Sign in to follow this  
rich89

High value insurance

Recommended Posts

I know there's a good range of traders on here so looking for some suggestions if possible. 

Our current limit is 50k per car but we need 100k maybe even higher. 

Our current insurer isn't willing to do it due to my age (28) and I remember a when I started out how hard it was to find a company willing to do upto 50k due to the bulk being performance cars. 

Anyone know of any insurers that may be able to offer a policy? 

Trading for 3 years, no claims at all and cars are kept in a nice area with decent security. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say,if I was an  underwriter,I would be sceptical of a young trader with only 3 years experience dealing in ‘footballer type stock’.I would want to see 2 good  sets of audited accounts to establish credibility.....If you cannot get a main line insurer with proper cover,maybe you should change your business model......What’s the latest on BCA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are trying to change our business model haha. 

Surely 28 isn't really a risky age? 

Ive been around cars of high value for years so not like I'm inexperienced. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always found a company called Brentacre Swansea to do a lot of odd ball stuff maybe worth a shot the guys name is john you need to speak to. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rich89 said:

We are trying to change our business model haha. 

Surely 28 isn't really a risky age? 

Ive been around cars of high value for years so not like I'm inexperienced. 

When I was 28, I thought (divorced with 2 children) that I was old and wise - Now aged 44, I look back at under 30's and realise my many mistakes and how young (and a risk) I was to any insurer, bank or any other organisation.

I am sure there are some 60 somethings on here, whom think the same about 44 year olds.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have to put up with old and young cretins all the time, just because someone is older it doesn’t mean they are wiser. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

When I was 28, I thought (divorced with 2 children) that I was old and wise - Now aged 44, I look back at under 30's and realise my many mistakes and how young (and a risk) I was to any insurer, bank or any other organisation.

I am sure there are some 60 somethings on here, whom think the same about 44 year olds.

 

Ha. Don't think I'm old but definitely wise when it comes to cars. 

We own another business that is based purely on supercars so it's not like I don't know anything about them. 

I would hope the risk wouldn't be me, more so the customers. 

I'll ring a few of the suggestions tomorrow and see what they say. 

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, rich89 said:

Ha. Don't think I'm old but definitely wise when it comes to cars. 

We own another business that is based purely on supercars so it's not like I don't know anything about them. 

I would hope the risk wouldn't be me, more so the customers. 

I'll ring a few of the suggestions tomorrow and see what they say. 

Thanks. 

John France @ Premier insurance Winsford Cheshire is worth a shout.

I have no issue with performance stock on our policy and I am of similar age to you. 

01606 863400

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just updating to say I got new insurance. 

For an unbelievable premium considering the figures etc. 

Went with premiere insurance so thank you very much for the recommendation. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this