restrictions and think it applies to them, it does not, lets look at car showrooms, particularly picked out as well as car auctions to be closed to visitors . do you actually run a car showroom ? or do you do car sales [ a none essential business ? ] car showrooms if run properly can easily abide to the rules although, as i have said earlier on in the month if you restrict the amount of customers in, and that customer spends a hour or two with you, how many actual customers can you get in a day, compared to lets say a supermarket? so, bottom line, will you make money? this bit from the governments "plan to rebuild" =● Opening non-essential retail when and where it is safe to do so, and subject to those retailers being able to follow the new COVID-19 Secure guidelines. The intention is for this to happen in phases from 1 June; the Government will issue further guidance shortly on the approach that will be taken to phasing, including which businesses will be covered in each phase and the timeframes involved. All other sectors that are currently closed, including hospitality and personal care, are not able to re-open at this point because the risk of transmission in these environments is higher. The opening of such sectors is likely to take place in phases during step three, as set out below. as you see, the word, phases, can a physical car auction follow the covid 19 guidelines ? no, can a indoor car warehouse, full of cars abide ? mmmm, make your own mind up, can a used car forecourt with doors locked and constantly being cleaned abide ? mmmm from what i understand, and do not quote me on this, they are meeting right now, and letting us know monday [thursday ? ] which can open, and which is to stay close "phasing"
  9. Don’t normally believe everything I read in the Mail but it does seem likely, especially with the increasing pressure from some car manufacturers and with JLR after a massive government loan.
  10. they have £92 million in the bank,what they are doing is protecting their assets by filing for chapter 11 this means their assetts are all secured from a creditor trying to wind them up,its the best thing they cane do in these uncertain times but I note the paperwork they submitted was short on ink and there was definitely a scrape on the bottom of page 3 that wasnt there when they originally got the paperwork
  11. CCC

Hertz

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/may/23/car-rental-firm-hertz-files-for-bankruptcy-protection-in-us No mention of Uk numbers but I’m guessing some of the 30,000 cars per month they will be selling off will be in the UK?
  12. Daily Mail seems to think so... Boris Johnson is set to ease restrictions for outdoor activities https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8351461/Boris-Johnson-set-ease-restrictions-outdoor-activities.html
  13. Last week
  14. Hope you were social distancing on the new year revolutions private jet
  15. The book will soon be a thing of the past with all the electronic service logs for new cars
  16. just flew in to see tom this afternoon he says you can all get flecked
  17. Welcome to the Forum Steve, all the best with your new venture. Ashley
  18. Moral of the story is when having your car serviced make sure they use a rubber to stamp the book
  19. They are think it mostly commercials vehicles nows . Its a bca site
  20. No ,BCA or ADT whatever it was called bought out Beiths and set up in Royston Road.I think they are still there.
  21. Yes I noticed WBAC are operating again but kicking them in the *****cks
  1. Load more activity