Apply now Martins Motor Group
Sales Manager – Volkswagen – Basingstoke
Martins Group is a family owned business, serving customers in Hampshire, Berkshire and Surrey for well-over 100 years.
We are seeking an experienced Sales Manager to join our large Volkswagen Dealership in Basingstoke, Hampshire. This key role provides guidance and support to the passenger-car sales team, ensuring that every customer is treated fairly and professionally. Supplying every vehicle in a manner that results in a very high level of customer satisfaction. While also maximising every opportunity regarding profitability. Reporting to the Head of Business, this role is very well rewarded and is offered on a permanent and full-time basis.
What do we expect from you, as our Sales Manager?
- You will motivate and manage your team of 7 Sales-Executives and 1 Business Manager, to consistently achieve both monthly and quarterly unit and profit targets. Conducting regular performance reviews with your team and providing one-to-one coaching sessions.
- You will take responsibility for the achievements of our new and used car unit targets and budgets.
- You will achieve each aspect of the ‘excellence’ criteria set by the manufacturer to maintain and improve our position in their national rankings.
- You will carefully manage and maintain our new and used car stock levels. Plus, the disposal of trade stock.
- You will work with the Head of Business on both proven and entrepreneurial marketing strategies, aiming to maintain and / or improve our position in our local areas of interest.
- You will make use of our existing client databases and guarantee a high level of compliant outbound activity that results in regular and numerous additional appointments.
- You will guarantee a high level of customer satisfaction. Assisting any customer with a complaint, both personally and promptly.
- You will provide accurate daily, weekly and monthly reports and forecasts, while competently sharing new information with your team regarding Volkswagen targets and incentives.
- You will ensure that our vehicle display areas are well-maintained and adhere to Volkswagens high standards.
- You will build strong working relationships with the Sales Managers throughout our group and with our own Aftersales, parts and body-shop departments.
What experience are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have numerous years of experience as a Sales Manager in a volume franchise and have a proven track record of achieving targets and motivating a dynamic sales team. Sales Manager Accreditation from Volkswagen Automotive Group (VAG) would be a distinct advantage. In addition to your experience, you will demonstrate the following skills:
- The strength of character to work in a high paced and often demanding environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and pride in your work.
- Exceptional communication and mathematical skills and abilities.
- The ability to create a robust sales process and encourage your team to follow it without question.
- Strong organisation and time management skills.
What we can offer you.
Martins Group are a rare business that can offer the best of both worlds. We are large enough to compete with the very biggest and the very best dealer groups in the UK. But we also offer our customers and staff a family business environment. Our staff become part of our family and are nurtured in a way that only a privately-owned company can do.
You will be offered a highly competitive salary based on your experience. With an expected O.T.E (for the right candidate) of over £70,000 including quarterly performance and excellence bonuses. A high standard of company car will be provided, along with a generous, personal fuel allowance.
You will be given access to health insurance, pension and a staff vehicle leasing scheme. In addition to a generous holiday allowance. Most importantly, you we be welcomed in to a friendly team that will appreciate your skills and encourage you to succeed.
If you are ready to join our team. Please email your CV with a short introduction to our Head of Sales, James Laye at [email protected]
Apply now Martins Motor Group