Apply now The Solution Automotive
Salary: Up to £40000 per annum + £40,000 plus car
Dealership Accountant – Greater Manchester
Our client, a privately owned approved dealership that specialises in quality used cars, is looking to recruit an experienced Dealership Accountant to join the team due to growth
Reporting directly into the Finance Manager.
This is an important and career enhancing opportunity during an exciting time of change for the company.
The Dealership Accountant will work alongside a support team, producing and finalising full sets of accounts and year end reports, inclusive of group presentation to the Director.
The Company Accountant role will involve:
- Run all daily accounting processes; of sales ledger, purchase ledger, payroll, cash posting, daily banking and all general ledger entries
- Bank postings and reconciliations
- Authorise payments to suppliers and third parties ensuring company policies are adhered to
- Weekly aged debt, WIP and purchase ledger reviews with the Finance Manager as well as cash monitoring
- Participate in the preparations stages of the weekly forecasting and identify any trends or anomalies to aid the Finance Manager on a timely basis
- Payroll preparation and wage journals
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Monthly management accounts and balance sheet reconciliations
- Liaising with external auditors for year end
- Managing the Accounts team on site
- Assist the Finance Manager in improvements to systems, processes and procedures
- Liaise with Auditors and provide year-end audit information
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience as a dealership accountant and be commercially minded and hands on.
- Knowledge of Evolution DMS would be an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and a Team Player with the ability to work on their own initiative
- CIMA/ ACCA Qualified or Finalist, with strong management accounts experience in a similar role
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills at all levels
- Ability to make recommendations and drive improvements
- Driven, proactive and diligent individual
Monday to Friday: 8.30am to 5pm
£40,000 + company car
- Exceptional benefits package
- Remote & flexible working
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- You will get a chance to work in an exciting new role that should offer the right candidate a real chance for career development and to play an integral part in the company’s future.
- On-site car parking
- Company discount
- Team excursions
Please ensure your CV is up to date with relevant contact details including address.
Who are you applying to?
The Solution Automotive Recruitment have been placing candidates into the UK Motor Trade since 1999. We have a fantastic relationship with all our clients and candidates across the country, many very long standing relationships. If you are skilled and experienced Automotive candidate, we want to hear from you and rest assured, you’ll be dealing with a person, not just a consultant! Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we get, we can only respond to the candidates who match the criteria set for this vacancy. We will retain your CV on our database and make contact as and when suitable vacancies arise. We will NEVER send your CV anywhere without your permission.
Key positons; Sales Executive, Sales Manager, Business Manager, Service Advisor, Parts Advisor, Technician, Mechanic, Master Technician, Workshop Controller, Service Manager, After Sales Manager, Dealer Principal, General Manager.
Apply now The Solution Automotive