It will be available to car dealers meeting three environmental criteria:
• Improved sustainability
• Minimised waste
• Increased recyclability
Companies will have to meet the forthcoming BSI Environmental Performance – PAS 2020. This will be announced later in the month.
To receive the Royal Mail discount, dealers will have to meet the entry level criteria, earning them 2 per cent off. However, those meeting intermediate level will see this discount boosted to 4.7 per cent.
Matthew Neilson, head of environmental solutions at Royal Mail, said: ‘Royal Mail is committed to helping businesses improve the environmental performance of their direct mail campaigns.
‘We recognise that a more environmentally friendly approach could raise production costs, and that is why Sustainable Mail provides a price incentive.’
Dealers will have to meet key criteria in their direct mail, including:
• The use of recycled waste paper
• Good data practices, including checking customer preferences against the Mailing Preference Service
• Recyclability of all mailing products
• A ‘recycling’ logo on the front of the item
• All printers to meet BS EN ISO 14001