Sign in to follow this  
MrC

Its not just used cars

Recommended Posts

Im selling a mountain bike, its pretty cheap for what it is as I need to make space for a new one.. (Garage full of crap you know the script)

Stuck it on Facebook last night. Very descriptive advert and with the words genuine buyers and no offers.

Im convinced the Human race is on a very slippery slope. I've have ever bottom feeder and his dog, with either best offer for CASH,  swapz for gold chains and can i have more info and pictures.. There are 10 pics and a thorough advert what fucking more do you want.. Its a bicycle!

Best one so far is a guy about 10 miles away asking if I can do a video!!

Give me strength

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These people have always been there.. Its social media that has given them a World wide stage. Unfortunately there is no filter between us and them. 

 

Im on various T5 Facebook pages only cause of the business Im in. The numb ass questions that get posted on them are beyond stupid. I mean eyewateringly numb. Im amazed some of these people manage to get dressed in the morning

 

RIP common sense

Edited by MrC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MrC said:

These people have always been there.. Its social media that has given them a World wide stage. Unfortunately there is no filter between us and them. 

 

Im on various T5 Facebook pages only cause of the business Im in. The numb ass questions that get posted on them are beyond stupid. I mean eyewateringly numb. Im amazed some of these people manage to get dressed in the morning

 

RIP common sense

+ 1

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday I needed to buy one BMW alloy wheel quickly and found one on eBay not far. £60 (just a bit dearer than a weld repair on a cracked one). 

Pressed Buy It Now, paid him with PayPal and collected it within a couple of hours. No haggling, no best offers. When I went to collect the guy said that he sells bits on eBay all the time and he never had someone buy so easy. He gets emails all the time, best offers, retractions of offers etc. The only platform generating more grief for him was Facebook :-)

Edited by Nick M.K.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, the halcyon days of retailing anything are well and truly over.  This is the new 'normal'. My daughter runs a small online business selling make-up. She used ebay and depop selling platforms. Most of the customers are in the 16-25yr old demographic. They communicate in their own surly, rude, aggressive way. Again, its their 'normal'?

Edited by met
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to by a tee shirt last night on line, only to get a long winded email asking me to go away and measure myself to ensure when i say medium i fully understand what medium is, if they supply a medium and i turn up to be an xxxxl then they will take the goods back as long as i havent turned the garment into something like david banner turning into the hulk but would not refund any postage costs. 

its a £20 tee shirt you can tell there also having a nightmare with the public. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, met said:

Yes, the halcyon days of retailing anything are well and truly over.  This is the new 'normal'. My daughter runs a small online business selling make-up. She used ebay and depop selling platforms. Most of the customers are in the 16-25yr old demographic. They communicate in their own surly, rude, aggressive way. Again, its their 'normal'?

As a retailer, you just try and reply with the same amount of apathy/cheek/lip call it what you like and the abuse/victim hood will come straight will come back ten fold!

As you say, the new normal.. and this all made possible by WWW.. gawd bless it.. 

1 hour ago, Nick M.K. said:

Yesterday I needed to buy one BMW alloy wheel quickly and found one on eBay not far. £60 (just a bit dearer than a weld repair on a cracked one). 

Pressed Buy It Now, paid him with PayPal and collected it within a couple of hours. No haggling, no best offers. When I went to collect the guy said that he sells bits on eBay all the time and he never had someone buy so easy. He gets emails all the time, best offers, retractions of offers etc. The only platform generating more grief for him was Facebook :-)

That will be because youre a trader Nick; serious, not arsing about and getting on with making it work.. you seller appreciated that, as you did with the purchase solving your problem.. its how it used to be/should be...

Lets not get me on the back of the chair shouting about how times are a changing...

Cant beat the WWW for solving some problems, its the...

1 hour ago, met said:

Yes, the halcyon days of retailing anything are well and truly over.  This is the new 'normal'. My daughter runs a small online business selling make-up. She used ebay and depop selling platforms. Most of the customers are in the 16-25yr old demographic. They communicate in their own surly, rude, aggressive way. Again, its their 'normal'?

