Apply now RSG
RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supporting Blue Light sector organisations with their recruitment.
RSR Police are looking to speak to candidates with experience of Fleet Management to join our clients Fleet Services Team to manage the strategic asset of vehicle fleet through the development and maintenance of a Fleet Management Strategy for the Force, in order to ensure a cost effective and efficient fleet is provided which supports the core activities of the Force.
This role is a temporary contract for 12 months, working Monday to Friday with the occasional need to work weekends depending on the business’ needs. The rate of pay for this role is £23.86 to £26.18 per hour PAYE.
- Develop and maintain the Fleet Management Strategy for the Force, assessing the performance, cost and suitability of vehicles and planning for future requirements, in order to ensure the fleet meets the business needs
- Manage the section’s activities, including planning and prioritising workload and identifying aims, objectives and performance indicators
- Manage and be responsible for recruitment, appraisal, development and discipline to ensure that staff have the knowledge, skills and experience to achieve required standards and performance
- Manage regional / national collaboration initiatives and ensure full participation in NAPFM, NPIA and ACPO vehicle standardisation and benchmarking activity
- Maintain effective relationships with suppliers, negotiating where necessary, in order to ensure the receipt of value for money services and an effective vehicle fleet is maintained
- Provide professional advice, including responses and reports where necessary, to senior managers and Chief Officers on fleet management issues
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts, attending seminars and conferences where appropriate, to ensure that wider business is kept up to date with developments in the field
- Prepare budgets, in consultation with senior managers and the Director of Finance and Resources, to ensure that funding and resources align with planned commitments
- Ensure the workshops are maintained to a high standard, in order to comply with health and safety legislation and provide an effective working environment
- Previous experience within a similar role in transport management
- Experience of managing a team including performance review and development
- Proven verbal and written communication skills at all levels of an organisation
- Experience of working in partnership with external suppliers/departments
- Ability to deliver information to panels and groups at a senior level
- Experience of budget management of a department in line with a finance team
- High level vehicle technician qualification such as a NVQ, City & Guilds Etc
- Ideally full membership of a professional body such as the Institute of the Motor Industry or Society of Operations Engineers (Formerly IRTE – Institute of Road Transport Engineers)
This role will be subject to vetting and the successful individual will be required to obtain and maintain these clearances.
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them to ourselves. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) – a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply now RSG