Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

Best background colour for exterior photo's ?

Recommended Posts

Erm...We all know how difficult it is to find the right spot ;););) .......... Years ago there was Morrison's close to me which had a lovely corrugated grey wall (shaded) aswell. Light Dove grey is my favorite, my warehouse is white inside (painted breeze blocks) and at home I have a lovely laurel hedge, however its dependent of the right light....... I'm thinking of painting an area in my unit grey and getting some glossy floor covering to make really look good and stand out, do you think it will be money well spent ?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do neither and get yourself a photoshopper 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the pictures you take at home Simon, I think that is as near perfect as you can hope for.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EPV said:

Do neither and get yourself a photoshopper 

Tried that, it doesn't look real....

2 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

I really like the pictures you take at home Simon, I think that is as near perfect as you can hope for.

 

Thanks Mark, but its green......176891_10_big.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Tried that, it doesn't look real....

I have no idea how James does it and since he let the cat out of the bag regarding Photoshop, I have studied his pictures and still can't tell they're shopped.

5 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Tried that, it doesn't look real....

Thanks Mark, but its green......176891_10_big.jpg

See for me, that is 100% on the money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

176891_36_big.jpg

Yes, but a nice grey background with a gloss silvery grey floor would look stunning, also it would be available consistently....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

176891_36_big.jpg

Yes, but a nice grey background with a gloss silvery grey floor would look stunning, also it would be available consistently....

As it stands, I prefer your home images.

Having said that, I would be tempted with some quality tiles on the floor (high gloss), plasterboard and skim the two visible walls and have a nice quality sign made for the back drop.  Then you're talking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think green looks perfect mate. If it ain’t broke...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely green. More and more people are going with dedicated and clinical photo areas these days.

Out if curiousty EPV how does your photoshopping work? Do you do them or do you send images out? If so how long does the process take? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, c_cars said:

Definitely green. More and more people are going with dedicated and clinical photo areas these days.

Out if curiousty EPV how does your photoshopping work? Do you do them or do you send images out? If so how long does the process take? 

 

That is, i’m afraid a secret but I send them out to a bloke who does them very cheaply. £1 per photo. But I can’t say where or all you buggers will want him....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, EPV said:

That is, i’m afraid a secret but I send them out to a bloke who does them very cheaply. £1 per photo. But I can’t say where or all you buggers will want him....

Should say it was £2 and we had to send them to you easy money :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AD.......you could go one better.There is a ex Police guy in Manchester who operates as Altered Images who can generate images to make your unit or whatever look any way you want and he is very cheap.He certainly helped us out .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, justina3 said:

Should say it was £2 and we had to send them to you easy money :ph34r:

Doh! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EPV said:

That is, i’m afraid a secret but I send them out to a bloke who does them very cheaply. £1 per photo. But I can’t say where or all you buggers will want him....

So how much on average do you spend on Photoshop per car?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MSP Motors said:

So how much on average do you spend on Photoshop per car?

About £20 mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tradex said:

Simon, I like your backgrounds as they are, similar to ours. 

Nice natural backdrop somehow gives a look of I don't know, more approachable, more open, warm comfy a proper guy on tbe end of the phone, I'm searching for the right words. 

Those clinical backdrops look good but don't give off friendly vibes.....maybe it's me:D

I'm with you.... I agree it does look homely....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

EPV & TV  can  you show a before and after... I'm  very intrigued...

Image result for wreckedcar

23042226.jpg

Top stuff eh?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tradex said:

Don't the punters clock the amount of doors or am I being silly? 

I couldn't sell it so added a couple of extra ones, still can't sell it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, tradex said:

Nice natural backdrop somehow gives a look of I don't know, more approachable, more open, warm comfy a proper guy on tbe end of the phone, I'm searching for the right words. 

Those clinical backdrops look good but don't give off friendly vibes.....maybe it's me:D

There was a dealer in the Midlands a few years ago using a sky background with cotswold stone on the ground, kind of like a beach effect colour scheme!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, tradex said:

Silver, change the colour too, metallic orange, hmmm;)

That car has provided me with golden rule number one, don't buy silver cars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cars in a industrial unit with breeze block walls always look "cold", thick pile astroturf on the floor [ not all the floor :D] and get a large poster made up with your trading name at the top and the background of the poster in your chosen grey colour .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd normally say outside photos but tbh there I'd say your inside one is a lot better, the car looks better down its sides as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this