Apply now Marshall Motor Group
The Social Media/Digital Marketing Assistant will play an integral role, supporting the Head of Marketing (and wider marketing team), to assist with various marketing initiatives to grow Marshall’s extensive social media following, plan and execute engaging organic content and assist with our digital presence and real estate. First class English verbal and written skills are an absolute must.
Social Media is firmly part of Marshall’s DNA – with all 5,500 colleagues and 1 million customers the content contributors! Social Media showcases our brand’s vision and values and creates an emotional connection with our audiences. Our strategy is to showcase our products and services (and people) including our focal #marshallmoments – the personality behind the “M” of Marshall. Our goal is to ensure that our social media community (and digital audience) are looked after, nurtured, rewarded and entertained on a regular basis – and keep them engaged.
As well as social media responsibilities you will also assist with updates of marshall.co.uk and Marshall Motor Group digital real estate.
The job role requires you to assist with:
- Writing interesting and compelling customer/brand-centric social media and website content aligned with our business objectives and requirements.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest news/trends/industry requirements and creating relevant, timely and entertaining content for various social media platforms.
- Creating content specific for the channel or delivery (e.g. reels, tweets and posts etc.,).
- Responding to customer comments / feedback via social channels with first class customer service skills.
- Develop engaging on-trend content, champion new ideas and innovative new ideas/campaigns – working collaboratively with the Head of Marketing and wider marketing team.
- Assisting the Marketing Team with their with digital marketing campaigns with new page creation and offer page updates.
- Producing and distributing core marketing performance reports where necessary.
- Assisting with agencies and suppliers.
- Ensuring the image of company is consistent with that of our represented manufacturer brands and their corporate identity.
- Assisting in the social media calendar content planning processes.
- A keen interest in social media and digital marketing.
- Experience in social media platforms, scheduling platforms, website content management systems and Google Analytics would be a distinct advantage.
- Previous experience in a social media role (highly desirable).
- A passion and knowledge for cars/vans/trucks and bikes would be desirable but is not a pre-requisite for the role – as would the understanding of how businesses can use social media to their advantage.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and have exceptional written communication and verbal skills.
- Proactive, highly adaptable, and detailed oriented.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Strong organisational and analytical skills.
- Capable and driven to quickly learn new technologies and continually upgrade current skill set.
- Must be very flexible (there will be occasions when you will need to assist with out of office hours coverage of social media reviews/questions) and able to work in a self-directed, rapidly changing environment.
- Possess a people oriented, friendly “can do” attitude.
- A desire to constantly develop new skills.
- Full UK clean driving licence.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Marshall Motor Group are able to offer a long, secure, progressive, exciting and rewarding career to the ideal candidate. If you have the drive, determination and are passionate about succeeding we would like to hear from you.
Marshall Jaguar Land Rover Newbury, Greenham Business Park.
Hybrid office and remote (at the time of writing)
Monday to Friday – 8.30am – 6.00pm (with 1-hour lunch hour)
Dependent on experience
Apply now Marshall Motor Group