Apply now Vospers
Are you a qualified Vehicle Technician, looking for the next step in your career? If so, we are now recruiting for a Vehicle Technician and are looking for individuals like you!
Role: Commercial Vehicle Technician
Location: Valley Road, Plymouth
To apply: Send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]
The main purpose of a Vospers Commercial Vehicle Technician is to carry out service, repair and maintenance to customers vehicles, to the highest possible standard commensurate with a high level of customer satisfaction.
* To carry out servicing, maintenance and repairs to customers vehicles.
* Interpret repair instructions accurately to achieve first time repair in line with customer requirements.
* Plan and carry out servicing work in a systematic and efficient manner to achieve completion with a satisfactory period of time.
* Ensure vehicles are carefully handled and that all reasonable care is taken of the vehicle whilst it is on the premises for service.
* If necessary, talk to customers directly about vehicle problems, therefore aiding the diagnostic process; first time fix and improving customer satisfaction.
* Undertake a vehicle health check on all retail and warranty jobs, maximize sales opportunities when extra work is required.
* Road test vehicles and diagnose problems as and when necessary.
* Ensure that all paperwork is completed accurately and promptly.
* Maintain work area, tools and equipment in a clean and safe state all times.
* Help to promote and provide a positive working environment for all, encapsulating the Vospers Employee Core Values and Mission Statement.
* Develop both your own, your team and Company knowledge through attending various training opportunities.
* Ensure security is maintained within the department and Company premises.
* Constantly review all areas of responsibility and discuss any ideas for future improvement.
* Interact with other team members in and outside of your department to promote the Vospers culture.
* Maintain a professional standard of dress to portray a professional image of the company.
* Maintain safe working practice and abide by all working rules set out on site.
* Undertake any other duties that are reasonably required by your Line Manager to meet the needs of the business.
* This role is based in a workshop but you may be required to work some evenings or weekends and also may be asked to carry out mobile work.
* We require someone who is flexible and has the ability to work as part of a team but also on his or her own.
* You must be IMI level 2 qualified, but preferably IMI level 3.
In return for your hard work, Vospers will provide you with:
* A competitive salary
* 22 days of annual leave per year plus 8 days bank holiday with an additional holiday accrual scheme
* Additional company benefits including a Bike to Work scheme, staff discounts in sales and service, staff referral scheme, pension, flu vouchers, eye care vouchers, counselling services, staff events and charity days, extensive training and support including work related professional qualifications and more.
Vospers has been the home of motoring in the south west for over 70 years and our success is built by and through our people. With an annual turnover in excess of £250 million pounds, we have over 550 talented staff across our various sites throughout the West Country; at its heart Vospers is still very much a family company.
People are important at Vospers and have a real say. It’s important to the directors that everyone feels that they’re part of something special. At Vospers we have a Mission Statement that really expresses what we’re all about and our Core Values sit at the heart of everything we do:
Care – Accountability – Performance – Respect – Integrity
We are proud that so many of our people stay with us and develop their careers at Vospers over the long term. Over 100 of our staff have completed between 10 and 40-years’ service with the company.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
Apply now Vospers