Apply now Harwoods Group
Automotive retailer Harwoods Group, represents prestigious car brands Aston Martin, Audi, Bentley, Jaguar, Land Rover, McLaren and Volvo, as well as the truck brand MAN. We have eighteen businesses across Sussex, Surrey, Kent and Hampshire.
Our vision is to ‘create memorable experiences’, as we believe our primary role is to add maximum value to the customer journey. We also aim to make working at Harwoods as memorable and enjoyable as possible and benefit from above average employee engagement.
With 98% of staff scoring positively when asked ‘I care about the future of Harwoods’, we’re a safe bet for a job and career.
Harwoods Jaguar Land Rover Croydon was acquired in 1994, when the Group purchased the Brighton Road, Coulsdon site. It is situated on the main arterial A23 road to London, with great transport links nearby. April 2016 saw us purchase Jaguar and become a dual-branded retailer, offering both sales and aftersales departments for Land Rover and Jaguar. In total, we have a team of around 75 employees across both brands, many of whom have worked at this site for 20+ years. Our territory stretches as far as Streatham and Dulwich, down to Caterham and Tadworth. We deliver around 900 new and 700 used vehicles per year, across the JLR brands
The role of the Customer Service Driver is to:
• Support the business by carrying out driving duties.
All Harwoods employees are expected to comply with/adhere to all Harwoods policies and procedures and any additional manufacturer requirements relevant to their role.
• At the request of the sales, service or parts departments/Bodyshop, carry out driving jobs as and when required.
• Carry out a pre-delivery quality check and ensure the vehicle meets customer expectations.
• Carry out a final handover with the customer upon delivery of (sold) vehicles.
• Ensure all documentation is accurately completed in line with business standards and return to the sales, service or parts departments.
• Maintain safe working practices and standards, including driving all vehicles with due care and attention for all customers, road users and pedestrians.
• Proof of Right to Work in the UK.
• Previously employed in a position of trust.
Skills & Knowledge
• Full UK driving licence.
• Smart appearance.
• Competency in numeracy and literacy.
• Advanced motoring qualification.
Harwoods has 5 key competencies which describe the behaviours expected of all employees. For this role we are looking for applicants who can demonstrate all of the competencies below at the level described, as per the attached competency framework.
Delivering Memorable Customer Service
Provides customer service which creates ‘memorable experiences’ through meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
High Performing Teams
Supports others to continuously improve performance. Seeks feedback on own performance, takes responsibility for own development & demonstrates Harwoods values.
Commercial and Operational Excellence
Understands the drivers of business performance and uses them to optimise commercial opportunities. Plans and manages processes, resources workflows efficiently.
Innovation & Improvement
Demonstrates openness to change and improvement. Proactively looks for more effective ways of doing things.
Knowledgeable of, aligned to and ambassador for the brand and adheres to brand standards.
Apply now Harwoods Group