Sign in to follow this  
Grantlfc81

Price of cars north vs south

Recommended Posts

Is there a massive difference in price of cars up north, say Yorkshire, compared to prices at London / essex auctions?

just looking at more avenues for getting stock in. 

Im noticing that cars up north on eBay are about 10% cheaper on average compared to down here.

is anyone buying stock online, getting the train up and driving back down?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its grim up norf, Moved from London 10 years ago to the north and cars deffo seem cheaper to what we see in London for example. our cheapest stock comes from scotland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that online purchasing has ended regional differences.

No more nicking small auto's off the 'carrot crunchers':D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I regularly buy out of Washington online and pay for delivery to Exeter, I’ve had some real bargains. 

That is amazing,I can honestly say that is the best endorsement I have heard about Washington in 20 years !

3 hours ago, Dan W said:

Its grim up norf, Moved from London 10 years ago to the north and cars deffo seem cheaper to what we see in London for example. our cheapest stock comes from scotland

Yes,I agree,cheap hammer down prices,but by the time you have done the paintwork etc..... Being a northern trader,.I used to buy there 4 days a week ,every week.However,for the past 20 years,we have bought ‘daan saaf’. ....Everyone to their own I suppose !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I regularly buy out of Washington online and pay for delivery to Exeter, I’ve had some real bargains. 

that surprise me I'm only 20 min away from there and it would be the last auction I went to lol last time I was there nearly every car was scrap or had a story .

 

glad I don't have to buy from  auctions anymore not been for about 6 years now .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, trade vet said:

That is amazing,I can honestly say that is the best endorsement I have heard about Washington in 20 years !

Yes,I agree,cheap hammer down prices,but by the time you have done the paintwork etc..... Being a northern trader,.I used to buy there 4 days a week ,every week.However,for the past 20 years,we have bought ‘daan saaf’. ....Everyone to their own I suppose !

Yes, I also buy out of Colchester:) BIN + delivery, being in the Southwest the availablility is less and the prices are higher, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Yes, I also buy out of Colchester:) BIN + delivery, being in the Southwest the availablility is less and the prices are higher, 

AD,I haven’t been to Colchester for years,we used to get some good stuff there.They had this brilliant auctioneer,I have never seen so many ‘quick knocks’......Have you tried WOMA,no quick knocks but a lot of your stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes there’s definitely a difference in the selling prices - you southern boys certainly like a drink on your prices! After saying that, I think the trade prices are pretty similar (the internet has seen to that) it’s just a question of mark-ups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BHM said:

Yes there’s definitely a difference in the selling prices - you southern boys certainly like a drink on your prices! After saying that, I think the trade prices are pretty similar (the internet has seen to that) it’s just a question of mark-ups.

Comes down in part to the running costs down here though. I definitely charge more for an Astra than a guy up North but my rent and rates are crazy in comparison. Mechanics charge more per hour, paint is more expensive etc. I often look into the Midlands area, the other halfs family live in a nice bit, and I recently found a 40 car forecourt I could buy outright for the same price as four years rent on my site down here...never quite as simple as just that but it's always interesting to look around

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this