Anglo9

Can't log in to BCA Live

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Anglo9 said:

Anyone else not able to log in this morning ?

 

What device are you on

Have you cleared your cache

Anyway theres nothing worth buying

Get yourself in the garden:D

Edited by New year revolutions......
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

What device are you on

Have you cleared your cache

Anyway theres nothing worth buying

Get yourself in the garden:D

:):lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I got on ok, it’s amazing me the prices some of them are fetching. No assured report and cant even see them driving through the hall. Some big risk takers out there.

I wouldn’t fancy spending £10k to find out the engines knocking

Edited by Lakeside

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Lakeside said:

I got on ok, it’s amazing me the prices some of them are fetching. No assured report and cant even see them driving through the hall. Some big risk takers out there.

I wouldn’t fancy spending £10k to find out the engines knocking

Contactless, embrace it, it’s the future!:D Seriously, physical auctions eventually will become a thing of the past. The only way it will work is if the auctions give honest appraisals?

Edited by metcars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, metcars said:

Contactless, embrace it, it’s the future!:D Seriously, physical auctions eventually will become a thing of the past. The only way it will work is if the auctions give honest appraisals?

Or employ staff capable of doing it .. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm realising that if the auction online is going to work for all then they need to get an inbound led handling centre for enquiries on particular cars,so they will need to get under the hood of the marketing mix to strategically get this working .....kind a

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

I'm realising that if the auction online is going to work for all then they need to get an inbound led handling centre for enquiries on particular cars,so they will need to get under the hood of the marketing mix to strategically get this working .....kind a

The auctions will do the least they have to. The last thing they want is to be obliged to accurately describe anything!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would of thought to be online only every car would have to be assured for buyers to be interested.

Since watching Lockdown online only this past couple of weeks there’s clearly no need as there’s plenty of risk takers out there prepared to pay top money without any assurance whatsoever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, metcars said:

The auctions will do the least they have to. The last thing they want is to be obliged to accurately describe anything!

Looking at it in a out of the box needs must do scenario, what we have ex lockdown way I can see where you are inbound on your thinking, but,onger term the bilateral expenditure of securing the ultimate bid situation will indeed necessitate an ongoing up front  inbound led handling centre though,its the only way

3 minutes ago, Lakeside said:

I would of thought to be online only every car would have to be assured for buyers to be interested.

Since watching Lockdown online only this past couple of weeks there’s clearly no need as there’s plenty of risk takers out there prepared to pay top money without any assurance whatsoever.

There always was,its usually someone else's money though rather than the bidders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I buy a lot online.  I'm fussy about what I buy and I only buy grade 1 stock off Mercedes/VWFS etc. Takes big balls to be buying old crap to be honest.

I send in my own driver to collect who inspects and photographs the car before he leaves site. Any problems are notified and I will discuss with BCA before he drives off.

In the ideal world I would get to inspect every car personally but thats not possible when you are bidding in multiple sites.

There is very little advantage to actually visiting auctions for me. Back in the day I could open a car and give it a good check over, now cars are mostly locked until 20 seconds before they run in to the hall, doesnt exactly give you much of a chance particularly when theres four or five bodies all trying to get into the car at the same time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd happily buy cheap and expensive online - for the cheap, accepting that "price reflects condition". Its the middle ground I'm wary of. Its a shame the appraisals are so variable, if they were consistent it would give more confidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.