Apply now Swansway Group
We are currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join the Swansway Family. Reporting into the Dealership Accountant, you will assist with the purchase ledger, daily banking and reconciliation within the dealership. Each month you will also assist in the production of the month end reporting and the production of the management accounts.
As an Accounts Assistant, you will play an important part in supporting the dealership with day-to-day banking administration such as; paying of invoices, purchase ledger, daily banking, daily reporting and cheque raising. Throughout the day, you will also assist with day-to-day administration such as scanning and filing. It is important to work closely with the sales and service team to ensure that production of any sales related documentation is completed quickly such as finance settlements/pay-outs.
Although reporting into the Dealership Accountant there will be times when this role will be the only Accounts/Finance support at the dealership. Therefore, we are looking for candidates that have previous accounts experience obtained at a dealership who are true self-starters.
More about the role:
- Assist in the monthly production of accounts
- Paying of invoices
- Monthly ledgers
- Daily reconciliation/banking
- Production of invoices
- Resolving any supplier queries/set-ups
- Assist in month and year end
- Inputting payroll submissions
- General office duties
More about you:
- Previous experience in accounts/finance environment (at least 12 months) within a car dealership (desirable)
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Previous experience of doing daily banking and using Kerridge and CDK (rev 8) accounting software would be preferred.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with little supervision.
A bit more about the family
Founded in 2003 by Michael Smyth and his three sons, David, Peter and John, Swansway has grown from five motor dealerships in Cheshire and the West Midlands to the 20 dealerships we have today. From Birmingham in the South to Carlisle in the North we partner with eleven brands including; Audi, Volkswagen, Land Rover, Honda and many more.
We’re expanding our own-brand, Motor Match our used sites, and we don’t stop at dealerships; we operate four Volkswagen Group Trade Part Centres, an Accident Repair Centre, a Group Fleet Sales Centre and an eBay shop re-cycling obsolete parts. All this is supported by our Head Office in Crewe.
But, it’s not what we do that makes us the company we are, it’s how we do it; it’s our family heritage that sets us apart, with the Smyth family playing a hands-on role in the day-to-day running of the business; we genuinely care about our customers and our Swansway family and that makes us a great place to work. We live Our caring, honest and proud values which is why our long service boards are brimming with names who’ve been with us five, ten and fifteen years!
Benefits of working for Swansway Group:
- Company pension scheme
- Life assurance (death in service benefit)
- Holidays that increase with length of service
- Long service recognition
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual flu jab
- Discounts on products and services
When you join Swansway, you’re joining a family; so, if you enjoy, and thrive, in an inclusive family atmosphere, apply to join us now!
Apply now Swansway Group