Casper

Last v5 issued

Recommended Posts

Ive noticed over the last few days the dvla car tax check site has been updated and now gives you the date a vehicle last had a v5 issued change of keeper just thought it might be handy for car checks at auction etc I know hpi does this too still it may come in handy for some . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Casper said:

Ive noticed over the last few days the dvla car tax check site has been updated and now gives you the date a vehicle last had a v5 issued change of keeper just thought it might be handy for car checks at auction etc I know hpi does this too still it may come in handy for some . 

What’s wrong with you, you Pussy? Don’t you like buying a car then finding the previous keeper got it a week last Wednesday? :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tradex said:

Do you need the V5 doc ref? 

No just the reg number same way as you check to see if it's taxed scroll down its right at the bottom of the page 

 

3 hours ago, BHM said:

What’s wrong with you, you Pussy? Don’t you like buying a car then finding the previous keeper got it a week last Wednesday? :lol:

It's normally one of the first questions I get asked with older stuff how long did the previous owner have it was just something I came across when checking a tax had gone through and thought it might be useful to some when looking at cars to buy 

And no I prefer brave and like them to have it at least three weeks :lol: 

although on a serious note  I remember taking a car in at my old job guy only had it a few weeks got done from drunk driving and handed the v5 in when I't came through the post  was a 50k 2 owner FSH escort estate at the time and he let it go to cheap to my old boss so I guess sometimes it can be irrivelent. Every car has its own story 

Edited by Casper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, tradex said:

Ahh yes, I see what you mean now.....my van hasn't had a new V5 since 2013 bless it.

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Casper said:

It's normally one of the first questions I get asked with older stuff how long did the previous owner have it

I have this problem when I'm selling cars from our serial car buyer , he lives 2miles away and seriously has bought 8 cars from us this year alone , sold him a Scirocco last week and yesterday he was back asking us when we are getting any GTI Golfs in or 220 VRS Skodas as he fancies one next . 

He now brings a letter with him to pass on to any other buyer explaining he has a problem buying cars and keeping them . Last year he bought a VRS off another trader in Sheffield and didn't like the colour " Blue " drove it down and part exchanged it for an RS 265 CUP Megane we we had two days later , Just give him a price and boom deal done , 

But i still hate it when the next buyer says how long has the last owner had this car then :rolleyes: " well let me tell you a story about that "and show them his nice written letter :) seems to always work . 

I've tried getting him to tax monthly and then i don't think I'd send the V5 off he's back that quick , Feel like renting him one sometimes :) but selling it is more beneficial to my bank account :D

Edited by David Horgan
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

I have this problem when I'm selling cars from our serial car buyer , he lives 2miles away and seriously has bought 8 cars from us this year alone , sold him a Scirocco last week and yesterday he was back asking us when we are getting any GTI Golfs in or 220 VRS Skodas as he fancies one next . 

He now brings a letter with him to pass on to any other buyer explaining he has a problem buying cars and keeping them . Last year he bought a VRS off another trader in Sheffield and didn't like the colour " Blue " drove it down and part exchanged it for an RS 265 CUP Megane we we had two days later , Just give him a price and boom deal done , 

But i still hate it when the next buyer says how long has the last owner had this car then :rolleyes: " well let me tell you a story about that "and show them his nice written letter :) seems to always work . 

I've tried getting him to tax monthly and then i don't think I'd send the V5 off he's back that quick , Feel like renting him one sometimes :) but selling it is more beneficial to my bank account :D

Ive a cousin like that he changes his cars with no pattern .. sometimes older ones newer ones as i say no pattern .. he recently sold a landrover defender which only would have went up in value . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just thinking, any car coming off a private plate, a change of address, duplicate V5 etc. etc. will generate a very recent date anyway.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BHM said:

Just thinking, any car coming off a private plate, a change of address, duplicate V5 etc. etc. will generate a very recent date anyway.

Yes thats the downfall its only tells you last v5 issued and not change off keeper should probably have worded that better my mistake  its probably not much use but  just thought id stick it on here anyway just in case .. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s more useful for seeing if you have the most recent v5. 
 
And not having an old useless one from ages ago. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Stalker said:

It’s more useful for seeing if you have the most recent v5. 
 
And not having an old useless one from ages ago. 

This is very True 

Edited by Casper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Casper, would definitely give you more confidence in a car if the latest v5c was issued years ago, as you say not perfect but really handy :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.