premi-motor

Surecheck - Suresh*t??? (A few issues here)

Recommended Posts

Any advice on the following regarding Manheim Surecheck?

 

Car 1

Surecheck Silver - 39 / 39.

Buy the car. Get in the car, and the engine light is on.

No codes showing. Didn't look inside when buying on this one - just read the window (so same as buying online I guess).

Report submitted following day.

Suggested to take the car to a garage. Did that. Undisclosed fault codes, yet these apparently indicate EGR valve.

Surecheck claim rejected because mileage is exceeded.

 

 

Car 2

Purchased Thu evening, Manheim sale.

SC report says "Engine not smoking".

Drove the car back and the car seems fine. (Surecheck report says uneven idle and gear change stiff - both are fine, so this is also wrong but checked these at the auction).

Sits around awaiting a valet, pdr, etc.

Gets valeted the following Wednesday as very busy.

Sits on idle whilst the seats are drying out then we move it and plumes of smoke. Turns out it smokes after idle. Have a video. Blue / White smoke and smells of burnt oil. Loads of it and unsellable as is.

I report the issue to Manheim that evening immediately via email (as it's after hours), then report it via the app the following day.

 

Argument 1;

- I'm told the time to report has expired, and the report "must" be submitted using the Surecheck App. 

-On the Surecheck inspection report, it expressly states that you have cover which is "7 Days from the fall of the hammer" (Their wording). They state exactly when the 7 day time period starts.

Manheim AND Surecheck both argue that you have 7 days from the morning of the day of sale - This is NOT what it says in writing on their own form (and can be found in small print under the "tyres" section on the SC screen printout)

Anyway, Manheim agree to inspect the car.

It's dropped of at Manheim, inspection done the following day and a week and 11 days later, I'm waiting for the result.

* I'm told the guy who inspected it has it written "condensation" after 10 minutes of idle (which is BS).

...It's currently been referred, but can foresee the argument I'm about to have regarding "condensation" (which it isn't) vs smoke.

 

Any thoughts on this?

Any similar experiences???

What do we think of Surecheck?

G.

Edited by premi-motor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought a Mercedes moons back when surecheck hadn't long started, picked it up two days after the sale and found ABS light was on. Complained to Manheim but was advised the surecheck only applied at the day of the sale! Waste of time designed to make Manheim money, have had some issues with BCA on their assured program but they have always put it right.

Edited by KSMOTORS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had my very first claim using surecheck and to be honest couldn't have gone smoother. Got the car back, the report stated that the engine ran smoothly. Started in the next morning ran like a bag of nails. Had car scanned and it revealed super knock. Diagnosed HPFP, they asked me to send over a video and pictures of the fault code via Whatsapp! Did that, they agreed to the claim, asked if I wanted the money myself or sent to the garage. I made the invoice out to them and 2 days later they sent me £600. Maybe its because its the first time I have had to claim after hundreds of report bought cars, but it could not have been easier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MSP Motors said:

Just had my very first claim using surecheck and to be honest couldn't have gone smoother. Got the car back, the report stated that the engine ran smoothly. Started in the next morning ran like a bag of nails. Had car scanned and it revealed super knock. Diagnosed HPFP, they asked me to send over a video and pictures of the fault code via Whatsapp! Did that, they agreed to the claim, asked if I wanted the money myself or sent to the garage. I made the invoice out to them and 2 days later they sent me £600. Maybe its because its the first time I have had to claim after hundreds of report bought cars, but it could not have been easier. 

I can't fault my experiences with Manheim, it's been rare I have had a problem with their reports, mostly are better that described. If I have had a problem and its covered they've resolved without a quibble. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought a car a couple of years ago on surecheck, and the engine light came on a little after we collected it.

Manheim didn't do a thing about it, as whatever was causing the fault wasn't covered. But that was in the earlier Surecheck days, maybe had something to do with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, premi-motor said:

the following day and a week and 11 days later, I'm waiting for the result.

I need more days in my week too :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, KSMOTORS said:

Bought a Mercedes moons back when surecheck hadn't long started, picked it up two days after the sale and found ABS light was on. Complained to Manheim but was advised the surecheck only applied at the day of the sale! Waste of time designed to make Manheim money, have had some issues with BCA on their assured program but they have always put it right.

That's strange. The Manheim product is 7 days cover vs 48 hours with BCA and AB. Sounds like something else might have been the reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2019 at 9:33 AM, Auction Buyer said:

That's strange. The Manheim product is 7 days cover vs 48 hours with BCA and AB. Sounds like something else might have been the reason

Didn't question too much as I knew it were going to be the reluctor rings requiring replacement but their response was completely stonewall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uncanny..........    Bought a V60 R Design, Surecheck Silver on a BIN + delivery through Manheim Northampton on Monday. Get a call today saying, they've tried, but cannot get it started, procedure is to ring Surecheck for them to inspect.... I buy the majority online and this happens occasionally, I've always been refunded (following the inspection) or they have been repaired without hassle... Paying for Manheim delivery means they have to deliver it to me as a runner... lets see how this one pans out :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happened with the V60R ?

Ended up refunded on the car (Mini) so just  £half a days prep and a £full valet down....

Sorry for the late reply. Been sitting here this month awaiting the phone to ring and don't think it's working :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.