Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

Abusive enquiries

Recommended Posts

Ebay PX enquiry. I asked this guy four times to call to discuss his PX. Mr C if you want me to make an offer to buy your cars then I need to know what I am buying, please call me... Anyways on after my fourth very polite reply repeating "please call me" he emails me saying I am a "rude c_nt"......... 

My reply..... I know I should of just ignored the twat...

When purchasing an item online, what would even the most uneducated moronic cretinous idiot do, even if all they could drool and wet themselves, I am sure they would know the first basic rule......... You MUST read the description fully. 

If the sellers advert politely requests.... Please call if you wish to discuss PX......What do you think that means ? 

A. Call to discuss your PX with the person you want to sell PX with ?
B. Tell your carer that your nappy needs changing ?
C. Stick your finger in your ass, poke it around, then confirm you are yes full of shit ?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Ebay PX enquiry. I asked this guy four times to call to discuss his PX. Mr C if you want me to make an offer to buy your cars then I need to know what I am buying, please call me... Anyways on after my fourth very polite reply repeating "please call me" he emails me saying I am a "rude c_nt"......... 

My reply..... I know I should of just ignored the twat...

When purchasing an item online, what would even the most uneducated moronic cretinous idiot do, even if all they could drool and wet themselves, I am sure they would know the first basic rule......... You MUST read the description fully. 

If the sellers advert politely requests.... Please call if you wish to discuss PX......What do you think that means ? 

A. Call to discuss your PX with the person you want to sell PX with ?
B. Tell your carer that your nappy needs changing ?
C. Stick your finger in your ass, poke it around, then confirm you are yes full of shit ?

I love option C!! :lol::lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people just cannot handle a conversation on the phone anymore.

They want all enquiries done via email or text message actually speaking to someone is just so old fashioned now.

When a customer turns up and looks sheepish the first thing that often bumbles out of their mouth is "whats the best price" not because they are rude just because they have no idea how to communicate.

Out of curiosity though, could you have not valued the p/x by email conversation, asking all the questions needed to value it ?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Max Branning said:

Some people just cannot handle a conversation on the phone anymore.

They want all enquiries done via email or text message actually speaking to someone is just so old fashioned now.

 

This! Not forgetting they don't 'want' to communicate face to face or by phone or at least only as a last resort. The ambiquity of  text/email's feeds into the low ball/everything for nothing/best last price culture

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Max Branning said:

Some people just cannot handle a conversation on the phone anymore.

They want all enquiries done via email or text message actually speaking to someone is just so old fashioned now.

When a customer turns up and looks sheepish the first thing that often bumbles out of their mouth is "whats the best price" not because they are rude just because they have no idea how to communicate.

Out of curiosity though, could you have not valued the p/x by email conversation, asking all the questions needed to value it ?

 

Quite simply no. I want to hear him answer my questions, I need to know if I WANT to do business with him. End of. 

And to confirm I was right, because this little shit called me a Cxnt because I wanted to speak to him !! If you think that’s acceptable you are in a completely different world to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We hate eBay messages and especially texts. In the past, spent countless hours reply to all of them.

Anything we receive, they get a reply asking them to call. Our eBay has an auto-reply.

I don't think we have ever got someone who has sent an eBay message or text has ever called. And if they start communication that way, they'll be messaging and texting at 1:00am expecting an instant reply.

If someone wants the car, they'll call - eBay & Text messages are (in our experience) all timewasters. Best/Last Price etc

Wasn't it BT that said 'It's good to talk'?

 

I'm guessing he is going with option C

If he does turn up with his Part X - I wouldn't shake his hand :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, D&M said:

We hate eBay messages and especially texts. In the past, spent countless hours reply to all of them.

Anything we receive, they get a reply asking them to call. Our eBay has an auto-reply.

I don't think we have ever got someone who has sent an eBay message or text has ever called. And if they start communication that way, they'll be messaging and texting at 1:00am expecting an instant reply.

