Sign in to follow this  
DCS01

Stock turn over

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

Travel aside if workload and money are stressful then it's worth giving it the serious consideration you are. I reckon I spend 70% of my working day behind a laptop and doing admin...there's a high workload away from the car side of things and always something waiting to catch you out.

That’s the key point. I am getting stressed at the second as I am working my nuts off, I am getting paid off the bottom line which due to buy backs and things out of my control means I am down each month, then combine that with staffing issues and areas of the business I know I can’t change that are doing my head in. I think I might as well see if my energies will see me through, I already work late most evenings! When I earned 60k as a salesman the difference was too much. Now as controller I have got more experience and the difference in pay will make the jump lessz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DCS01 said:

I was taking it that the 1st year would not be that figure. But would be more achievable when the business grows.

I am also thinking I am paying 40% tax at the second so I would technically not have to earn as much to take home the same

You will only be paying 40% tax on anything earnt over £46350. You will be paying 20% on anything from £11,850 to £46,000

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DBDlloyds said:

You will only be paying 40% tax on anything earnt over £46350. You will be paying 20% on anything from £11,850 to £46,000

 

 

Think of all the money you will save on pointy shoes!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DCS01 said:

That’s the key point. I am getting stressed at the second as I am working my nuts off, I am getting paid off the bottom line which due to buy backs and things out of my control means I am down each month, then combine that with staffing issues and areas of the business I know I can’t change that are doing my head in. I think I might as well see if my energies will see me through, I already work late most evenings! When I earned 60k as a salesman the difference was too much. Now as controller I have got more experience and the difference in pay will make the jump lessz

Life's too short to be wasting it doing a job you hate. Seriously, follow your dreams....... 

If my Mrs said to me she wanted to leave full time work and follow a new career I would back her..... I know what its like being in a job you hate...... You have to go for it and make it happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never had a proper job "ever " 

15yrs old  started self employed , Never stopped working since , that was 20 yrs ago lol "i wish " more like 48 yrs ago :) 

Never looked back .

Retired once 7 yrs ago ,phew , close call that was , bored shitless , soon opened up again , love the deal , live for the deal , always have done . 

Go for it DC01 

But remember this , 12 hours is half a day :) and theres 7 days in a week , I'm addicted though , Even took a call on Christmas day two years ago  and sold a car  with a px thats actually come back last week for me to take another £1,500 out of :) Customers are very kind people :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Life's too short to be wasting it doing a job you hate. Seriously, follow your dreams....... 

If my Mrs said to me she wanted to leave full time work and follow a new career I would back her..... I know what its like being in a job you hate...... You have to go for it and make it happen.

+1

Doing a job you hate grinds you down physically, emotionally, mentally. I've had relationships and friendships suffer in the past which i'd directly link to my old career/how I reacted to it. That doesn't happen now, not that this was a job i'd ever given much thought to before.

DC01...it's a bloody roller coaster, terrible days of nothing but screamers and finance declines but then you knock out an unexpected hat trick and nick a couple of choppers and you're on cloud nine. Not many jobs like it but whatever you do good luck.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

+1

Doing a job you hate grinds you down physically, emotionally, mentally. I've had relationships and friendships suffer in the past which i'd directly link to my old career/how I reacted to it. That doesn't happen now, not that this was a job i'd ever given much thought to before.

DC01...it's a bloody roller coaster, terrible days of nothing but screamers and finance declines but then you knock out an unexpected hat trick and nick a couple of choppers and you're on cloud nine. Not many jobs like it but whatever you do good luck.

LIKE 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

LIKE 

+1... eyes wide open, follow your dreams

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Retired once 7 yrs ago ,phew , close call that was , bored shitless , soon opened up again , love the deal , live for the deal , always have done . 

LOL almost my story ;) 

Retired once 12 yrs ago ,phew , close call that was , bored shitless , soon opened up again , love the Motor Trade, live for Cars, always have done . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

LOL almost my story ;) 

Retired once 12 yrs ago ,phew , close call that was , bored shitless , soon opened up again , love the Motor Trade, live for Cars, always have done . 

Two peas in a pod ;) If got tappets I love it . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have a business plan it keeps you honest if nothing else. If you are any good at the job you are doing today you can always get a job back in the trade if it doesnt work out. Dont leave your current job until you have all if not everything in place and then go for it. Best of luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you see yourself doing what your doing now in 20 years time? Doesn’t sound like it. Can I see myself being car trader in 20 years time, 100% yes, I never want to retire and that’s the beauty of this game, you can be 90 and still be doing it!.......The purpose of life is to have a purpose.........easy choices = hard life, hard choices = easy life, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, david gott said:

Can you see yourself doing what your doing now in 20 years time? Doesn’t sound like it. Can I see myself being car trader in 20 years time, 100% yes, I never want to retire and that’s the beauty of this game, you can be 90 and still be doing it!.......The purpose of life is to have a purpose.........easy choices = hard life, hard choices = easy life, 

That’s my plan - less stock but high value, like 2 to 4 £50-100k motors to create some sort of income post (semi) retirement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same here, the buying will keep my head right, the buffing will keep me fit and hopefully a nice house with a courtyard for the stock.....sorted!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i followed the dream and fell out of bed

just sayin.........................................................................................................................:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Two peas in a pod ;) If got tappets I love it . 

I have just come out of retirement for the second time.How stupid is that.You actually miss all the daily agrovation.I think one thing is certain,I won’t be making any money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL, you'll be all right ;)

I just got bored with doing a few Disco's and down the boozer most lunchtimes, :( loving it now I'm back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, trade vet said:

I have just come out of retirement for the second time.How stupid is that.You actually miss all the daily agrovation.I think one thing is certain,I won’t be making any money.

Slow learner :) 2nd time haha 

You were born to deal  , get on with it :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this