Apply now Flat Fee Recruiter
Could you be our next Warehouse Shunter? We are a leading British supplier of fresh produce, currently looking for an experienced and capable candidate to join our Cannock warehouse team.
Salary: £28,730 per year
Full Time, Permanent Role
Must Hold an HGV Class 2 Licence
Must be Compliant with LGV Driving Legislation
33 Days’ Leave, Pension & Employee Discounts
Please note: Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
There’s every chance you’ll have eaten our food, so why not share our success and come and work for us? Bidfood is a leading wholesale food distributor and the preferred supplier for over 60,000 customers across the UK, ranging from pubs to schools, from restaurants to care homes and everything in between.
From Lands’ End to John O’Groats, whether our customers want just a teaspoon or a full range of catering supplies, we’ll supply their needs. We work as a team to provide every food option from quality ingredients to finished meals, including a number of own brand ranges as well as all the big brands and regional specialties.
We are looking for a Warehouse Shunter to join our highly efficient Cannock warehouse. You’ll fill an essential role in helping us achieve our targets by delivering the right products to our customers on time.
- Assembling and loading ambient/chilled/frozen products in a timely manner.
- Support the daily operation of delivering the correct food and non-food products to our customers on time.
- Work to daily targets in your role.
- Operate an HGV Class 2 vehicle on shift.
- Lift objects weighing up to 20kg on shift.
- Adhere to strict health and safety guidelines.
- Safely park all trailers.
- Inspect vehicles and trailers to look for safety defects.
- Carefully ensure handover procedures are correctly implemented when passing goods on to other workers.
The Ideal Warehouse Shunter
To be eligible for this role, you should have:
- An HGV Class 2 Licence.
- Compliance with LGV legislation.
- Be familiar with food safety/chill standards.
- Be comfortable with heavy lifting (up to 20kg).
- You will ideally have some food warehousing and distribution experience.
- You will be comfortable and experienced at working towards targets/KPIs.
- You will be a methodical worker.
- You will be a great team player.
- You will have a professional attitude at all times.
- You will be comfortable with working late shifts.
- You recognise the paramount importance of health and safety procedures.
- Competitive salary.
- Company pension.
- 33 days’ holiday per year (including Bank Holidays).
- Healthcare cash plan.
- Personal accident insurance.
- Employee discounts.
- Free parking.
How to apply for the Warehouse Shunter role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, click “apply” today and check your inbox for an email providing more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any supporting documents.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Other suitable skills and experience includes: Class 2 Shunter, HGV Shunter, LGV Shunter, Shunter, Shunter Driver, Night Shunter, Night Shift Shunter, Yard Shunter, Site Shunter, Site Loader, Warehouse Loader, Shunter Operator, HGV Shunter Driver.
Please note if you have not been contacted within 2 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful
Apply now Flat Fee Recruiter