If someone wants the car, they'll call - eBay & Text messages are (in our experience) all timewasters. Best/Last Price etc

Wasn't it BT that said 'It's good to talk'?

 

I'm guessing he is going with option C

If he does turn up with his Part X - I wouldn't shake his hand :lol:

Have you got an eBay motors pro account? If so how did you set up an auto reply and what does it say if you don't mind me asking? An auto reply would be amazing as I really don't like giving these cockwombles my time.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

Have you got an eBay motors pro account? If so how did you set up an auto reply and what does it say if you don't mind me asking? An auto reply would be amazing as I really don't like giving these cockwombles my time.....

No, we don't have an eBay Motors Pro.

I googled how to do it, as follows:

Go to eBay, Click 'Messages' - On the Message Page, Click 'Change Settings' on the right hand side. That should bring up the page where you can turn on your 'out of office' reply. Ours says

"Hi!

Thank you for your message. We are away from the office at the moment and unable to reply via eBay message.

We are able to be contacted on our mobile phones, so please don't hesitate to give us a call on:"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, D&M said:

No, we don't have an eBay Motors Pro.

I googled how to do it, as follows:

Go to eBay, Click 'Messages' - On the Message Page, Click 'Change Settings' on the right hand side. That should bring up the page where you can turn on your 'out of office' reply. Ours says

"Hi!

Thank you for your message. We are away from the office at the moment and unable to reply via eBay message.

We are able to be contacted on our mobile phones, so please don't hesitate to give us a call on:"

 

Thanks for the reply, I'll give that a go! 

That's the perfect solution as anyone genuine will ring, however I suspect most won't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

Thanks for the reply, I'll give that a go! 

That's the perfect solution as anyone genuine will ring, however I suspect most won't. 

Just to add, if you didn't know.... If someone does message you, you still receive the message they send so can see what they've said.

Up to you if after then you reply or not, but it's good to know that having an auto-reply doesn't mean you'll miss something (unlikely though!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading some of these posts i cannot understand why you would want to put a barrier up for a potential customer.

Yes a lot of email enquiries are no goes but a lot lead to sales.

Not everybody wants to talk on the phone, some people get nervous or are worried that a dealer will try and talk them in to something, just because we are confident doing deals over the phone does not mean everyone is.

I will always respond to an email and try and answer as many questions as possible, normally ending with "if you would like to discuss in more detail feel free to give me a call "

I have sold many many cars off the back of email conversations so blocking people makes no sense to me.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The day it can all be done over email and the customers turn up to collect the car from a locked room accessing it via a pincode can't come quick enough for me :lol::lol::lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Max Branning said:

Reading some of these posts i cannot understand why you would want to put a barrier up for a potential customer.

Yes a lot of email enquiries are no goes but a lot lead to sales.

Not everybody wants to talk on the phone, some people get nervous or are worried that a dealer will try and talk them in to something, just because we are confident doing deals over the phone does not mean everyone is.

I will always respond to an email and try and answer as many questions as possible, normally ending with "if you would like to discuss in more detail feel free to give me a call "

I have sold many many cars off the back of email conversations so blocking people makes no sense to me.

 

I have no issues with genuine email enquiries, but get sick of the 'midnight ebay club' messers, sending silly, insulting messages. That is why I would like to put an auto reply.

Email enquiries are fine, ebay idiots are not......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

I have no issues with genuine email enquiries, but get sick of the 'midnight ebay club' messers, sending silly, insulting messages. That is why I would like to put an auto reply.

Email enquiries are fine, ebay idiots are not......

Not everyone on ebay is an idiot though.

The way people post on here its like every single buyer that enquires from ebay is a time waster when from my own experience its not true.

Yes you will get messers, thats part of the game, but how long does it take to reply to a message or email, maybe a couple of minutes and you have done everything possible to build confidence in your potential customer.

