Nevillec

Main dealers open

Recommended Posts

We had a van  MOT today, and the guys there  do MOT for a local VW main dealer.  He said  the VW dealer have opened, but are running on a skeleton staff...only one person per department...1 in sales...1 in workshop....1 in the office

 

Not sure  buy a brand new car  is the top of peoples priorities at the moment......probably some heavy discounting on way 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Car manufacturers are very powerful lobbyists? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nevillec said:

We had a van  MOT today, and the guys there  do MOT for a local VW main dealer.  He said  the VW dealer have opened, but are running on a skeleton staff...only one person per department...1 in sales...1 in workshop....1 in the office

 

Not sure  buy a brand new car  is the top of peoples priorities at the moment......probably some heavy discounting on way 

 

 

 

Why not ? A lot of families have had there holidays cancelled, been sitting at home on full or nearly full pay not been out spending.

cant remember who said it from one of James excellent pod casts for every possible negative there is a flip side positive 

I like that thinking makes you feel up beat when your feeling up beat you make things happen in business. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, justina3 said:

Why not ? A lot of families have had there holidays cancelled, been sitting at home on full or nearly full pay not been out spending.

cant remember who said it from one of James excellent pod casts for every possible negative there is a flip side positive 

I like that thinking makes you feel up beat when your feeling up beat you make things happen in business. 

good point justina,  personally we have had lots more enquirers in the last week. Spoke to our warranty rep today  and he said business is picking up, which is a good sign,  he has about 60 accounts/dealers on his books 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, justina3 said:

Why not ? A lot of families have had there holidays cancelled, been sitting at home on full or nearly full pay not been out spending.

cant remember who said it from one of James excellent pod casts for every possible negative there is a flip side positive 

I like that thinking makes you feel up beat when your feeling up beat you make things happen in business. 

agree, most the franchises i deal with are up beat, trouble is they will struggle to supply what they sell, already slow new lead times getting worse due to problems elsewhere, a lot of these customers will get talked into late used cars, no doubt this will increase the scramble for stock, expect franchises to start keeping swappers and retailing brands other than there own, and possibly extending the age of these too, don't expect a nice choice of cars to buy at auction this summer....

anyone witness the 5 series tourer that sold online manheim? CAP 24000 sold 31000 ex fees, export surely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chaps I meant let’s keep smiling no one wants to talk to a salesman  who Is on a cliffs edge. 

I never said it was going to be easy .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Main dealers need to open up for us independent used car and van dealers (if I can say, not being greedy). We need them to get their pxs in to auctions so there can be some fresh stock at the auctions as we are soon going to run out of quality stock (speaking for ourselves, don't know about anyone else). 

They can easily run these large franchises or supermarkets just need to control it a bit better and serve people by appointment to limit customers in their showrooms, not reduce staff too low. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think its a bit early to predict reliably what June (and beyond) will look like, based on 3 days. True demand will be masked by any pent-up demand or fulfilment of delayed orders, etc. But the "starting up" of the supply of cars was always going to be problematical. And its not the same as before anyway, auctions are going to feel very different with social distancing requirements, a big shift to online (I reckon the auction houses prefer to do it online anyway) and new car supply issues being a factor too. There are a number of factors - such as the government actively discouraging public transport use; non-normal extension on PCPs, etc - for which there is no precedent. This period is distinctly different from any time before, including the 2009 financial crisis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Paul C said:

I think its a bit early to predict reliably what June (and beyond) will look like, based on 3 days. True demand will be masked by any pent-up demand or fulfilment of delayed orders, etc. But the "starting up" of the supply of cars was always going to be problematical. And its not the same as before anyway, auctions are going to feel very different with social distancing requirements, a big shift to online (I reckon the auction houses prefer to do it online anyway) and new car supply issues being a factor too. There are a number of factors - such as the government actively discouraging public transport use; non-normal extension on PCPs, etc - for which there is no precedent. This period is distinctly different from any time before, including the 2009 financial crisis.

yes

very stormy seas ahead

it's all very well holding the beads and saying its gonna be on its gonna be ok

the real test is who has the nerve and the resources to see it through

car prices trade at the moment are a joke bolstered by too many idiots chasing too few cars

those that can ,hold the reins to the horse longer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, justina3 said:

Chaps I meant let’s keep smiling no one wants to talk to a salesman  who Is on a cliffs edge. 

I never said it was going to be easy .

Don’t forget, punters are on the same cliff edge! There’s a recession on the way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, New year revolutions...... said:

yes

very stormy seas ahead

it's all very well holding the beads and saying its gonna be on its gonna be ok

the real test is who has the nerve and the resources to see it through

car prices trade at the moment are a joke bolstered by too many idiots chasing too few cars

those that can ,hold the reins to the horse longer

Just confirming that you think that people who are trying to buy stock to sell in their newly reopened car dealerships are 'idiots'?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Just confirming that you think that people who are trying to buy stock to sell in their newly reopened car dealerships are 'idiots'?

 

I think this doesn't require clarification so will leave your comment for the board to see

I find it strange to you stalk me at every opportunity and even at one stage called me a racist to the point I pulled the thread

if you really are in the motor trade and are suffering mental health problems there is some great help out there from a charity called ben

pm me if you need further details that you feel you cant discuss on an open forum

thank you

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Just confirming that you think that people who are trying to buy stock to sell in their newly reopened car dealerships are 'idiots'?

 

yes :lol:

read the whole thread boycie, "quality stock" that is "fresh".......................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, New year revolutions...... said:

I think this doesn't require clarification so will leave your comment for the board to see

I find it strange to you stalk me at every opportunity and even at one stage called me a racist to the point I pulled the thread

if you really are in the motor trade and are suffering mental health problems there is some great help out there from a charity called ben

pm me if you need further details that you feel you cant discuss on an open forum

thank you

 

You are probably correct. Why would anyone think that making fun of the way Asian people speak is racist?

What was I thinking?

Thanks for the recommendation about the charity.

Can you recommend anyone in particular there? You must have a favourite.

1 hour ago, have a word with the wife said:

yes :lol:

read the whole thread boycie, "quality stock" that is "fresh".......................

I was just after some clarity.

 

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

car prices trade at the moment are a joke bolstered by too many idiots chasing too few cars

This was written, which makes no sense at all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.