NacMan

BCA BEARING NOISE

Recommended Posts

A wear and tear wheel bearing? Or a conrod bearing ? Or an alternator bearing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on which bearing and if its assured or not and what the condition report says  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it’s a wheel bearing, a spin round the carpark might not highlight it ... not defending BCA, just reality 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I once backed a BMW cos the car was grinding it's tits off, impossible not to hear it and the auctioneer said nothing (I was buying online)

It was a wheel bearing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't back a car or even bother Surecheck for a wheel bearing. If that's all that is wrong, I would be quite happy. If I could use the wheel bearing as an "excuse" for a car that isn't as good as I hoped on the other hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

I wouldn't back a car or even bother Surecheck for a wheel bearing. If that's all that is wrong, I would be quite happy. If I could use the wheel bearing as an "excuse" for a car that isn't as good as I hoped on the other hand.

I agree, that would be classed as a major win in my book. 
 

and certainly not worth the hours on the phone following a claim. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mark101 said:

I wouldn't back a car or even bother Surecheck for a wheel bearing. If that's all that is wrong, I would be quite happy. If I could use the wheel bearing as an "excuse" for a car that isn't as good as I hoped on the other hand.

This thing was a shed. I was very happy to off it back

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Casper said:

Depends on which bearing and if its assured or not and what the condition report says  

It was assured and its a wheel bearing thats noisy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, NacMan said:

It was assured and its a wheel bearing thats noisy

You could ask the question we normally just fix wheel bearings  though only thing we've used surecheck for was a gearbox and clutch that went driving out the auction they payed no bother 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Casper said:

You could ask the question we normally just fix wheel bearings  though only thing we've used surecheck for was a gearbox and clutch that went driving out the auction they payed no bother 

 

4 hours ago, Mark101 said:

I wouldn't back a car or even bother Surecheck for a wheel bearing. If that's all that is wrong, I would be quite happy. If I could use the wheel bearing as an "excuse" for a car that isn't as good as I hoped on the other hand.

Try to get every penny out of them thats what they do to you!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, NacMan said:

 

Try to get every penny out of them thats what they do to you!

Well its only a phone call to ask

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Casper said:

Well its only a phone call to ask

Have done there reviewing the claim...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NacMan said:

Have done there reviewing the claim...

Keep us posted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How old was she? I'm surprised she came by herself. It swings either way, they're either clueless and just want gadgets (and pray that you have them or they walk), or they're overcautious and won't listen to sense.







snaptube telegram web

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, adomanim said:

How old was she? I'm surprised she came by herself. It swings either way, they're either clueless and just want gadgets (and pray that you have them or they walk), or they're overcautious and won't listen to sense.







snaptube telegram web

Was this meant for Pornhub?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, adomanim said:

How old was she? I'm surprised she came by herself. It swings either way, they're either clueless and just want gadgets (and pray that you have them or they walk), or they're overcautious and won't listen to sense.







snaptube telegram web

 

5 hours ago, David Ayers said:

Was this meant for Pornhub?

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, metcars said:

Any news on the bearing?

Well, the AA came out and it was indeed a bearing, i think they paid out about £20:')

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, NacMan said:

Well, the AA came out and it was indeed a bearing, i think they paid out about £20:')

I suppose you should be grateful even for that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2020 at 10:46 AM, adomanim said:

How old was she? I'm surprised she came by herself. It swings either way, they're either clueless and just want gadgets (and pray that you have them or they walk), or they're overcautious and won't listen to sense.







snaptube telegram web

I’m surprised her age concerns you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, metcars said:

I suppose you should be grateful even for that?

Yes every penny counts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.