Basie

Trustworthy Motor Trade insurance

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, pmpants said:

I take it the customer can still tax cars online if the cars not on the mid? We've always added them once the cars here, but am considering stopping this due to the above advise.

You can tax uninsured cars I believe. So yes. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our insurer said taxed cars and trade plates only on MID.... Stock cars not on MID, (anytime a stock car is on the road it's got a trade plate attached).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tim H said:

Our insurer said taxed cars and trade plates only on MID.... Stock cars not on MID, (anytime a stock car is on the road it's got a trade plate attached).

Ok so if the OB see it with the anpr cameras but also see it with a trade plate on i assume they drive on buy? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually found one of Jem Emirali's original posts. Here it is in full including his email if you need to get in touch: 

MID - The only vehicles that should be on your MID are vehicles that are taxed and your trade plates. Any vehicles in stock that are untaxed will be driven on trade plates and should not be on the MID. You are massively exposing yourself by adding them to the MID as even if the car is taken off once sold, if the purchaser does not insure the car properly and has a claim, the last known insurer may be forced to pay. Trust me when I say, you do not want a call from your broker saying your premium has gone up this year due to an accident that was nothing to do with you.

Unaccompanied Demonstration - This is another area brokers seem to be getting wrong. The only way that you can let a vehicle go out on an unaccompanied test drive is if it is taxed. You cannot lend out trade plates to customers and a customer obviously cannot take an untaxed car out on the road. The majority of our dealers with unaccompanied demonstration now are main dealers with taxed demonstrators.

Hopefully this help some of you out there but if you would like to discuss further, please email me on jememirali@astonscott.com

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

I actually found one of Jem Emirali's original posts. Here it is in full including his email if you need to get in touch: 

MID - The only vehicles that should be on your MID are vehicles that are taxed and your trade plates. Any vehicles in stock that are untaxed will be driven on trade plates and should not be on the MID. You are massively exposing yourself by adding them to the MID as even if the car is taken off once sold, if the purchaser does not insure the car properly and has a claim, the last known insurer may be forced to pay. Trust me when I say, you do not want a call from your broker saying your premium has gone up this year due to an accident that was nothing to do with you.

Unaccompanied Demonstration - This is another area brokers seem to be getting wrong. The only way that you can let a vehicle go out on an unaccompanied test drive is if it is taxed. You cannot lend out trade plates to customers and a customer obviously cannot take an untaxed car out on the road. The majority of our dealers with unaccompanied demonstration now are main dealers with taxed demonstrators.

Hopefully this help some of you out there but if you would like to discuss further, please email me on jememirali@astonscott.com

good post

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing that Nick. I actually tax most of my cars for storage reasons but when I get my storage compound sorted i’ll put my trade plates on the mid and know I won’t get a pull. Cheers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, EPV said:

Thanks for sharing that Nick. I actually tax most of my cars for storage reasons but when I get my storage compound sorted i’ll put my trade plates on the mid and know I won’t get a pull. Cheers. 

you need the trade plates on the mid now,your insurer should advise this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, boring dave said:

you need the trade plates on the mid now,your insurer should advise this

They may well have done, I sometimes don’t listen :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EPV said:

They may well have done, I sometimes don’t listen :lol:

well check,the good thing is they auto update via my broker at renewal,otherwise your £165 would be better saving the children;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

My my broker, insurance company (three or four companies over the years) state the same as Nick is saying. I’ve never added stock cars to it. 

Have had various claims etc and it’s never been an issue with police or insurance co -as this is what they advise. 

may I ask who your insurer is? I'm not to sure if I should use Covea?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I go through Alan & Thomas. This year LV were the chosen ones,  but previously it was Axa. (We have a site). 

Never heard of Covea but I know others who have used Tradesure. 

Edited by NOACROSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Onesure was best for me but be aware the price jumps a fair bit if a limited conpany rather than a sole trader. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Marc said:

Onesure was best for me but be aware the price jumps a fair bit if a limited conpany rather than a sole trader. 

I know, I incorporated about 3 months after starting insurance + £500 for remaining term.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/09/2018 at 6:06 PM, grant8064 said:

Ours is with Covea so hopefully they're sensible...only gonna find out when a claim is made really but they came fairly high up the list from our broker.

Well we've just had to use them on a windscreen !excess and no excuses or blustering on their part. Seem quite sensible so far!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm with Covea and was told by broker that you don't get Windscreen cover on a trade policy....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, that's interesting to note.  That was one of the downsides I saw of taking out this policy as in due course we will be putting the family Discovery onto it.  I'd dread the bill for the heated front screen in it should it need replacing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BAS said:

Thanks, that's interesting to note.  That was one of the downsides I saw of taking out this policy as in due course we will be putting the family Discovery onto it.  I'd dread the bill for the heated front screen in it should it need replacing!

i would rather get my man to get a s/h one and fit it for me so the insurers dont have reason to load me at renewal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BAS said:

I'm with Covea and was told by broker that you don't get Windscreen cover on a trade policy....

We also got windscreen cover (£70 excess) when we changed from Tradewise to Arista a couple of years ago. I have claimed twice since, both times sorted very quickly without affecting our No claims. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my insurance policy regarding Mid. 

Screenshot_20180911-175658.png

4 minutes ago, NoMargin said:

This is my insurance policy regarding Mid. 

Screenshot_20180911-175658.png

4 minutes ago, NoMargin said:

This is my insurance policy regarding Mid. 

 

 

_20180911_180121.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.