Apply now Swansway Group
Swansway is passionate about creating opportunities for developing talent into the motor industry, market leaders in what we do training and growing our own talent is one of our top priorities. We invest heavily in only the best training for our Apprentices to ensure in turn we give the best service to our loyal customers.
When you become a Swansway Apprentice you’ll be given all the support you need from our in-house support team to ensure you succeed with every step of your career with Swansway.
You’ll be given accredited training from some of the best brands in the industry including; Audi, Land Rover and Honda, at the end of your Apprenticeship you’ll gain a nationally recognised qualification in Vehicle Repair and Maintenance, the training programme lasts for 3 years.
What will I be doing?
As a Swansway Apprentice Technician you’ll be teamed up with an experienced Technician who you’ll work closely with day to day and you’ll be learning tasks on the job.
Here is what a typical working week could look like:
- To attend training at regular intervals as outlined by Assessors
- Carry out necessary coursework and complete training courses in a timely manner
- To put your theory into practice following your training block weeks
- Maintain and develop skill levels in all aspects of repair, service and maintenance
- To take an active part in upholding the company’s health and safety policies
- To keep work area and protective clothing clean, tidy and in a safe condition in order to uphold the manufacturers guidelines
- Ensure vehicles comply with safety standards when returned to customer or that faults have been reported and noted on job cards
- To notify Service Manager of damage or breakdown of workshop equipment or tooling
- To complete MOT preparations and new car preparations
What’s in in for me?
You’ll be given a structured training plan and allocated an Assessor who will work closely with you to set work and assess your skill level. You’ll also be supported by a mentor and our in-house Apprentice Coordinator who’ll be on hand to give you support every step of the way.
We also offer a great salary so you can really ‘earn as you learn’ your salary will be reviewed upon completion of apprenticeship.
What do I need to apply?
- Gained, or be working towards GCSE’s 4-9 or A-C in Maths, English and a Science or Technical subject, or accredited equivalent
- To be literate, reliable and eager to learn
- A desire work as part of a team in a practical environment
A bit more about the family
Founded in 2003 by Michael Smyth and his three sons, David, Peter and John, Swansway has grown from five motor dealerships in Cheshire and the West Midlands to the 20 dealerships we have today. From Birmingham in the South to Carlisle in the North we partner with eleven brands including; Audi, Volkswagen, Land Rover, Honda and many more.
We’re expanding our own-brand, Motor Match our used sites, and we don’t stop at dealerships; we operate four Volkswagen Group Trade Part Centres, an Accident Repair Centre, a Group Fleet Sales Centre and an eBay shop re-cycling obsolete parts. All this is supported by our Head Office in Crewe.
But, it’s not what we do that makes us the company we are, it’s how we do it; it’s our family heritage that sets us apart, with the Smyth family playing a hands-on role in the day-to-day running of the business; we genuinely care about our customers and our Swansway family and that makes us a great place to work. We live Our caring, honest and proud values which is why our long service boards are brimming with names who’ve been with us five, ten and fifteen years!
Benefits of working for Swansway Group
- Company pension scheme
- Life assurance (death in service benefit)
- Holidays that increase with length of service
- Long service recognition
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual flu jab
- Discounts on products and services
When you join Swansway, you’re joining a family; so, if you enjoy, and thrive, in an inclusive family atmosphere, apply to join us now!
Apply now Swansway Group