You forgot the kiss kiss kiss after every message, then when it isnt what they want (didnt read a fkn advert) they kick off and are abusive - the new normal..

Billy due at 1030 with the reddies, so I'm off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its the internet age, get someone behind a screen and they turn into a tough man.

had a customer recently in the showroom nice guy he seemed we didn't agree a deal, discussed a few things and agreed to disagree.

few days later an email complaint comes in.... saying how he felt I was aggressive my views were not to his liking ! and generally being rude.

I actually rang him and said don't send emails like this it comes across as cowardice and why don't you come down and discuss this face to face like a man, cut to him saying sorry he didn't mean what he put and generally being apologetic.

people felt tough behind a screen I guess when they think there is no comeback

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Dan W said:

Its the internet age, get someone behind a screen and they turn into a tough man.

had a customer recently in the showroom nice guy he seemed we didn't agree a deal, discussed a few things and agreed to disagree.

few days later an email complaint comes in.... saying how he felt I was aggressive my views were not to his liking ! and generally being rude.

I actually rang him and said don't send emails like this it comes across as cowardice and why don't you come down and discuss this face to face like a man, cut to him saying sorry he didn't mean what he put and generally being apologetic.

people felt tough behind a screen I guess when they think there is no comeback

He complained about you being aggressive, and you phoned him to 'call him out'? Lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, met said:

He complained about you being aggressive, and you phoned him to 'call him out'? Lol

LIKE :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, tradex said:

I'm convinced it's down to modern society creating islands out of humans. Smart phones and other meeja stuff has caused a lack or proper social interaction, thus causing many to feel needed, wanting to be stroked, they are lonely, hence the silly bids. At that moment they have a feeling of inate power. 

Absolutely bloody 100% correct. If you feed these cretins they swim towards you. These numbskulls will ask question after question to bolster their own feelings of adequacy and importance.

Funnily enough this last fortnight I’ve had a clear out of 5 or 6 things on a separate eBay account - all ‘no reserve’, starting at a few quid just to get rid (mind you one item which had been destined for the tip made £160).

Anyhow, one of the items was a rear mounted bike carrier from a p/x car.

The one chap email to come and “inspect the goods before the auction finishes”, so needless to say I ignored the f***er.

He then emails along the lines of “you haven’t answered me, can you tell me does it strap securely, will it get stolen if I leave it on my car in the woods?”!!!! To my mind common sense suggests that bike racks fasten securely but also suggest that items left unattended in a public place are at risk of theft so I decide to answer this oxygen thief “Sorry I’ve never used it & I can’t guarantee someone won’t steal it from your car”.

His response “Never used it??????? Why not?????? What are u selling me. I dont want a security guarantee from you!!!!!” I laughed, deleted it & thankfully he was outbid by 51 pence.  This bike rack was up to the heady heights of £9, yes £9 and this cretin wanted to make an advance inspection and fire off email after email.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, BHM said:

The one chap email to come and “inspect the goods before the auction finishes”, so needless to say I ignored the f***er.

He then emails along the lines of “you haven’t answered me, can you tell me does it strap securely, will it get stolen if I leave it on my car in the woods?”!!!! To my mind common sense suggests that bike racks fasten securely but also suggest that items left unattended in a public place are at risk of theft so I decide to answer this oxygen thief “Sorry I’ve never used it & I can’t guarantee someone won’t steal it from your car”.

His response “Never used it??????? Why not?????? What are u selling me. I dont want a security guarantee from you!!!!!” I laughed, deleted it & thankfully he was outbid by 51 pence.  This bike rack was up to the heady heights of £9, yes £9 and this cretin wanted to make an advance inspection and fire off email after email.

Which is exactly why I don't have a web site and don't sell very much via EBay, your "cretins" sums 'em up !!

I gave up on the Website thing years ago, when we had the Transmission firm, never ever did all the stupid questions turn into someone spending coin on a new G/Box :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this