Recommended Posts

Where would I find the link for this please. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is the best yet.What a character,makes the other interviewees look like amateurs,works round the clock,doesn’t sleep much,these type of guys are very brave and they have rhino skin.What impressed me is that he does all that and he is off 5. !

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent interview. A very dedicated man. Im feeling a little more positive about the future trading now!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, trade vet said:

That is the best yet.What a character,makes the other interviewees look like amateurs,works round the clock,doesn’t sleep much,these type of guys are very brave and they have rhino skin.What impressed me is that he does all that and he is off 5. !

Off 5 you say. Think I'll have to break my cherry and give this a listen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Full of himself :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Tom said:

Full of himself :blink:

Is he or is he at the front of the pack for what he does and has done for many years ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ordered the book but anyone seen there online reviews? Surprisingly awful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

Ordered the book but anyone seen there online reviews? Surprisingly awful

You waiting to next week to order The Bugatti Mark :lol: lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MarkTVS said:

Ordered the book but anyone seen there online reviews? Surprisingly awful

I suspect they try to "vet" their potential customers to save time, so those with £70k budget looking at £80k cars are going to be somewhat frustrated.

Some of his answers to James' questions were incredible too!

I sense James has a soft spot for supercars (which is great). Personally for me, these kinds of dealers and interviews are good entertainment but somewhat irrelevant to day-to-day life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Billy Joe Public said:

 

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Is he or is he at the front of the pack for what he does and has done for many years ?

Hes done well, but I dont like his persona. His reviews agree. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tom said:

Hes done well, but I dont like his persona. His reviews agree. 

Perhaps true but he obviously doesn’t give a toss about reviews & why should he?

Buyers buy. Simple. Only arseholes with too much time on their hands & sellers pathetically obsessed with social media who don’t know any better take any real notice of reviews.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As great as the success story was he was obviously extremely fortunate to have grown up with a wealthy family which I’m sure would have been a massive help for start up capital, but I’ll reserve all my opinions till I have read the book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

As great as the success story was he was obviously extremely fortunate to have grown up with a wealthy family which I’m sure would have been a massive help for start up capital, but I’ll reserve all my opinions till I have read the book.

I don’t think he was from a wealthy family.I will get the book,but the kindle edition is a tenner at the moment,so being tight I will wait for it to drop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have just read an interview he gave to autocar magazine.....

 

It’s interesting to discover that among Hartley’s business heroes are Philip Green and Mike Ashley (of BHS and Sports Direct respectively) and that he considers Donald Trump a genius.

Speaks volumes.

 

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/features/britains-most-controversial-car-dealer-tom-hartley-selling-supercars

Edited by beenaroundtheblock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, trade vet said:

I don’t think he was from a wealthy family.I will get the book,but the kindle edition is a tenner at the moment,so being tight I will wait for it to drop.

He was a Gypsy wasn't he who started out in Glasgow?   

 

Owns a lot of park home sites aswell which are good money as far as I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

He was a Gypsy wasn't he who started out in Glasgow?   

 

Owns a lot of park home sites aswell which are good money as far as I know.

I think he said he is prepared to blow a 7 figure sum on his present stock when the virus is over ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rory RSC said:

 

 

Owns a lot of park home sites aswell which are good money as far as I know.

Basically a licence to print money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's a grafter, good luck to him I say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, trade vet said:

I don’t think he was from a wealthy family.I will get the book,but the kindle edition is a tenner at the moment,so being tight I will wait for it to drop.

I just got that impression when he was talking about selling a range rover at 12, I know he said it was a friend of his family but when I was wee my friends families had old Renault scenics:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glaswegian schoolboys must of got good pocket money, my parents couldn’t afford a Range Rover in 1971. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.