David Horgan

24/7 car finance still doing deals

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

On a more positive note we managed a sale today. The way we are doing it is by appointment only.

Well done. What do the Government know. Telling us to close.

1 hour ago, MarkTVS said:

Not ideal but in this situation of me and my staff are risking our health it’s a fair deal

I bet we all appreciate you and your staff won’t be claiming to be furloughed.

Just as well you didn’t post this on a public forum.  Whoops!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slag all you want but it’s a dog eat dog world and I’ll do what we need to survive this. Only one of my staff at sales is forloughed the other one is continuing to work Doing property maintenance to keep him busy as he is a single guy living alone so as you can imagine 3 weeks of isolation with no friends or family nearby would be torture. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MarkTVS said:

Slag all you want but it’s a dog eat dog world and I’ll do what we need to survive this. Only one of my staff at sales is forloughed the other one is continuing to work Doing property maintenance to keep him busy as he is a single guy living alone so as you can imagine 3 weeks of isolation with no friends or family nearby would be torture. 

If we are lucky mark mate I think boris will extend It for another 3 weeks or more time will tell . I guess you and your family stay safe all the best . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, New year revolutions...... said:

I would make it a service charge to bring the car back to retail position having had a deep clean in these pressing days black black bla

The way you put it it's so open to you getting a letter I really wouldn't do it.

On reflection I must confess, my reading of the current  situation is that car retailing is closed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Darkbluecars said:

You can only have Barbie on the garden if she’s a member of the household

Haha , the wife wouldn't let have a barbie girl :rolleyes: anyway 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Casper said:

If we are lucky mark mate I think boris will extend It for another 3 weeks or more time will tell . I guess you and your family stay safe all the best . 

 Here’s a couple of stories I heard for those of you hoping it’s going to be over in a few weeks.

A lovely lady called Edwina called me a couple of weeks ago. I’ve known her all my life as her and her husband were my parents best friends.

She tells me her grand daughter is returning from travelling and once she has finished self isolating for 14 days she wants to buy her a car and could I help. This was pre “lockdown” so I said no problem give me a call when you are ready.

She called Wednesday, I couldn’t take it so she left a message, saying that after 5 days of self isolation her grand daughter had decided she was okay and was travelling form Norfolk to Wales, I assume by public transport, to see her boyfriend.

I would be grateful for any suggestions on how I can tell someone who I would do anything for that there is no way in hell I want to sell her self entitled little brat, although she is 30, of a grand daughter who is prepared to put her needs above the health of others a car!

Second story. My painter was telling me one of the other guys on the estate said that his step son, who’s at uni up In Newcastle, suspects he may have the bug. So he is driving down to be with his mum,  who thinks it is a good idea!

So as long as there are those around who feel the rules don’t apply to them we ain’t going no where.

 

Having written all this I see on Sky news app.

Government says Lockdown depends on behaviour, but experts say it should last until June

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

 Here’s a couple of stories I heard for those of you hoping it’s going to be over in a few weeks.

A lovely lady called Edwina called me a couple of weeks ago. I’ve known her all my life as her and her husband were my parents best friends.

She tells me her grand daughter is returning from travelling and once she has finished self isolating for 14 days she wants to buy her a car and could I help. This was pre “lockdown” so I said no problem give me a call when you are ready.

She called Wednesday, I couldn’t take it so she left a message, saying that after 5 days of self isolation her grand daughter had decided she was okay and was travelling form Norfolk to Wales, I assume by public transport, to see her boyfriend.

I would be grateful for any suggestions on how I can tell someone who I would do anything for that there is no way in hell I want to sell her self entitled little brat, although she is 30, of a grand daughter who is prepared to put her needs above the health of others a car!

Second story. My painter was telling me one of the other guys on the estate said that his step son, who’s at uni up In Newcastle, suspects he may have the bug. So he is driving down to be with his mum,  who thinks it is a good idea!

So as long as there are those around who feel the rules don’t apply to them we ain’t going no where.

 

Having written all this I see on Sky news app.

Government says Lockdown depends on behaviour, but experts say it should last until June

I agree with you David was saying on another post some people will never listen to advice given by anyone including the government 

Heard today that the building sites for two large company's around here will be closed Until June or July . And also as you say its no going to be over in weeks if or why they extend mots etc by 6 months  

best wishes to you and your family and may you all stay safe during these uncertain times . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the wife has it right,our govt are sending every household a covid 19 letter at a cost of 5.8 mil these letters will be unread and thrown away by the very people that are not helping the common good, ie scum and food hoarders 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, New year revolutions...... said:

I think the wife has it right,our govt are sending every household a covid 19 letter at a cost of 5.8 mil these letters will be unread and thrown away by the very people that are not helping the common good, ie scum and food hoarders 

Surely though the money could be used for better reasons like nhs supplies etc as you wife says a lot of these letters will go in the bin . 

Some people still wouldn't listen if boris was outside there house with a megaphone 

its a good idea for maybe say the over 70s but most others will use internet etc 

as you say most decent people have listened to the advice myself included  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Casper said:

best wishes to you and your family and may you all stay safe during these uncertain times . 

The same to you Casper.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/28/2020 at 8:37 PM, BHM said:

Trading Standards employee or just the usual self appointed do-gooder with too much time on your hands?

The second one. Any punter with half a braincell must realise that would not stick. Besides, its a buyers market so why go to a seller demanding £100 just for an appointment?

Edited by Stillnotadealer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Stillnotadealer said:

The second one. Any punter with half a braincell must realise that would not stick. Besides, its a buyers market so why go to a seller demanding £100 just for an appointment?

That is refundable . . . . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.