This then either leads to a sale or it leads to nothing, at least you have done your bit.

Just putting a barrier up telling people to ring only is not a good way to build initial confidence from a customer and more likely they will go somewhere else.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you think perhaps the main reason you get people who continuously come at you with "best offer" on an Ebay add is perhaps because Ebay is in fact an auction site and the majority of items on there you do actually bid on to try and get it for as cheap as you can?

So it's not that they are always cheeky/rude customers,they are actually type of customer you would expect to attract from a site like Ebay... don't forget it's not AT so we don't expect AT type customers ?

That's not to say alot aren't just time wasters/morons but if you advertise on an auction site then expect to get bids... 

Thoughts ? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm with Max here.  We get messers occasionally from no matter where the advert is; and certainly no more from ebay (Motors Pro) than any others.

I have (honestly) sold a few cars-even recently- where it's been 100% email communication and the customer hasn't even seen the car until they collect it or we deliver!

If you have a good reputation, have faith in your stock and are honest, you will do business this way-If you want to or can be bothered.

Some people just don't want the hassle -or want to limit the face to face or verbal communication- as a car to some people is just a means of transport.

You still have to qualify them, get deposits or full payment upfront, and yes- if the initial communication is 'text speak or best price?' I WILL reply to them but asking them to call. If they continue to text or email, I will reply once more and then move on.  I personally don't care or take offence if they become abusive. Heard it all before and doesn't bother me as it's so rare it's mildly amusing.

If I get a text, I ring the number from the landline and never text back.

For me, the 10% of idiots you do get, still need to be replied to professionally.  It only takes a couple of minutes of your time. Unfortunately some people's spelling, grammar etc. or lack of, doesn't enable them to effectively communicate.  You often will find that if you persevere with them that, on collection or viewing, they are completely different than the impression given.

However, I will admit there are some complete fools out there and all you can do is politely reply and move on/don't let them get to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As above I've sold cars via ebay message many times. Don't discount it completely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Max Branning said:

Not everyone on ebay is an idiot though.

The way people post on here its like every single buyer that enquires from ebay is a time waster when from my own experience its not true.

Yes you will get messers, thats part of the game, but how long does it take to reply to a message or email, maybe a couple of minutes and you have done everything possible to build confidence in your potential customer.

This then either leads to a sale or it leads to nothing, at least you have done your bit.

Just putting a barrier up telling people to ring only is not a good way to build initial confidence from a customer and more likely they will go somewhere else.

 

Max, I see it very differently. He’s put up the barrier buy not following simple basic polite instructions. If he is that moronic he can’t pick up the phone then that’s his issue. 

I replied 4 times asking him politely to give me a call. Explaining every car is different and if you want me to purchase yours, then I need to discuss it with you. That’s all.

If you think its perfectly acceptable for him to email me a load abuse and to call me c_nt repeatedly, you are on a completely different page to me. 

To confirm, I develop lots of business initially by email, as we all do :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cars ne said:

only emails I get when I put cars on eBay is   BEST PRICE 

I know the feeling well! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Ebay:

你的车要亲爱的

Translation:

You're car too dear!

Morale of story:
Even the sodding chinese take the pi$$ on ebay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve just looked through all of my recent eBay message inbox. Dozens of enquiries, all mostly polite, sensible and pretty legible, asking sensible questions. There are a couple of ‘What’s your best price’. 

Some asking about detailed service history etc. Others asking about finance options, delivery and mostly ‘is this car still available?’  From there they have all been replied to and we have received follow up emails, calls and sales.

No abuse- apart from a mildly sarcastic/amusing and quite right to be honest, line of ‘Why is this Puma SO expensive?’

A couple of Best Offers about a grand off the asking price on cars at 4K up.  Politely declined obviously, but you do often then get further correspondence and you can deal sometimes  

ebaymotors pro is a great platform, honest  

eBay auction is a different story.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this