Apply now Harwoods Group
Automotive retailer Harwoods Group, represents prestigious car brands Aston Martin, Audi, Bentley, McLaren, Volvo, Jaguar, Land Rover, as well as the truck brand MAN. We have eighteen businesses across Sussex, Surrey, Kent and Hampshire.
Our vision is to ‘create memorable experiences’, as we believe our primary role is to add maximum value to the customer journey. We also aim to make working at Harwoods as memorable and enjoyable as possible and benefit from above average employee engagement.
With 98% of staff scoring positively when asked ‘I care about the future of Harwoods’, we’re a safe bet for a job and career.
Harwoods Jaguar Land Rover Croydon was acquired in 1994, when the Group purchased the Brighton Road, Coulsdon site. It is situated on the main arterial A23 road to London, with great transport links nearby. April 2016 saw us purchase Jaguar and become a dual-branded retailer, offering both sales and aftersales departments for Land Rover and Jaguar. In total, we have a team of around 75 employees across both brands, many of whom have worked at this site for 20+ years. Our territory stretches as far as Streatham and Dulwich, down to Caterham and Tadworth. We deliver around 900 new and 700 used vehicles per year, across the JLR brands
The role of the Aftersales Manager is to:
• Manage the sourcing and supply of manufacturer vehicle parts and monitor all service processes.
• Achieve parts and service volumes and profit objectives through motivating and developing the aftersales team to be fully competent in their job roles.
All Harwoods employees are expected to comply with/adhere to all Harwoods policies and procedures and any additional manufacturer requirements relevant to their role.
• Maintain standards of performance of the parts and service teams through effective coaching and performance management.
• Recruit and select team members in line with organisational requirements.
• Maintain customer service standards and ensure understanding and adherence to the requirements of customer satisfaction indicators within the business.
• Ensure sufficient resources are available to meet servicing requirements and regularly review key operating controls (labour efficiency, labour sales, cost of sales).
• Ensure effective stock control and warehouse management through regularly reviewing key operating controls (negative stock reports, PDR’s, margin and volume performance) in line with manufacturer and business operating requirements.
• Maximise commercial opportunities through developing and implementing campaigns within specific market sectors.
• Monitor and evaluate customer needs and competitor activity in the market, ensuring that marketing campaigns are relevant and targeted.
• Ensure all service processes meet brand standards requirements and that they are implemented in a consistent manner.
• Regularly communicate and interact with members of other departments to develop the business and the business team ethos.
• Maintain a safe and healthy working environment, ensuring staff comply with Health and Safety requirements.
• Proof of Right to Work in the UK.
• Relevant motor industry experience.
Skills & Knowledge
• Full UK driving licence.
• Smart appearance.
• A full understanding of all departments.
• Excellent numeracy and literacy.
• Competency in IT.
Harwoods has 5 key competencies which describe the behaviours expected of all employees. For this role we are looking for applicants who can demonstrate all of the competencies below at the level described, as per the attached competency framework.
Delivering Memorable Customer Service
Provides customer service which creates ‘memorable experiences’ through meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
High Performing Teams
Supports others to continuously improve performance. Seeks feedback on own performance, takes responsibility for own development & demonstrates Harwoods values.
Commercial and Operational Excellence
Understands the drivers of business performance and uses them to optimise commercial opportunities. Plans and manages processes, resources workflows efficiently.
Innovation & Improvement
Demonstrates openness to change and improvement. Proactively looks for more effective ways of doing things.
Knowledgeable of, aligned to and ambassador for the brand and adheres to brand standards.
Apply now Harwoods Group